Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Predator | New Sequel from Shane Black

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3 filmmaker signed on to direct and write a treatment for a new Predator movie last summer, enlisting friend and Monster Squad co-writer Fred Dekker to pen the screenplay. While initially reported as a reboot of the property, Black—who appeared as an actor in the 1987 original and also contributed significantly to the script—subsequently revealed to us that the film is instead an “inventive sequel” that will mine the rich mythology of the franchise. This will be a sequel to the original film.

More here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1txEAywdiw

Comments

• Options
    Predator and Robocop... Stop trying!!!! Sequels, Reboots, Team-ups! Nothing has ever worked! I'd include Alien and Terminator in there too, but at least they both had one sequel that worked.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I have to say, I really enjoyed Predators. It was in the same vein as Aliens & captured the feel of Predator.

M
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Predator and Robocop... Stop trying!!!! Sequels, Reboots, Team-ups! Nothing has ever worked! I'd include Alien and Terminator in there too, but at least they both had one sequel that worked.

I think the problem with Prometheus is that everyone expected the Aliens storyline to be the A-plot instead of the C-plot.

Initially I didn't like the movie because of that. After a second viewing & more thought into it, I really liked how that was the direction they went with the movie.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

I think the problem with Prometheus is that everyone expected the Aliens storyline to be the A-plot instead of the C-plot.

Initially I didn't like the movie because of that. After a second viewing & more thought into it, I really liked how that was the direction they went with the movie.

M
    I actually don't have a problem with Promethues either . I just don't think of it as an "Alien" sequel any more than I consider the Amazing Spider-Man comic a sequel to Fantastic Four or the movie "Soldier" with Kurt Russell a sequel to "Blade Runner". They simply take place in the same universe. (Seriously, look up the Soldier thing, so dumb).
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Here's hoping!
  • Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    edited August 2015
    I've really enjoyed the Predator franchise as a whole so far and I am a fan of both Shane Black's and Fred Dekker's bodies of work. So, I'm all in on this.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Matt said:

I have to say, I really enjoyed Predators. It was in the same vein as Aliens & captured the feel of Predator.

M

Thank you. I greatly enjoyed Predators as well.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Predators was a cute enough action flick. It just wasn't a good Predator movie.