Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

OT - NFL Post Season 2 The Draft

mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
Well it's that time again, and the NFL Draft is upon us. So what are your thoughts heading into the big event.

Comments

• if feels like I already know how the top 3 will pick, so no drama really. Where is Tannebaum and Richarson go is only the question.

I doubt the Vikings will throw the monkey wrench into the mix and not pick Kahil...
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, one and two are locks and the Vikes are on the clock. Miami may move up and take the third spot to stop the Browns from taking who they have their eye on. While I assume the Vikes will stay at three I can't rule out them making a deal.
  • Yeah, one and two are locks and the Vikes are on the clock. Miami may move up and take the third spot to stop the Browns from taking who they have their eye on. While I assume the Vikes will stay at three I can't rule out them making a deal.
    or screwing it up.... How can one just let your time expire?! At least Tice is with Chicago, he can go make a mess in the Windy City.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The Saints, while not having a pick in the first round, will have representatives there putting bounties on all prospects... :)
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    @torchsong
    And listening to other teams "war rooms"
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    some I'm reading the TMQ's Mock-Draft
    6. St. Louis: The Sinister Six, invincible super-villains from the Spider-Man musical. At first glance there might seem no point to the fired-director-versus-producers lawsuit over the widely mocked "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark." But in seven days in January the show sold $2.9 million worth of tickets, best week in Broadway history. A musical that seemed doomed to take down a huge investment instead has become a real version of "The Producers," minus dancing Nazis.
    The Draft has turned into such a circus. It wasn't that long ago I'd spend my Saturday afternoon watching the first two rounds. Now we need a mid week, prime time extravaganza for round one. I love watching it but this is so silly.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Our long national nightmare may be over...The NFL is looking into dropping the Pro Bowl.
    sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pro-bowl-might-finally-taken-behind-shed-shot-134538699.html
    The Pro Bowl is about as fake as WWE wrestling...except they actually hit hard in the WWE.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    The Pro Bowl is about as fake as WWE wrestling...except they actually hit hard in the WWE.
    So, it's TNA wrestling...
    :P
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I think the Pro Bowl should be a penalty game. Do something rotten in the regular season and get caught - you're going to the Pro Bowl young man!

The Saints D-line will be taking the first eleven slots. It's up to the other teams to fill the rest up.
  • well, the Vikings didn't do too bad. Draft day ain't been the kindest to Viking fans, nice to see the Vikes get 2 Number 1 round picks and still pick up a 5th and a 7th. I say the team drafted for need. As well did the Steelers.
    Why did the Browns trade up? The only thing I can imagine is that they were trying to stop another team from trading with the Vikings. I mean, giving up those draft picks to move up one slot(to pick a player the Vikes wouldn't have taken) just seems goofy otherwise.
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Why did the Browns trade up? The only thing I can imagine is that they were trying to stop another team from trading with the Vikings. I mean, giving up those draft picks to move up one slot(to pick a player the Vikes wouldn't have taken) just seems goofy otherwise.
    They must have felt like the team in front of them was going to take the player they wanted. They Browns had a stupid amount of picks. What was it, 13? I don't know if a team could afford to bring in that many players.
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    typical tactic:
    Browns know team ahead of them is not taking the guy they want so they are happy to sit.
    Vikings shop the pick to a team that would definitely take Richardson. Get them interested enough to make a valid worthwhile offer.
    Vikings call Browns and say, we're trading our pick to X Team who is taking Richardson, if you want him swap picks with us and throw in _________.
    Browns makes some calls and validate that the third team did make an offer to move into the 3 slot, so they make a generous offer to the Vikings who nab extra picks just for moving down 1 slot to take the guy they want anyway.

its a tough pull, and you need that third team to be serious about the offer and be a sure suitor for the guy you want... love Draft day shenanigans.
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Im just impressed that for the first time in 3 years the Vikings didn't run out of time for their pick... (though whether it was an accident or intentional in the previous years is up to debate).
    No, they didn't do it on purpose. That's how inept they were.
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I have no idea what the Broncos are trying to do.
  • sandmansandman Posts: 199
    edited April 2012
    What are the Lions doing! After a few years of solid drafts to turn that team around, now they do this? Their secondary is terrible. And they need some reliability at running back because of the injury issues that they have. So in the first round they draft a back-up offensive lineman? And then in the second round they draft a back-up wide-receiver who is coming off of ACL surgery and can't even try to play until at least November?

The Lions didn't address their primary need until the third round when they finally took a cornerback. Baffling. I'm mad that Detroit couldn't make a deal to move up in the first round and get a top prospect. Dallas only gave up a second round pick to move up and take highest rated corner in the draft. A player that Detroit sorely needed. And Tampa Bay makes a move to go up and get a top safety, and then makes another move to get back into the first round to draft a quality running back. Two other positions that Detroit really needs.

Detroit doesn't need to draft 10 players to try to get good. They have a pretty good team now. They just need 2 or 3 players to try to become one of the best teams. Detroit could afford to give up draft picks to try to get 2 or 3 players.

D-, Detroit