Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1542 Talkback: 10th Anniversary of Comic Geek Speak

i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
edited March 2015 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs

Live from Golden Eagle Comics, it's the Comic Geek Speak 10th Anniversary Super-Celebration! All eight of the current co-hosts are on hand for this riotous, round-table retrospective on ten years of comics podcasting and fellowship, aided and abetted by a live studio audience of listeners, friends, and family. Listen in and celebrate with us!

Listen to the show! And here's to ten more!

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Wish I was there! Half way through this epic and loving it so far.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    Listening now. Can we get a role call (left to right) for the photo above. I know some, but not all.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Steeven said:

Listening now. Can we get a role call (left to right) for the photo above. I know some, but not all.

Kevin, Adam, Shane, Chris, Matt, Peter, Bryan, and Brian (me).
  • Options
    Left to right: Kevin Moyer, Adam Murdough, Shane Kelly, Chris Eberle, Matt, Peter Rios, Bryan Deemer, PANTALONES!
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    Thank you, Ian and Pants.

I want to say that I have a really great creative partnership (and even better friendship) going with Mr. Harold Jennett and that never would have happened were it now for CGS.

I want to thank Harold publicly for all the uncomfortable hugs he gave out in my name . . . thank you Harold ;)
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Congratulations on ten years. Mr. Eberle, it's nice to put a face to the name. And it was good to hear from everyone.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited March 2015
    Congrats on ten years and here's to many more!
  • Options
    Steeven said:

Thank you, Ian and Pants.

I want to say that I have a really great creative partnership (and even better friendship) going with Mr. Harold Jennett and that never would have happened were it now for CGS.

I want to thank Harold publicly for all the uncomfortable hugs he gave out in my name . . . thank you Harold ;)

Rest assured, they were uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    edited March 2015
    Great episode/gathering. It only took three weeks to listen to. :-)

Happy 10th guys!

I'm very glad to have been part of at least one episode.
  • Options
    Congratulations to all of you on ten mighty years. And thanks for all the geeky speaky.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    congrats guys!!! Thanks for the years of excellent and hard work!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    Congratulations CGS! You were one of the first podcasts I listened to when I purchased my first iPod back in 2005. 1 replacement iPod and 2 iPhones later, I'm still with you. Meeting some of you in person at the 2006 NY Comic Con was such a personal highlight for me and I'm so glad you guys are still here and making podcast magic. :-)
  • Options
    SharkJumperSharkJumper Posts: 204
    Thank you, gentlemen. Loved it!
  • Options
    Thanks for years of enjoyment and congratulations! In honor of the 10th anniversary, I've been listening to some of the earliest episodes the past week or two, and it's fascinating to hear what has changed and what has stayed the same.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Congratulations CGS! I think we can all appreciate the sacrifice of time and effort you guys pour into this program. It's obvious you all have busy lives outside of the studio, and yet continue to be dedicated to your passion - comics!
    Even if I didn't read comics, that would be inspiring. Please keep up the good work and realize there are so many of your listeners who are glad it's still important to you all.
  • Options
    ADR_oneADR_one Posts: 4
    Congrats on the 10 years guys that's awesome . The question about the song making the boyfriend out to be the good guy cracked me up I was listening to it on my lunch break and it made me laugh out loud and everyone around me thought I was crazy so thanks for that..
  • Options
    Congratulations, gentlemen!

Unsung moment of the episode? @Adam_Murdough showing himself to be an old-time SCTV fan by dropping a "Sammy Maudlin" reference. Almost makes up for his irrational hatred of Ferris Bueller. :-)
  • Options
    I finished listening last night and it was wonderful. I don't post hardly ever but I used to call in and leave messages a fair amount. I had a regret a while back that I stopped listening for a spell. That was dumb and my reasons. This cast means a lot to me and in the past you guys and Fear the Boot got me through some rough times. Lots of love and keep uniting the world you sexy bitches.
  • Options
    I remember the original DMZ episode... I've been listening since almost day one.

Anybody know exactly which episode it was? Would love to hear it again!
  • Options
    wuchmeewuchmee Posts: 16
    Congratulations, CGS, for a decade of comic talk. Here's to many more episodes.
  • Options
    compsolutcompsolut Posts: 150
    Gentlemen, I am on round two of listening to this. Keep up the good work, and thank you for your dedication. I have only been listening for a year or so, but have been enjoying going backwards listening to your previous episodes.
  • Options
    Tonebone said:

I remember the original DMZ episode... I've been listening since almost day one.

That would be Episode 384: Book of the Month - DMZ!
  • Options
    mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    great pics!! I'm so bummed i missed it:( I was at both super shows and I specifically remember sitting at the bar upstairs with Murd the first one(the first one at that bar)...I didn't know anyone at that time but felt right at home:) . we talked horror comics Murd, it was fleeting but a good memory of mine:)
  • Options

Tonebone said:

That would be Episode 384: Book of the Month - DMZ!
    I never heard this ep..only the "lore" lol thx for pointing me at where to get it:)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Another of my "favorite" moments for me, was years ago, I went by myself to a wild pig con. I just heard about it from the podcast so decided to check it out. I did a ton of shopping and then just sat at the bar by myself. After a while, the geeks and some others went to the big long table to have dinner and Shane yells over to me to come join you all. I'm really shy, so I was like "nah, but thanks" Shane wasn't having it lol. So, I joined and it was a memory I won't forget:) I mean I didn't talk too much but I had such a great time..and yes, that laugh Chris,,threw me a moment too lol. And that waitress!! omg so soooooooooooo slow..Jamie was as frustrated as we all were, I'll never forget. I made so many friends through you guys and the forums...Now i go to multiple cons every summer (and somehow ALWAYS run into Pants) - I especially love Heroes con! I make the 10 hour drive just to see my forum family(the first time i went alone and never met anyone in person prior)...Mike Myers his wife Barb(2 of my best friends), Keith Knudsen, Darrell,. Cunnigham, Alan, Luke...everyone who I sadly only see maybe 3 times a year due to distance but talk with regularly and am closer with than most of my "real life" friends. would nevr of happened if not for you geeks:) I'm not the most chatty of the Kathys, but my life will never be the same:)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    And @mbatz, as an aside since I have been re-listening to the DMZ Book of the Month on my way in to work, the debate and argument truly began earlier, during Episode 325: Top 100 Trades. That then led to further conversation (and saltiness) and the Book of the Month.
  • Options
    thx, yeah I was wondering about that because the book of the month ep wasn't very hostile:) thank you for the head's up:)
  • Options
    smoore78smoore78 Posts: 15
    Congratulations on 10 great years! Here's to 10 more! I've been listening since Fall of 2012, and I've listened to many older episodes (aka CGS back issues). There's not a month I go by, without listening to the Previews episode before I place my order. You guys provide educational episodes (Spotlights), news and noteworthy episodes (Comic talks), and episodes on current comics (Off the racks). Thank you for the entertainment over the years. I listen to almost an episode a day on my commute to work and back. You have to look hard to find comic fans here in the south, so I do appreciate the work you guys put in. I will rock my Jamie's Avengers shirt on Free Comic Book Day! Again, thanks again for the work an effort you all have put in. To many more!