Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Blade 1998: A random question

You may still remember that what can be called the first great Marvel movie came out in 1998, called Blade. It's about a half-vampire, half-human man protecting the innocent from the vampires by hunting the down.

It appears that his Daywalker blood is a sought after resource for the vampires, or at least one of them, the main villain, Frost, who wished to resurrect La Magra ,the Blood God. His rare blood is the key ingredient.

There's a scene where weakened Blade was placed inside what appears to be a sarcophagus to drain his precious blood. We see that he fits inside that thing like glove. My question is, do you think that it was Frost and his cronies who made it? Or the ancient vampires actually did a good job predicting him that they predicted his body measurements.

Comments

• BrackBrack Posts: 868
    The uniformity and sharpness of the edges suggests it's a modern build. The utilitarian nature suggests there might be more, so maybe they have them in different sizes and just used the one that Blade fitted best in.

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

It's a new construction that is more efficient and secure, but it was based on an ancient design.

Vampire prophecy and all that.

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Blade is actually a totally off the rack sarcophagus size.

They mentioned that way back in OHOTMU amidst his other powers.

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

David is just having a fun

• carcharioncarcharion Posts: 36

Okay

But what does he mean by "off the rack sarcophagus size"?

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

That just means he doesn't need custom fitting. He can walk into any store and pull a "sarcophagus" size suit off the rack and it will fit. You'll have to trust us that it was funny.

Alright, then.

I'm not a native speaker, so I think I can't really tap into some of your jokes although I understand what they mean. And I haven't read the Official Handbook.

Dude we love you around. You may not get a lot of conversation around some of your posts but they always peak my interest enough to dig deeper and try to find new art/comics I've never seen.

Just know David wasn't poking fun at you or making a joke at your expense. It was a good one though.

Thanks, mwhitt80, much appreciated.

Back to the scene, this scene left a mark in me as a child. It's the first time my hero-rooting kid's mind seeing a hero in a near death situation. Blade is getting murdered here, and he knows it, with that cold coffin as his final resting place and his current modest state as the best thing his remain would wear. And now looking back at it, it goes much deeper. Blade just lost his only father figure and pretty much his only close friend, Whistler, and now the one who's been in his silent battle cry all his life, his beloved biological mother , Karen, is supervising his imminent death, not before stripping him off his shirt and strapping him like an animal. As razor blades stuck in his wrists, and his very life force slipping out of his body, all she can do is watching from afar. Imagine finally reunited with your mother after years in such state and situation. He was saved, yet barely alive, with his life ruined.

If Blade was not an emotionally distant hunting machine, I think he would've gone totally insane and killed everyone before ending it all with his weapon on his heart