Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A brief intro

I'm Bernie,

I've been a listener and a fan since the earliest days. I've been hemhawing over joining this community for some time. But in light of my successes on Instagram, I thought I'd join since I often find inspiration from various shows and topics.

I'm a legit blacksmith and welder. I work for an extremely high end ornamental iron fabrication firm in Tulsa Oklahoma. (We win a lot of awards for our work.) And as a byproduct, I often will use my metal working skills to create comic book themed metal architectural pieces. Particularly doors. I have a functional piece hanging in my LCS that I produced for some rather expensive back issues as payment. So I work on barter!

I've also created pattern welded/damascus Batarangs. For the discerning gentleman bat-fan.

I've been a collector since 1988 or 89. But I took a rather long hiatus for about 15 years. I'm back now.. in my final form!

Rediscovering the classics and addicted to nostalgia. I'd also like to thank the fellows for helping discover comic book history as a topic of study. I had no idea the industry had such a rich, colorful and often slimy heritage. I have dedicated my IG account to written articles about different eras and anecdotes. I'd also thank CGS for turning me into a Kirby fanatic. It was the 2 part Kirby special that lead to many new and amazing discoveries.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know the forums and exploring a bit more beyond introductions.

Thanks for having me!

Bernie

Comments