Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Comic Day!!

Well this week I am still behind! Another small week, Batman curse of the White Knight, Detective 1008(Return of the Joker), Guardians #7 up to date on this title!, Silver Surfer Black #2, Ascender #4! Well that’s it! Happy New Comic Day!!

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608

I'm reviving an older thread because holy moly my dcbs came in.

Geez John Byrne 4th world omnibus and Peter David x-factor omnibus came. Plus two trades and a big comics order I must have gone nuts few months ago. Going to make sure that doesn't happen again

I got some fun mail this today.

Eric thanks and I laughed pretty loud in the office when I started to flip through the books.

Also thank you for throwing in the retrofan with the sexy ladies of Threes Company. Very nice.

• Sorry I didn't have more time to do more than a couple of 2-minute ballpoint pen sketches, but if I got a good laugh out of you, then mission accomplished. Hope you enjoy them!

edited September 2023

I was watching cartoonist kayfabe wizard magazine reviews (which are really good) and Jim/Ed were talking about the late Jorge Zaffino. I remember him, however the name did not stick out to me. However I did like the art they were showing.

So I did what any comic fan would and I picked up Punisher Assassins Guild and Punisher Kingdom Gone (Marvel Graphic Novels series) both are drawn by Zaffino. I also got Wolverine Bloodlust and Wolverine Choices (neither drawn by Zaffino but are MGNs) and a few cheap issues of Groo (because if you are going to make an order of questionable books you might as well fill in some holes)

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

Zaffino is one of those artists’ artists. I know tons of comic book guys who love his stuff. Denys Cowan was heavily influenced by him, for instance. I liked his work quite a bit, too, but I never got a lot of it because the stuff he did for Marvel was mostly stories I wasn't interested in reading. He had a pretty heavy style, so he was doing a lot of Punisher and Hellraiser, and things along those lines. I'd recommend Winter World if you want more. He did some ’Nam stories too.