Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

How I Learned to Stop Worrying (About the Box Office) and Love the Bomb.

124»

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

WetRats said:

...and of all those films, Tomorrowland was the one that deserved so much better.

Loved it.

Saw it twice.
    So did I!
    Does this mean that even FEWER people saw Tomorrowland than tickets sold? All these comic geeks that saw it twice skewed the numbers and it still underperformed...
    And I will buy the DVD when it comes out and skew those numbers even further!
    But will you buy two copies?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Pixels cost $88m and has grossed $175m worldwide

Terminator Genisys: cost $155m and has grossed less than $90m domestic, but is set to gross over $400m worldwide when it opens in China later this month - prepare for a sequel after all. Saved by the international market, much like Transformers 3 & 4

Maybe one of these will make your list of lovable bombs. Of the handful of these I've seen, none make that list. Although, I have to admit, Terminator: Genisys was better than T4: Salvation and T3: Rise of the Machines. So I didn't hate it at all.

I kind of want to see Pixels when it's On-Demand.

And I enjoyed the recent Terminator. Which I probably would buy on Blu Ray.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

WetRats said:

...and of all those films, Tomorrowland was the one that deserved so much better.

Loved it.

Saw it twice.
    So did I!
    Does this mean that even FEWER people saw Tomorrowland than tickets sold? All these comic geeks that saw it twice skewed the numbers and it still underperformed...
    And I will buy the DVD when it comes out and skew those numbers even further!
    Me, too.
  • Options

Speed Racer is unfairly maligned. It's fun, funny, and damn visual delight... one of the first movies I bought when I got a Blu-Ray player.

Speed Racer for me too. Got it it on blu-ray too.