Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1555 Talkback - Comic Talk

The CGS Video Revolution continues with our first visually-enhanced general-topic all-purpose loosey-goosey Comic Talk episode! We've got Star Wars trailer talk, news and anecdotes from C2E2 2015, a (literal!) look at a few select back issues from Pants' collection, CGS Mailbag, Muddle the Murd, and other eye candy, all filmed in stunning three-camera GEEK-O-RAMA™! (But fear not, podcast traditionalists: we're still all about the audio!) (1:31:39)

Listen (and watch) here.

Comments

• Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    edited April 2015
    @Pants, if it helps, the echo seemed to really only be there when your specific mic was on during the Skype portion. Then everyone else would echo too. Does your computer have an Input Monitor setting? It's possible that if that was on, that might have been the specific issue, as that lets you hear yourself via the soundcard. I only know a little, but hopefully that helps.
  • Options
    I purchased Suicide Squad #1 from 1987 for 25 cents five years ago. I don't think I ever read it, so I guess I should do that and sell it.
  • Options
    jmpenickjmpenick Posts: 10
    Guys... love the video display..... (watching you guys dodge and squirm is fun!) Anyway... not a big poster here ... but want to note i loved DK2! You have to almost read it with a 'elseworlds' story. Would agree that FMIller's take on Supes here is different - but love the Flash, Plastic Man and Green Lantern takes a lot....

Hang loose & keep the video's coming...
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    About 2/3 of the way through and I haven't noticed any audio issues whatsoever. Even Deemer Skyping in sounded fine.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    I listen through my car sometimes and the new audio sounds less warm than I remember the other episodes. I have to give it more bass. Is there any mixing going on? Good conversation otherwise, if a bit hollow sounding.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I'm watching the episode right now on my big screen with Chromecast! This is a nice experience.
  • Options
    Air-harp in living color!
  • Options
    Just finished watching the whole thing. Wow that was fun. Seeing you guys brings a whole more expressive level to your conversations. Hopefully there will be listener skpe call-ins.
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I'm glad people are liking the videos. We're having fun making them. We should be able to keep improving them.

And if we grow the audience and make some more money on advertising, we'll be able to make even more improvements.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited May 2015
    I say this with love, guys... but listening to you worry about the audio issues was much more difficult than any audio issues that may have actually occurred. :D

I say just roll with it and address any problems after the fact, learn from the current video cast to make the next one better. If you worry too much about it in the moment, it derails the conversation too much.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited May 2015
    Shane I loved Ready Player One. It was a great book; you really should finish it.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    mwhitt80 said:

Shane I loved Ready Player One. It was a great book; you really should finish it.

Absolutely agree. It was a really fun ride.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    hauberk said:

mwhitt80 said:

Absolutely agree. It was a really fun ride.
    I listened to the audio book (narrated by Will Wheaton) and enjoyed it a ton. The obscure references that the main character is able to catch sometimes stretches the believability..even in a book like this. It's a minor quibble though and the book is worth finishing.

• Options
    ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 156
    Cool thanks everyone. I will get to it and read it. It just sounded like a fun read. :)
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Hey, wow! This was a great episode! My only suggestion might be that if you want to show something on the "focus or zoom" cam that you prepare a target area beforehand. Perhaps some kind of slab or shelf? Then you can just lay the comic on top of it instead of trying to find the best place to hold it up. The back issue thing? Yeah, it could be artificial, I think. Once again, congrats to the Murd on NOT getting muddled! I was a littled worried that the wordy questions might throw him. Loved seeing those old comics that Pants had and the presents plus sample sent to Murd. I also think Shane's input was cool. He seems more comfortable on video than on audio! Loved his and Deemer's reaction to the Star Wars trailer.
  • Options
    So I can't seem to find the South African GN "Rebirth" at US etailers...is there a way for us yanks to get our hands on it without spending an arm and a leg overseas?