Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Justice League Movie | News and Speculation

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    So anyone have any thoughts on the recently released image of the Batman 'tactical' costume from the upcoming Justice League?

It's been compared to the Owl from Zac Snyder's 'Watchmen' movie.

And others think it looks like a Nazi Batman from an Elseworld's tale

I'm not big on the armored suit pads look, but YMMV

At least the Batman movie (when is THAT coming out?) has made an interesting casting choice for an interesting villain instead of one of the dark knight's the well-known rogues gallery.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I actually really dig the new costume... except the goggles. That and once again they can't help but mute out the emblem almost entirely sigh.
  • Options
    It seems to me, based so far on what the DC movies have shown us so far, that Warner bros doesn't really know how to handle their IP's in the same fashion Marvel studios does. I'm a deep down DC fan boy, and I desperately want to love these movies, but Zach Snyders approach to these films reminds me of early image comics. Cool images and big splashes but sorely lacking on the story side. This trailer for the Justice League just feels so phoney and out of character. Batman putting together the team? Since when...
  • Options

And... the second director has walked off the upcoming The Flash movie. 'Dope' director Rick Famuyiwa has exited Warner Bros.’ upcoming The Flash movie, citing “creative differences” with the studio. Famuyiwa boarded the project in June of this year following the departure of Seth Grahame-Smith from the project in April.

I still hope they shelve this project until the TV show gets canned.
    When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day. I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor. I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force.
    Production was set to begin in Spring 2017 for a 2018 release.
  • Options
    Of these three costumes, so far I only like Wonder Woman's. The other two seem a bit... clunky?

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

Of these three costumes, so far I only like Wonder Woman's. The other two seem a bit... clunky?

It's that age old problem of "I'm being paid to redesign this existing design so I better make it look like that they're getting their monies worth by adding an excess of details to it".
  • Options
    Prince Namor looks awesome...

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

Prince Namor looks awesome...

Has Cyborg been assimilated by the Borg?
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited March 2017
    I see Snyder double-down on the firearms for Batman in this one. I'm also wondering why Wayne & not Batman is recruiting. He's basically revealing his identity as Wayne.

M
  • Options
    Watched the trailer a couple more times. My "I'm waiting for Netflix" needle hasn't really changed. They've gone with a more lighter tone with the dialogue (how many DC hardo fanboys are going to rationalize that), but also looked to up that ante on CGI. Aside from Diana (& Kent), I just can't get into the DCEU. I'm not certain if the look is conforming with the look of the current stuff in the books. With the 3 movies released & this one, it looks like a very modern tone to it.

The more I read the details for the movie, the more I can foresee the criticism; "better then BvS, but nothing new we haven't seen in Avengers." It's a shame because though I'm down on the movie, the 2 shared universes shouldn't be played against each other by critics.

M
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    The main problem I have with the trailer is how busy the costume design is. Apart from Wonder Woman, It's such a mess of unnecessary detail. I wish they had streamlined things a bit,
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I came away from the trailer thinking, I can't wait for Aquaman.
  • Options
    Someone on Twitter referred to him as "WaterThor".
  • Options
    neilzaneilza Posts: 12
    Aquaman looks awesome!!

Just need to hope they don't spend too much time introducing the 'new' characters.

Ultimately, it will come down to the bad guys, and how believable a threat they are
  • Options
    neilza said:

Ultimately, it will come down to the bad guys, and how believable a threat they are

The bad-guy is Darkseid's uncle, Steppenwolf, aka an elite Apokolips general. They'll be using a modified character design from what was seen in the cut scenes from BvS. Oh, and there will definitely be parademons.

screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-villains-parademons-darkseid/

My take on the trailer? I think it looks like an expensive Michael Jackson music video. It's obviously Zack Snyder's signature palette/motif, and the costumes generally bug me. Other than Batman and Wonder Woman being above par, Aqua-Thor looks like he’s wearing leftover clothing from Middle-Earth and Cyborg looks like he got the leftovers from the Robocop reboot. The Flash just reminds me of a mix of the Power Rangers costume designs and a Voltron pilot with ridiculous armor for a speedster.

Maybe(?) the story will be good, but given Snyder's record so far, I can't see this rising much more than the quality level of a good episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow bestowed with a massive SFX budget.
  • Options
    I'm hearing Joss Whedon is now signed to helm a Batgirl movie. I think he was once attached to a Wonder Woman movie too, so I will believe it when I actually see a trailer, but Variety reports Batgirl is getting her own solo film from Joss Wheadon who is reportedly is finalizing a deal with DC to write, direct, and produce it for the DCEU. I'm not a very big fan of Joss, but this could be a DC game-changer nonetheless.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

I'm hearing Joss Whedon is now signed to helm a Batgirl movie. I think he was once attached to a Wonder Woman movie too, so I will believe it when I actually see a trailer, but Variety reports Batgirl is getting her own solo film from Joss Wheadon who is reportedly is finalizing a deal with DC to write, direct, and produce it for the DCEU. I'm not a very big fan of Joss, but this could be a DC game-changer nonetheless.

This could mean that Zack Snyder may get the chance to mentor Whedon on storytelling and directing DC movies.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Just saw the early trailer and the above latest and while I do have some problems with the costuming (particularly Flash and Cyborg), I'm gonna play it by ear/eye when it comes to the actual movie. I tend to see each movie and character(s) as a stand alone and try not to compare other franchises. That said, I agree that perhaps Flash and Cyborg solo movies wouldn't be a good idea at this point. But WOW, does that Wonder Woman look awesome in everything I've seen of her!
  • Options
    If you watch Collider Heroes, the host Jon Schnepp has a theory that others have also shared that possibly Flash might be used in the movie to reset the entire DCEU
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    DAR said:

If you watch Collider Heroes, the host Jon Schnepp has a theory that others have also shared that possibly Flash might be used in the movie to reset the entire DCEU

Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    You know what would be great? If the Flash appearances were as cool as this video game trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjNuGvtyz8
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Zack Snyder is stepping down on the film. Sadly one of his daughters committed suicide in March. He thought working would help him get through it. But he's rightfully taking the time to be with his family

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455
  • Options
    Awful news in so many levels.
  • Options
    Wow, sorry to hear that. It's the right move on his part to take time off.

Interesting Whedon is being brought onboard to cover the remaining reshoots.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I can't even imagine. I had no idea. Feel for him and his family.
  • Options
    Hmm. Any concerns by those who weren't?

https://youtu.be/OR8Hrfs3S18
  • Options
    This does not concern me in the least, because. in spite of the unmitigated success of Wonder Woman, I still have little to no interest in seeing this movie in the theaters.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So the story is big budget blockbuster movie is going through reshoots. It's pretty standard practice these days. Marvel films go through reshoots. As does Star Wars. The difference is as a whole those were well received whereas with DC films save Wonder Woman they were not
  • Options
    DAR said:

So the story is big budget blockbuster movie is going through reshoots. It's pretty standard practice these days. Marvel films go through reshoots. As does Star Wars. The difference is as a whole those were well received save Wonder Woman

I believe the story is that it'll be 6-8 weeks of reshoots instead of the typical 2-3 weeks of reshoots. The notion of reshoots isn't that big a story. As you stated, other big blockbusters, well-received or not, has reshoots.

M