Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What Is The New CGS Podcast Schedule?

Are the Geeks not doing weekly podcasts anymore? Your loving fans would like to know if there are plans for a regular release schedule? Or is it just play by ear?

When is the Ant-Man review going up?

Hope everything is going well.

THANK YOU!

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    That's probably a question for @Pants
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    bamfbamf said:

Are the Geeks not doing weekly podcasts anymore? Your loving fans would like to know if there are plans for a regular release schedule? Or is it just play by ear?

THANK YOU!

Thanks for the continued interest.

There is no regular release schedule.

The Ant-Man review should go up soon after it's recorded.

Everything is going well.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

8-)
  • Options
    Pants said:

bamfbamf said:

THANK YOU!

Thanks for the continued interest.

There is no regular release schedule.

The Ant-Man review should go up soon after it's recorded.

Everything is going well.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

8-)
    Toldja.

Love you @Pants !!
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    The main website has now been stripped of episode links and seems like an advertisement for a comic convention in London. I don't know why I would go to comicgeekspeak.com to buy tickets to a comic convention in London, or why a comic convention in London has so much pull over a comic podcast made by some guys in PA. Don't get it. Am sad. Hope this isn't the end.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited August 2015
    Elsiebub said:

The main website has now been stripped of episode links and seems like an advertisement for a comic convention in London. I don't know why I would go to comicgeekspeak.com to buy tickets to a comic convention in London, or why a comic convention in London has so much pull over a comic podcast made by some guys in PA. Don't get it. Am sad. Hope this isn't the end.

The boys (well Pants & Deemer) have been part of the organizers since the first London Con. They might have taken it a little far this year.
  • Options
    "Cannot connect to database"
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    edited August 2015
    Yes, I realize that some of the Geeks are involved in that convention. It still feels like a cold bucket of water being splashed on my head, to go to comicgeekspeak.com and see nothing but information for an overseas comic-con that's over six months away. I can certainly understand the convention wanting to use the CGS connection to promote the event, but completely taking over the website and getting rid of all the extensive backlog of episodes seems... extreme, and I hope it's just temporary.

It would've been cool if the guys could have at least given listeners a heads-up that this (whatever "this" is) was going to happen. I hope there isn't any animosity behind the scenes ("That's it--I'm pulling all the episodes!") and I hope that there will be forthcoming episodes in some capacity (especially more Murd's Time Bubbles).
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    @brydeemer designs the website for LSCC. He was moving servers and that's why you temporarily saw their site here.
  • Options
    @Elsiebub we may be presuming too much. I just visited the CGS page and saw nothing about the London convention, just a large "Our Pal Sal" player for that podcast episode. The link to other episodes turned up nothing and another link on the page went nowhere. I am guessing that @brydeemer is furiously working on upgrading the website as we read this because several of the elements I noticed were brand-spanking new. Let's give these overworked and underpaid geeks some time before we get upset over the width and breadth of our free entertainment.

If you'd like to help the guys out, the online donation page is still up. Why not drop them a few shekels to support?
  • Options
    Pants said:

@brydeemer designs the website for LSCC. He was moving servers and that's why you temporarily saw their site here.

Thanks for stepping in here @Pants
  • Options
    Yes, thanks. Moving servers makes a lot more sense.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited August 2015
    That is such a disappointing answer I hoping for a nefarious plot in which the geeks secretly sold the podcast.
    In this week's episode the gang's voices would all be replaced by new actors (except Pants he was renewed). There would be slight changes in the pronunciation of names (Shaun Kelly, Brion Deemer, Max, etc..), but the show would go on like normal (only not as good).

Instead we get perfectly normal explanation; this is why you don't peek behind the curtain.