Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Justice League: Spoiler Discussion - Spoil and Discuss Away!

2»

Comments

• Options
    @Matt That timeline is fascinating. It sure didn't seem that similar watching these films roll out in real life. A wrinkle in the author's premise is that while each Marvel stand-alone film had a new big hero to contribute to the "Avengers" movie, "Suicide Squad" offered nothing to build up "Justice League," as we'd already seen Batfleck in "BvS."
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

@Matt That timeline is fascinating. It sure didn't seem that similar watching these films roll out in real life. A wrinkle in the author's premise is that while each Marvel stand-alone film had a new big hero to contribute to the "Avengers" movie, "Suicide Squad" offered nothing to build up "Justice League," as we'd already seen Batfleck in "BvS."

I agree. The writer seemed to focus on the movie number tally rather then what each brought to the story leading to the team crossover.
  • Options
    I stumbled upon this article claiming JL Batman is essentially The Dark Knight Batman. Interesting read.

https://www.inverse.com/amp/article/38779-justice-league-batman-ben-affleck-dark-knight-batfleck
  • Options
    The amazing part is, I’ve read some Die-Hard Snyder fans do the same type of spin for Zack’s movies

https://youtu.be/F34diroLoPs
  • Options
    This looks like an interesting comparison:

https://youtu.be/fu2n0ezAbZs
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Looks like Batfleck is out after the Flash movie... whenever that film is supposed to be made. Aren't they on director #4 now?

http://boundingintocomics.com/2017/12/08/report-affleck-out-as-batman-after-flash-movie/
  • Options
    Happy to be part of this forum now hello to all. Does anybody find it strange that the vision Bruce Wayne had in BvS, where in he saw the Flash come back in time, has not been addressed at all and has been virtually forgotten about?
  • Options
    PanTHEman said:

Happy to be part of this forum now hello to all. Does anybody find it strange that the vision Bruce Wayne had in BvS, where in he saw the Flash come back in time, has not been addressed at all and has been virtually forgotten about?

Reportedly, it was apart of Snyder’s cut of Justice League.
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited December 2017
    PanTHEman said:

I just assumed that the Flash in "BvS" was from an alternate future where Steppenwolf is about to win (or has won) his reconquest of Earth, and/or where the resurrection of Superman has gone poorly and yielded a destructive, unable-to-be-tamed Kryptonian - so, as a last ditch effort, Flash goes back in time to have Batman change things. Doesn't Flash even tell Batman in "BvS" to use Lois? (which Batman does do, to tame newly resurrected Superman in the "Justice League" timeline we see)

As for Batfleck being in the Flash movie and then leaving the role - I'm pretty excited about both those things lol. I love Affleck, but the truth is... he is just too old and physically/mentally drained to be the central engine for a new franchise of Batman films. They need a younger actor. But I am thrilled that they are still planning an Ezra Miller Flash movie (!) and I am thrilled I'll get to see Batfleck one mo' time :)
  • Options
    I’ve seen some clips of the final fight. Is it too much to ask for the DCEU Batman not use firearms?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I'm glad I didn't spend money on it, though.

Man, I couldn't stand the Flash.
    Matt said:

I’ve seen some clips of the final fight. Is it too much to ask for the DCEU Batman not use firearms?

I'm getting flashbacks of Cosmic Oddyssey... I swear Batman used a gun or sort of killed a parademon.

Not my favorite scene.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I'm still in complete awe over how and why the dc movie-verse is what it is. Just flat out mind boggling. I think I've said it before... but even though none of these movies are the worst things ever made, it's inexcusable they're as "bad" or flawed as they are (Wonder Woman being the obvious exception). WW also imperfect. But struck the right balance all around and hit the greatest number of nec correct notes as well as a few surprises.
  • Options
    I’ve been able to watch about 75-80% of this movie. Maybe it plays better in one continuous view verses multiple clips online. I’m kind of glad I skipped the theater to see it. I still find myself wanting to see more Diana & Kent, & less Batman. They just can’t seem to do a version of Batman I can get into.

Curray isn’t as bad as I thought, but I’m still skipping his solo outing (probably until it’s on FX). I’m in different about Stone, but there were times I thought he felt more like an Iron Man/Vision hybrid. Allen was completely annoying & seemed on in name instead of based on the comic book character.

I think part of what hurt this movie for my tastes was it felt like we’ve already seen this. Granted, Avengers’ plot wasn’t overly original, but JL just felt like a lower quality version of that movie.

I am curious how the DCEU moves forward from this.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I think going forward a lot of solo films and not exactly connected to each other
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    batlaw said:

I'm still in complete awe over how and why the dc movie-verse is what it is. Just flat out mind boggling. I think I've said it before... but even though none of these movies are the worst things ever made, it's inexcusable they're as "bad" or flawed as they are (Wonder Woman being the obvious exception). WW also imperfect. But struck the right balance all around and hit the greatest number of nec correct notes as well as a few surprises.

Why are you in awe though? What do all of these mediocre DC films have in common? Oh, it's Zack Snyder.

All you have to do is look at Zack Snyder's Rotten Tomatoes page: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/zack_snyder. The last time he had a movie with a >50% rating was in 2009... And that was only a 64%!

At this point I'm in awe that people seem to be in awe when a Zack Snyder film gets released and it's not very good. Your expectation should be that it's not very good.

As for why Warner Bros keeps hiring a mediocre director; up until this point despite being critical bombs they have all been good enough in terms of box office. After what happened with Green Lantern the standards were lowered.

But after Justice League not doing so well we finally might get a new person in charge. Since Patty Jenkins is the only person that's directed a DC film that was actually good in the last several years, I think she should get it. But I'm not complaining, as long as its not Zack Snyder any more.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Well there was a story last week that Snyder had been fired from JL well before he left the project due to the death of his daughter.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Bought the DVD/Blu ray and watched it last night.

The only real issue I have with the movie is that it feels like the CG wasn't quite finished. Steppenwolf is all rubberfaced and Cavill's CG smile was kind of creepy.