Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Episode 1716 Talkback - Comic Talk: Up, Up, and Away! Edition

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a formatless Comic Talk episode! We launch this Metropolis marvel with an account of our CGS group outing to a 40th anniversary screening of Superman: The Movie, followed by tons of TV and trailer talk and the name-dropping of some actual comic books. You will believe three Geeks can improvise! (1:32:02)

Listen here.

Comments

• PantsPants Posts: 556
    Regarding the 50th anniversary next year of Sesame Street, I’d like to point out that I was born on the day it premiered.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,983
    Pants said:

Regarding the 50th anniversary next year of Sesame Street, I’d like to point out that I was born on the day it premiered.

Shouldn't you be watching Matlock, old man?
  • BryanBryan Posts: 62
    Haven’t finished the episode yet, but thanks for the tip about AMC airing all the Rankin & Bass Christmas specials. All are now scheduled on my DVR on their way to my Plex server (though I had a few already).
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 3,767
    Pants said:

Geez. That would make you like a 100 or something
  • TravisTravis Posts: 28
    edited December 7
    Shane mentioned the Kevin Smith connection. Newsaskew.com is where the show was mentioned. That's how I first found CGS. I seem to remember the first episode I listened to was Jamie D's first appearance on the show. It was perfect timing for me. I was just starting to listen to podcast and read comics.
  • DARDAR Posts: 974
    Listening to the episode I'm surprised @wildpigcomics didn't hear the news the Marvel is making a Shang-Chi film
  • VertighostVertighost Posts: 177
    @DAR, I had no idea! I would love that! Is there any way we can get Paul Gulacy to draw a live action film? ;)
  • A fine episode, sorry to hear about less sponsors, perhaps its my karmic fault for always being annoyed and skipping the sponsor segments. I also cant believe how long ago the Superman 1 v 2 debate was, feels like a yesterday.
  • DAR said:

Listening to the episode I'm surprised @wildpigcomics didn't hear the news the Marvel is making a Shang-Chi film

DAR! Many thanks for the heads-up. Suffice it to say, I am eagerly anticipating this film!

• The MST3K episode in question was Space Mutiny. That's one of my favorites from the later seasons!

https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/MST3K_820_-_Space_Mutiny