Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1587 Talkback - Previews

Beat those winter blues with this month's new Previews! We go through the January catalog for items shipping starting in March. Includes a first look at the Free Comic Book Day 2016 giveaways! (2:03:26)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Re: Predators the movie.

Predator is movie for men. We ain't got time to bleed men.

Predators is a movie for boys.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited January 2016
    No love for Sanford Greene’s art for Power Man & Iron Fist? Really? Sanford is fantastic, and I love his designs for the series. This and Waid and Samnee’s Black Widow series are the two new Marvel books I'm most excited to get my hands on—even more than I was Doctor Strange, which I'm really enjoying.

I'll give you points for the Paper Girls enthusiasm though. Paper Girls is probably my pick for Best New Series of the Year.

And thanks for the plug, @wildpigcomics! It's much appreciated, especially when we've got two issues of Back Issue solicited in the same month thanks to Diamond's error. We're hoping people don't see one and skip over the other.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    @Adam_Murdough, the only way to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show is at a live screening with audience participation. Just dive in and go, preferrably with someone who’s familiar with the experience, but if not, you'll be fine on your own. If you feel you have to watch the movie without distraction afterwards, fine, but I think it really is best to see it at a live screening first.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited January 2016
    IDW
    @wildpigcomics - you can get the Larry Hama Gi Joe continuation in Gi Joe Classic volume 16 & 17.

The Goddamned - I've read the first 2 issues; it's a great book. It's not for kids, but man it is good comics. The Goddamned takes an interesting look at what Pre-flood humanity devolved into.

The Wayward - @wildpigcomics if you are interested in Japanese culture/mythology you really should try this book. I would recommend tracking down the issues because of the back matter.

I Hate Fairyland has been a really good book so far.

Other
    Hip hop Family Tree #8. - a great history on rap and hip hop.

One Punch Man volume 5 - If you like One Piece or Dragonball/DBZ you might want to try this. It's really good comic; plus its still super early in the series so catching up is super easy
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

No love for Sanford Greene’s art for Power Man & Iron Fist? Really? Sanford is fantastic, and I love his designs for the series. .

I agree. I think it looks really cool.

• Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    edited January 2016
    To answer @Adam_Murdough and @ShaneKelly's question regarding Michael Dorn, he was indeed a voice on Gargoyles from the beginning! He was the show's resident cyborg, because every show in the 90's needed a cyborg. Cold Stone was a recurring character from the first season onward, and dealt with a severe case of multiple personalities, as his form was made up of multiple Gargoyles Frankensteined into one body.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited January 2016
    I second the love for "The Goddamned." Oh, wait. I see @mwhitt80 has already seconded. I *third* then.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm all over that Ghostbusters Deviations issue. Also taking part with your DC book for OTR.