Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1595 Talkback - Previews

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of PREVIEWS! We go through the March catalog for items shipping starting in May--with the awesomeness-amplifying assistance of our special guests, Adam Withers and Comfort Love! (2:57:04)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Congratulations @Matt !!!!

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Congratulations @Matt

Full house on today's show.
  • Options
    Congratulations, Matt and Megan!
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Snow? Snow?
    It is 80 degrees and sunny here.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Adam (the other one) on Scooby-Doo and Starman. Wonderfully spoken.

Re: Prez, I have to respectfully disagree with Chris. Yes, it is bizarre, but no—absolutely no—it does not have to be read. There are stories that are so bad they're good, but these are just painfully bad. I've read ’em all, including the fifth issue which only appeared in Cancelled Comics Cavalcadethey're not worth it! Not even to resolve any morbid curiosity you may have. I know Adam will have to own it, but everyone else should fight the urge to own this. Resist!

@Pants I am right there with you on the Pop figures. My daughter loves them, but I hate the design. Funco has a new line called Dorbz which I do actually like, but the Pop figures do absolutely nothing for me.

And thanks, guys, for chatting up the Comic Book Fever book. I rarely talk up projects I work on here on the forums, but I'm making an exception for my buddy George. I'll add to what was said in the episode that the book can be read and enjoyed on two levels. First, there's the reminiscent look back at a special time in comics history, when every year it seemed like something brand new and exciting was happening. Second, taken as a whole it’s the picture of an industry in the midst of great change. Anyway, I hope people at least check it out. Click here for a preview.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Congrats @Matt & Meagan & Evan!

• Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    mwhitt80 said:

Snow? Snow?
    It is 80 degrees and sunny here.

And it's 72 in NYC right now. Oh, what a difference a week makes.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    edited March 2016
    "And the award for Best Comic Book Named Saga goes to...SAGA!"

:lol:

And seriously, all of you should pre-order The Uniques. Not only because I'm one of their editors, but I'm also a client! Errr...reader.
  • Options
    I wasn't familiar with Comfort or Adam, or their work, before this podcast, but found them both to be fun to listen to. The Uniques and Rainbow in the Dark both have me intrigued and will definitely check them out.
  • Options
    Nearly 3 hours of entertainment and interest! Adam W., I'll listen to your "rants" any day of the week! If you had treated us to just one more insightful rant, you would've broken the three-hour mark! Ah...maybe next time...
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

@Pants I am right there with you on the Pop figures. My daughter loves them, but I hate the design. Funco has a new line called Dorbz which I do actually like, but the Pop figures do absolutely nothing for me.

Mighty Muggs > Pop Figures
  • Options
    I love POP! figures...unfortunately I can't afford, nor do I have the room, for a ton of them.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Mighty Muggs > Pop Figures
    Dorbz>Mighty Muggs>Pop!
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    Add my congrats to @Matt, that's awesome!

And no offense to Adam W. and Comfort, but... I prefer the Previews eps to be guest-less. We don't get much Shane and Pants anymore, and I miss spending more time with them, let alone getting my regular dosage of Murd and Chris. Just my two cents!
  • Options
    Dan_in_WIDan_in_WI Posts: 38

And no offense to Adam W. and Comfort, but... I prefer the Previews eps to be guest-less. We don't get much Shane and Pants anymore, and I miss spending more time with them, let alone getting my regular dosage of Murd and Chris. Just my two cents!

Of course the flip side of this coin is that guest are so very rare these days unlike when Pants or Brian Deemer served as producer so I'll take guests however we can get them these days.
  • Options
    Dan_in_WI said:

Of course the flip side of this coin is that guest are so very rare these days unlike when Pants or Brian Deemer served as producer so I'll take guests however we can get them these days.
    Guests on preview episodes used to be not uncommon at all. I personally enjoy having them and I think Adam and Comfort did a great job.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Yeah, to me the guest appearance of Adam and Comfort on a Previews episode was okay, but I think 3 hours is just a bit too long...So, I think suggestions for trying certain books is okay, but no need to get into EXTENDED commentary...gotta hold back sometimes. Anyway, overall I think their guest appearance was great. Maybe if they actually had a copy of Previews they might not feel the need to commentate so much (or it would be worse..LOL!).
  • Options
    Matt said:

Hey, I finally found the secret passage behind the bookcase leading to the forums!

Thanks for the congrats guys. Evan is doing well & starts his Batman training next week. Fi will be happy to have another in the training program.

M

Welcome back. Just assure me that you're not hiring someone to kill you and Meagan to make Evan's Batman training more authentic.
  • Options
    I think it'll be awkward when Matt's Middle Eastern lover shows up with their assassin baby.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Congratulations, @Matt and Meagan!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

Hey, I finally found the secret passage behind the bookcase leading to the forums!

Thanks for the congrats guys. Evan is doing well & starts his Batman training next week. Fi will be happy to have another in the training program.

M

Welcome back. Just assure me that you're not hiring someone to kill you and Meagan to make Evan's Batman training more authentic.
    Megan & I are faking our deaths to inspire both kids.

M
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I think it'll be awkward when Matt's Middle Eastern lover shows up with their assassin baby.

The only continuity I'm familiar with has that ME lover claiming the baby died...then she left him at a door step with a special necklace!

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Matt said:

M

M
    That's a relief. But isn't hiring an English butler with military training to raise your kids by proxy going to be expensive?
  • Options

Matt said:

Matt said:

M

M
    That's a relief. But isn't hiring an English butler with military training to raise your kids by proxy going to be expensive?
    Again, the only continuity I'm familiar with has the English butler teaching my kids how to be thespians. He doesn't do any "military training".

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Again, the only continuity I'm familiar with has the English butler teaching my kids how to be thespians. He doesn't do any "military training".

M

So the English butler wouldn't necessarily need to be an actual English butler, but could be a drama teacher pretending to be an English butler. That could keep your costs down. There are plenty of out-of-work actors you could hire relatively cheaply.