Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    One thing I will notice about my own reading, in the last few months, as well as looking ahead to November, is that my DC reading is way up from where it had been.

It had got to the point where I was down to reading just Batman every month, but then things like Mister Miracle and The Wildstorm showed up, and were excellent.

Add in a whole line Jinxworld books like Scarlet, Pearl, Cover, and United States of Murder

And now add in new titles I am checking out at Vertigo, like Border Town, and American Carnage in November.

Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp starting on Green Lantern in November.

Minis like Heroes In Crisis and Batman: Damned.

And that is many times more books from them than I was getting a year ago. A nice change.

Now, especially as there is a whole slate of Sandman spinoff books going again, if they can just give me a proper Vertigo Hellblazer book back, then all is forgiven ;)
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I'm so happy that the links are being copied to a single post again. Thanks for doing this!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    DC

Batman Europa tpb - I'm not a Batman guy, but this was a cool story about Bats and the Joker "touring" Europe in order to stop a poison that is killing them both. Paris is very joker friendly.

Doom Patrol #12 - Young Animals finally ends.

Scalped book 4 - This isn't a plug for book four, but rather the entire series. An FBI Agent goes undercover on the indian reservation he grew up on. This series (by Jason Aaron) is a fantastic crime saga. So if you are interested in crime books you should give these a shot.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Things piquing my curiosity:

Green Lantern #1 — Morrison!
    Vision #1 — A miniseries picking up after the Tom King series.
    Bitter Root #1 — The creative team of Power Man & Iron Fist, David Walker and Sanford Greene, are doing it up creator-owned style!
    Middlewest #1 — Scottie Young writing a new creator-owned series. Art by Jorge Corona. Might check it out.
    Battlepug: The Compugdium — Collects the whole deal from our boy Mike Norton. Good price too!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Battlepug: The Compugdium - if I didn't own all the hardcovers. Man... Mike's getting ready to launch new Battlepug too.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    First post has been edited to add more publishers.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Re; Morrison's Green Lantern, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I'm in on Green Lantern. Interested in the Aquaman/JLA thing as well. Disappointed to see that Lazarus appears to be missing the mark for the new quarterly release schedule.