Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Movie News

2»

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Matt said:

Now I'm reading Flash Thompson is no longer a bullying jock. In Homecoming, he'll be a smug, rich kid who bullies people. I'm not certain why he'd be in public schooling then, but that's a sidebar.

M

Maybe he was kicked out of the private schools, or his parents wanted to teach him humility? Just spit-balling here.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

Now I'm reading Flash Thompson is no longer a bullying jock. In Homecoming, he'll be a smug, rich kid who bullies people. I'm not certain why he'd be in public schooling then, but that's a sidebar.

M

Maybe he was kicked out of the private schools, or his parents wanted to teach him humility? Just spit-balling here.
    I recall that's why Harry went to Midtown High in Raimi's movie.
  • Options
    Any chance Toomes works/ed for Damage Control?!

https://youtu.be/_dqkxN2txFo
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    A peak at Twitter shows some people are seeing this tonight, early word seems to be very positive
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
  • Options
    9:00 am Est the review embargo drops
  • Options
  • Options
    John Blake
    Miranda Tate
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Starts in a couple minutes!!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Awesome!!! Best Spider-Man movie by far!
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Saw it last night with the family. I was not a fan of the Amazing Spider-man films so this was the first Spidey film I have enjoyed since Spidey 2 (!) This is a film my kids could enjoy more. I liked it was high school focused and I hope they stay there for at least one more film. Spider-man: Graduation Day? I guess their will be a spoiler thread.
  • Options

Saw it last night with the family. I was not a fan of the Amazing Spider-man films so this was the first Spidey film I have enjoyed since Spidey 2 (!) This is a film my kids could enjoy more. I liked it was high school focused and I hope they stay there for at least one more film. Spider-man: Graduation Day? I guess their will be a spoiler thread.

That's interest. I just read yesterday that Avengers 4 will end the 22 film story & Spider-man: Homecoming 2 will start the new phase. "Graduation Day" would be very fitting if the WebHead serves as more the focal point of the new phase (hopefully without his spin off movies in tow).
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2017
    Saw it today. Overall it was good. I liked the scope of it. The villian was trying not to take over the world, he just wanted (at first) to take care of his family.

My questions/concerns are:

While I think skipping the origin was the right choice, it did leave a motivation void for why Peter is doing this.

At the end of Capt America Civil War when Peter comes home he has a black eye and is wore out. In his video dairy, after the battle he has no black eye and is acting like he is fully rested and ready to go.

Why go to the effort of hiring an attractive middle age actress to play Aunt May, and then dress her so unstylish to make her appearance kind of bland. She should not be a fashion model but wide circle glasses and brown/tan clothing seems weird.

What does Aunt May do? This version of her is too young to be living off Uncle Ben's pension or life insurance. I do not know Queens rental prices but a 2 bed room apartment in Queens has to be somewhat costly.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Saw it today. Overall it was good. I liked the scope of it. The villian was trying to take over the world, he just wanted (at first) to take care of his family.

My questions/concerns are:

While I think skipping the origin was the right choice, it did leave a motivation void for why Peter is doing this.

At the end of Capt America Civil War when Peter comes home he has a black eye and it wore out. In his video dairy, after the battle he has no black eye and is acting like he is fully rested and ready to go.

Why go to the effort of hiring an attractive middle age actress to play Aunt May, and dress her so unstylish to make her appearance kind of bland. She should not be a fashion model but wide circle glasses and brown/tan clothing seems weird.

What does Aunt May do? This version of her is too young to be living off Uncle Ben's pension or life insurance. I do not know Queens rental prices but a 2 bed room apartment in Queens has to
    what costly.

I think it was a mistake never to mention Uncle Ben in this otherwise fine film. I also think they didn't know what to do with Aunt May.