Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1596 Talkback - Comic Talk

Adam_MurdoughAdam_Murdough Posts: 506
edited March 2016 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Settle in and enjoy the peaceful Geeky feeling of a Comic Talk episode--you know it won't let you down! Pants gets the ball rolling with tales of his recent travels, from the better comic shops of L.A. to the high halls of Gallifrey One and the London Super Comic Convention! Then we've got tangents on original artwork and CGC grading, and reactions to Agent Carter and the final Captain America: Civil War trailer ('Underoos!!'). And we finally get around to reviewing the Deadpool movie! (1:46:17)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Rod28 said:

@Pants #CallEnded

Almost forgot about that.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    So did anybody else realize where the final fight scene in Deadpool took place?

• Options

So did anybody else realize where the final fight scene in Deadpool took place?

Yep, I noticed. Sly little poke at the Marvel Entertainment mothership.
  • Options
    @Adam_Murdough Gally's dealers room is my kryptonite. I'm a huge fan of the audios by Big Finish.
  • Options
    Also, If I could have recorded Pants watching Deadpool, I so would have. Watching Pants, watch Deadpool was so entertaining. The guy beside keep looking over every time he howled. Yes, sir. Literally howling. Priceless! @Pants, don't ever change.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited March 2016
    A big thanks for @Julienae for helping convince @Pants that we love having him on the show. On episodes where he says "I'll just sit back and let you guys talk" ..he still adds something to the show. Even if it's a simple question or a guffaw..it's great to have him there.

Speaking of Julienae, it was neat to hear she has written for The 100. My wife just discovered it on Netflix and is hooked. It's been on in our house a lot over the last couple days.

Glad to hear Pants was able to have a good time traveling the world and being the CGS ambassador at different conventions.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Glad to hear a mention of Prof. Irwin Corey. Did you know he's still alive?!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irwin_Corey
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mr_Cosmic said:

A big thanks for @Julienae for helping convince @Pants that we love having him on the show. On episodes where he says "I'll just sit back and let you guys talk" ..he still adds something to the show. Even if it's a simple question or a guffaw..it's great to have him there.

Ditto. Love to hear Comic Talk, and @Pants being back on the air. I also concur with @Julienae - we love when you're on the show in any capacity. I think sometimes your lack of input allows listeners who are uninformed about a particular book (or some aspect of geek culture being discussed) to identify with you when you ask questions. Even your reactions add something to the show.I particularly like the occasional price check during Previews episodes. Please don't underestimate your value to the show's entertainment level. That goes for all of the core Geek Speak alum. Particularly Adam, Shane, Chris, and now Dani. Even the occasional guest appearances, and those rare Matt or Deemer appearances are simply bonuses for me. It's really a great ensemble.

Thanks for another fun episode. I was wondering when we would get CGS's reaction to Deadpool.

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited March 2016
    "Slauson cut-off! Gosh, I'd never heard that Johnny Carson clip but my grandmother used to live near Slauson Avenue in L.A. / Yay, Julie Benz! I had seen that photo of her and Pants on Facebook and I'm glad she recruited Pants BACK to the show! Awesome. And I'm looking forward to hearing her on the show. / Glad to hear the London show is growing. I hope to attend one day since it's during one of my possible vacation windows. / The comic art/comic value talk was interesting and enlightening. I'm also getting to the point where I have to either get rid of stuff or sell it. / Civil War Trailer...yeah, I'm jazzed for the movie but I guess I have to wait longer than most folks...(still I'm curious about Superman v. Batman so, no I won't forget it) / Deadpool: I haven't seen it but I listened cuz I'll forget what you said by the time I see it in June. I kind of agree with Danielle that maybe DP and the X-Men shouldn't join the Marvel Studios' MCU. / Alright, I think I've shot my bolt. Heheh...
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Great to hear @Pants! Great to hear about the addition to @Matt family! If CGS only did Comic Talk that would be enough for me but you guys are doing a great job 11(!) years in.
  • Options
    I echo others' feelings towards Brian (Pants). One of the great values of this show has always been the banter between friends! I miss all those Geeks who for whatever reasons have been absent. Brian brings a unique voice that is missed when he is on sabbatical!
  • Options
    Glad to hear @Pants is coming back to the show he really adds a positivity and fun factor that I feel like is sometimes missing.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

A big thanks for @Julienae for helping convince @Pants that we love having him on the show.

I could not have said it better myself! My inferior and mediocre attempt is as follows (presented as a limerick in honor of my ancestry as well as the date on my calendar):

Nobody would confuse CGS with Rembrandts
    Even considering Eberle’s insightful rants
    I’m a listener for life
    I don’t want to foment strife
    Yet we all know it’s not the same without PANTS!

Brian, you and your contributions are more valuable than your ego allows you to accept. Please, trust your listeners. Trust, dare I say it, your FANS. If you have the time, your participation is valued and appreciated! More people value you than you can possibly imagine!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    @Pants it's about dang time.

Huge thanks to @Julienae.