Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

COMIC BOOK MOSAICS - They're back!

This is a game I used to routinely post in one of the forum's previous incarnations.
Feeling nostalgic, I decided to revisit it.

Here's how it works. I'll post images of heavily pixelated comic book covers. Your job is to identify the covers. Each cover has a starting value of 10 points (i.e. round one). I'll periodically update the covers with increasingly clearer renditions (i.e. round two, three, four...). As rounds progress, the image becomes more discernible, but as a picture's clarity increases, the value for identifying that individual cover decreases. If you identify a cover in round two, award yourself 8 points, round three 6 points etc.. (see example).

There's also an overlying theme/commonality to the covers that's worth an additional 5 points if you figure out what it is. Don't post your answers. If think you've identified a cover(s) and/or what the covers have in common, PM your answers to me. This way players may still participate for the duration of the game without having the solution spoiled.I may not get back to your right away, but I will check my messages prior to posting the next round's clearer images. If you answer correctly, I'll acknowledge your score along with the update. You get one guess per cover per round.

UPDATE:
GAME OVER - HOUSE WINS. You've been flummoxed.

REVEAL (You may still attempt to solve the puzzles, but zero points will be awarded. Should you wish to see the answers, I've now hotlinked each puzzle to its respective solution. I've also added a link to the theme's reveal.)

Cover A - 0pts CLICK/TAP IMAGE TO REVEAL

Cover B - 0pts CLICK/TAP IMAGE TO REVEAL

Comments