Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Dan DiDio No Longer Publisher at DC Comics.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dcs-dan-didio-as-publisher-1280488

So long Dan DiDio. You gave us many reboots of continuity and almost as many middling Metal Men stories.

Comments

• Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    How this is being reported makes it seem a little strange to me. No announcement from DC yet. Nothing from DiDio about starting "a new chapter" or anything. Makes me wonder if it was a sudden and unplanned thing, like something happened that caused him to either quit or he was fired because he did something... Hope I'm just reading too much into it.

I will say that as mediocre as I think DiDio's tenure at the top was, it was nice to having someone who was so passionate about the product. And I worry that Warner is going to bring in a cost-cutter.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    mphil said:

How this is being reported makes it seem a little strange to me. No announcement from DC yet. Nothing from DiDio about starting "a new chapter" or anything. Makes me wonder if it was a sudden and unplanned thing, like something happened that caused him to either quit or he was fired because he did something... Hope I'm just reading too much into it.

I will say that as mediocre as I think DiDio's tenure at the top was, it was nice to having someone who was so passionate about the product. And I worry that Warner is going to bring in a cost-cutter.

Especially given they are about to launch into ANOTHER rewrite of DC history with Generation One, which is a very DiDio project.
  • Options

I wish DC would spend more money to recruit and keep more talented artists. Their strong point has always been their deep stable of writers but their writing talent since Rebirth has been decaying. Johns’ production has been sparse, Snyder’s quality of stories is declining, Bendis is slipping into mediocrity, and Tom King’s writing has been overrated lately. I don’t know if it’s directly Didio’s fault but he was in charge of things.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited February 2020
    mphil said:

The timing of this, a late Friday afternoon, is traditionally when you dump news that you don't want as much reporting on. And, of course, given that this was not coincided with the announcement of a new publisher, all points to this either being sudden, or messy, or both.

It looks like the current rumors are "fired for cause", but those are the early rumors. I would guess more reporting or tea-spilling, as the kids say*, will come.

*They don't
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

I guess Jim Lee is the sole publisher now.

I'm interested in seeing how this shakes out and i assume 5G is still going to happen. He probably should be fired for naming an event 5G. Where were they going to sale it? The AT&T store?

• Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    mwhitt80 said:

I guess Jim Lee is the sole publisher now.

I'm interested in seeing how this shakes out and i assume 5G is still going to happen. He probably should be fired for naming an event 5G. Where were they going to sale it? The AT&T store?

That's exactly what I thought when I first heard about this 5G event. LOL
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I know a lot of people have been celebrating this, & I'm sorry to be the splash of cold water, but you do realize that the most likely candidate to replace DiDio is Bob Harras right?