Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

July 2017 Solicitations (May Previews) | What Looks Good?

Local comic shoppers, tighten up your pull-lists. Early birds, prepare to place your pre-orders here: DCBService.com. Online orders begin around May 5th.

+++++++++++++

Check out the following links:

+ 451 Media Group
+ Action Lab Entertainment
+ Aftershock Comics
+ American Gothic Press
+ American Mythology
+ Amigo Comics
+ Archie Comics
+ Aspen Press
+ Avatar Press
+ Blackbox Comics
+ Bongo Comics
+ BOOM! Studios
+ Chapterhouse Comics
+ Coffin Comics
+ Dark Horse Comics
+ DC Comics
+ Devils Due/1First Comics
+ Dynamite Entertainment
+ IDW Publishing
+ Image Comics
+ Marvel Comics
+ Oni Press
+ Rothic Comics
+ Space Goat Publishing
+ Titan Comics
+ Valiant Comics
+ Vault Comics

So what's going into your shopping cart? Or on your pull-list? You may want to wait until you can go through the official catalogue with @Adam_Murdough, @Pants, @ShaneKelly, and @wildpigcomics as they post their next Previews podcast episode (likely within the first week or so of May), before you decide to finalize your order.

If you know of any publishers that I've been left out who have solicits for July on the web, please add that in a reply comment to this thread. There is a Free PDF version of Previews posted online here around the first week of the month.

++++++++

I find most of these solicits from any of the following sites: FirstComicsNews.com, BleedingCool.com, ComicBookResources.com, ComicList.com, Comic Cavalcade (comcav.net), ConstantCollectible.com, ComicsContinuum.com, Newsarama.com

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited April 2017
    Mage! It's finally finishing up.
    Low HC - this is a fantastic series with just beautiful art. I'm reading it on the comixology and am heavily considering getting this collection.
    Curse Words volume 1 - who doesn't love Chris Crank and Ryan Browne.
    Wayward HC volume 2 - I love this book; I like it more than Lazarus, Saga, or Low. It's by far my favorite series at Image. Try the first arc on comixology, get singles.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited April 2017
    Marvel.
    Boy Marvel loves reprinting Vision floppies. I feel like they just like keeping the floppies in circulation. I also think that is the only thing worth mentioning in Marvel.

DC
    The Scooby gang teams up with Jonah Hex
    Young Animals
    No Flintstones :(

Darkhorse
    A new Groo series
    A reprint of Hardboiled
    Shaolin Cowboy #4 the cover has knife wielding dogs

Boom
    Mouse Guard Alphabet book - for those of us with small kids or need practice.
    Big Trouble in Little China/Escape from New York is traded
    Hero Squared Omnibus

IDW
    TMNT/Usagi Yojimbo - most of the stuff I mention doesn't end up in my bag. This will.
    Cory Maltese Fable of Venice

Oni
    Rick and Morty
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Most interested in the following (new) items. Not mentioning those items I'm picking up that are ongoing.

Aliens: Defiance vol. 2 tpb (Dark Horse)
    Grayson: The Superspy omnibus HC (DC)
    New Teen Titans vol. 7 (DC) - Covers the Judas Contract
    Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age omnibus HC (DC)
    Big Trouble in Little China & Escape from New York tpb (BOOM! Studios)
    Saucer Country tpb (IDW)
    Comic Book History of Comics: Birth of a Medium HC (IDW)
    The Howling: Revenge of the Werewolf Queen #1 (Space Goat Publishing)
    Van Helsing vs. the Werewolf (Zenoscope)

Absolutely nothing from Marvel stood out to me. I was mildly interested in the collected tob of GotG Mother Entropy trade, but I pre-ordered it from Amazon for cheaper the month the floppies were solicited.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Spider-Gwen #22
    Jessica Jones #10
    Black Panther #16
    Hawkeye #8
    Silver Surfer #13
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #22
    Black Hammer #11
    Black Beetle: Kara Böcek HC
    Dept. H #16
    Aliens: Dead Orbit #4
    B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know #1
    Aquaman #26
    Kamandi Challenge #7
    Bug!: The Adventures of Forager #3
    Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye #10
    Astro City #46
    Corto Maltese: Fable of Venice TP
    Jérôme K. Jérôme Bloche HC — 1st time in English. I've heard good things, and Dodier’s art is gorgeous.
    Mage: The Hero Denied #0 — While I found the second volume of Mage to be a little disappointing, I'm hoping this final volume will be a return to form.
    The Street Angel Gang HC
    Black Monday Murders #8
    Descender #22
    I Hate Fairyland #14
    Royal City #5
    Motor Girl #7
    Archie #22
    Grass Kings #5
    Lumberjanes #40
    Adventure Time Sugary Shorts vol. 3 TP
    Fog over Tobliac Bridge HC
    The Wendy Project TB — Saw a sample of this at WonderCon and it looks pretty interesting.
    Steven Universe: Art & Origins HC — This will make a nice birthday present for my daughter, which will give me the opportunity to read it.

I think that’s everything I'm getting for the month. There are a few things that look good, which I won't be getting though:

Art of Over the Garden Wall looks nice, but too pricey for what you get. I'll have to pass.

The Art of the Pulps: An Illustrated HIstory — I already have a coffee table-sized book on the subject that's pretty good. This looks like it might be better, but I'll probably pass until I read some reviews.

The Book of Ballads Original Art Edition is out of my price range unfortunately. I still have the comics though.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The Order as it stands right now:

Women Dynamite Vampirella Arthur Adams Bust Black - I got a nice promotion at my day job and I deserve a reward. Also this just looks really cool in BW.

Robotech #1 - Technically not a manga but it's Robotech. I'm in for the long haul.
    Pandora In The Crimson Shell Ghost Urn GN Vol 08
    Nisekoi False Love GN Vol 22
    Nichijou GN Vol 09
    Monster Musume GN Vol 12 (MR)
    Don't Meddle With My Daughter GN Vol 01 (MR) - Superheroines. Gone wrong as only a manga can do it. I'm in.

Sabrina Chilling Adventures TP Vol 01- I keep meaning to get this.
    Jungle Girls HC - Despite my love of the genre, may get dropped.
    Josie & The Pussycats #8

Supergirl #11
    Batman TP Vol 03 I Am Bane - May get dropped.
    Batman 66 Meets The Legion of Super Heroes #1
    Batgirl Stephanie Brown TP Vol 01 - May get dropped.