Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

One comic is too many and a thousand is not enough

2»

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Could they do a season every TWO years? So we get 22-25 issues? That feels more appropriate for the medium.
  • Options
    hornheadhornhead Posts: 137
    We'll see what the future holds, but I am hoping that seasons can be different lengths and different #s of issues. Anything to give the writers the option to tell their stories in 6, 4, 1, or however many they need to make it good. Just don't try to fit everything into a predetermined length. I say this realizing that stories have been "written for trade" for years.. obviously that trend will continue, but I hope any new model just allows the creators to make decisions to best serve the stories they're telling.

I miss the old high issue numbers and the good done-in-ones, but there are indie books I read that still do both of those things, plus back issues to seek out and read. This is the way things have been going for a while so it's not really a big deal to me. Let's see what they do with it.
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782

Could they do a season every TWO years? So we get 22-25 issues? That feels more appropriate for the medium.

I'd prefer 12 double sized issues at current prices.
  • Options
    I don't think the industry could sustain 2 years for 1 story with a single creative team. Their collective heads might explode
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    The seasons will be of different month or year length for different books simply because there will be books that will not stay on schedule.
  • Options
    Schedule!!!! Schedule!!?? We don't need no stinkin' schedules.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    popestu said:

Schedule!!!! Schedule!!?? We don't need no stinkin' schedules.

I think that was the policy with "Hawkeye"
  • Options
    How long and/or often can it be delayed and still be called an "ongoing"?