Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

RIP Steve Ditko

13»

Comments

• Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Hmmm. Should we make anything of the couple in the background? A for Archie? Betty the blond? A for Mr. A? Or is it just a cigar? :lol:
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t care for the Archie Universe. Though I did like that the Hulk contingency plan in Avengers: AoU was “Veronica”.
  • Options
    VertighostVertighost Posts: 335
    @Matt, I don't think I've written anything to suggest I think that society would embrace a superman. The film got that part right. And yes, an isolationist superman would also make far more sense given what we saw in the film. He needn't become a villain (although certainly if he'd become one it would make more sense than him spending his life helping humans). We agree to disagree.

@Brack, if that panel was directed toward me: I appreciate the glib name calling, but the only kind of adolescent I need to be to think the film is badly written is a discerning one. 😀I kid of course.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

@Brack, if that panel was directed toward me: I appreciate the glib name calling, but the only kind of adolescent I need to be to think the film is badly written is a discerning one. 😀I kid of course.

It was aimed at Goyer and Snyder. With a little bit left over for Geoff Johns too.

• Options
    Ah my mistake. Was Johns involved with the film as well?
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited August 2018

Ah my mistake. Was Johns involved with the film as well?

He had an exec producer credit on BvS. But whenever I post that panel I am always thinking of Geoff Johns, as I'm not sure he's ever learnt the lesson of Flex Mentallo.
  • Options
    I read Flex Mentallo when it first came out but unfortunately the only thing I remember was Quitely's art and that I had no idea what Morrison was going for. I should try reading it again.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Attention @Matt !

There are finally new episodes of Muppet Babies starting this Sunday. They have also been replaying the first 14 a lot (I realized recently that I recorded the first 8, and then our DVR missed the next set, so we got those, and now new ones ahead.)

Also Super Monsters S2 drops today on Netflix. That is big news around here.