Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    a 40 buck price tag for one season? I'm so glad Amazon is around. it's 27.99 right now http://www.amazon.com/Logans-Run-Complete-Gregory-Harrison/dp/B006MFQ4OS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335099204&sr=8-2 I've never seen the show but it looks kind of neat. I'm gonna wait for it to become cheaper. I don't like paying more than 20 for only one season and I better really like that show for that price.

Anyway since I've not seen it and I'm guessing you have why wasn't it great?
  • Options
    I will have to get it. I have had a bootleg of it for years. It has a different vibe than the film. More run of the mill 70s crap scifi but it has interesting moments. Rem is the most interesting character. I think it is worth $20.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I was surprised when I saw it on the shelves the other day. Now someone needs to hurry up and put "Salute Your Shorts" out on dvd.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I remember watching reruns of that on TNT back in the early 90s. A little cheesy, but it was fun.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I never understood what the big fuss was about Wolverine jogging.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I remember watching reruns of that on TNT back in the early 90s. A little cheesy, but it was fun.
    That's how I watched the series. I just don't remember it being good/fun.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Not great, but remembered fondly department.
    That's how I watched the series. I just don't remember it being good/fun.
    Logan's Run was the coolest thing ever... for about a year. Then Star Wars came along and it looked twenty years out of date overnight. The TV series had the misfortune to come out the fall after Star Wars. It looked at least as good as the movie, and expanded the concept nicely, but in the wake of Star Wars, it just looked shabby.
  • Options
    So for the people that have seen it,is it worth renting from Netflix?
  • Options
    Certainly worth it.

I want wizards and warriors on dvd
  • Options
    Certainly worth it.

I want that also. About 5 years ago at a con I bought a bootleg set of Wizards and Warriors. And it wasn't cheap. Well last year I wanted to watch it again and all the disc refused to play in any dvd player I have. I even tried ripping them with my dvd burner on my computer but that didn't work.
  • Options
    Certainly worth it.

Amen, brother!

• Options
    Certainly worth it.

I want that also. About 5 years ago at a con I bought a bootleg set of Wizards and Warriors. And it wasn't cheap. Well last year I wanted to watch it again and all the disc refused to play in any dvd player I have. I even tried ripping them with my dvd burner on my computer but that didn't work.
    That'll learn ya!

Crime doesn't pay!
    :ar!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    So for the people that have seen it,is it worth renting from Netflix?
    You are already paying for your netflix subscription so it's not like lost money. Get the first disc and if you don't like it never watch anymore. Even better if you find the first handful of episodes dumb just send it back the next day and get something else.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited April 2012
    Certainly worth it.

That'll learn ya!

Crime doesn't pay!
    Ye' best start believin' in ghost stories...

Oh, whoops, wrong pirates. :\">
  • Options
    Certainly worth it.

That'll learn ya!

Crime doesn't pay!
    LOL I will only ever buy bootleg dvds of stuff that isnt out on dvd. There is some shows I loved so much I have imported the dvd sets from other regions. Like "The Tribe",since it seemed like it was never gonna come out on region 1 dvd I imported all 5 seasons from region 2. But then I also have an all region dvd player that can convert PAL to NTSC.