Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Official Tablet Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    I recently got (for Black Friday) the Surface 2 with type cover. (I hear the touch covers are murder, as in they'll drive you to commit the crime itself) I love it. Some apps aren't available that should be (Pandora for example) but I'm enjoying it. Mostly because I wanted a nice tablet that could (theoretically) function as a laptop, access my various social media platforms AND, most importantly, had a USB port.

By having a USB port I can house all of my digital comics on a single (or more) USB drive and just connect and read when I feel like it rather than taking up valuable storage space on the tablet itself. And via the app I found for windows 8 that reads the correct files, it works great. Love my choice.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Cool. The USB port is nice. We have iPads and kindle fires and that would be a nice option to have.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    You can get a refurbed iPad 2 for less than $400 with a limited warranty from NewEgg.com where I buy most of my electronics (or TigerDirect.com). We have two minis and 1 iPad 2 and we are pleased with every one of them.