Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Covid reading list

Greetings all,
Hope everyone is safe. With some extra time I plan on getting to/ finishing/binge reading some stuff. I've never read Tom King's Vision mini and I want to read the entire Snyder Batman run in a few sittings. Anyone have a "I need to get this read now" assignment? Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Since seeing the Sonic the Hedgehog movie I've started reading the IDW run. My next trade is Crisis City.

I'm long overdue for getting into Usagi Yojimbo. I have the Grasscutter trade, which I've heard is one of the better ones, and look forward into diving into it.

I love golden age Superman, so probably Superman The Golden Age Volume 4 will be in my pile soon.

There was a Humble Bundle for Star Trek comics a while back (maybe a year ago) which I got. I'm up to Volume 11 and have loved it so far. Will likely continue with that.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

I've got a stack of Knights of the dinner table and decided that 150 would be a restarting place. Little did I realize it is advertising gen con 2010... Time flies.

I also am still trying to get an epic re-read of the 80s classic The Question. Man that is good.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Needed some lighter, fun reading, so I'm catching up on Squirrel Girl (especially now that it’s ended). Hits the spot perfectly.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    mwhitt80 said:

I've got a stack of Knights of the dinner table and decided that 150 would be a restarting place. Little did I realize it is advertising gen con 2010... Time flies.

I also am still trying to get an epic re-read of the 80s classic The Question. Man that is good.

Soooooo good.

You may have already read this, but the Mike Grell Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters into his Green Arrow series, from that same era and tone, was also great.
  • Options
    Taking a short break from Squirrel Girl to read Middlewest, of which I’ve only read the first issue (the day it came out). Gotta mix things up and keep ’em fresh.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited April 2020
    Still working my way through the Time Life WWII books. Spoiler Alert: The Germans did bad things, then their leaders did crazy things like starting a two-front war and then lost.

Also just wrapped the first volumes of New Frontier (timely Book of the Month!), Sex Criminals and The Wicked + the Divine. Just started the first Grendel Omnibus.
  • Options
    I’m now up to date on Middlewest (16 issues to date), and it’s a damn fine comic. Still kinda wish Skottie was drawing it too, but the artist is perfectly fine. The coloring gets a bit too dark in places, obscuring the linework to the point of making it hard to tell what’s going on (might be okay reading it digitally), but other than that I have no complaints.
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    I'm catching up on last month's DCBS order, but at the same time, I've been buying too much on Comixology while so much is on sale. I recently bought volumes 6 and 7 of Immortal Hulk, 1 and 2 of Zdarsky's Daredevil, HOX/POX, some Avengers trades (a couple of them were free), a Hellblazer trade, and a Swamp Thing trade.

I may have a problem, but at least it's only taking up space on my iPad.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I read Usagi Yojimbo: Grasscutter and it was... one of the best comic books I've ever read. That is all.
  • Options
    mphil said:

I read Usagi Yojimbo: Grasscutter and it was... one of the best comic books I've ever read. That is all.

I have been catching up on Usagi over a few years, but did a huge push on it last year, reading Saga V2-current. It's all fantastic. Grasscutter was great, as was Grasscutter II.
  • Options

My next covid reader cleared quarantine.

My hardcover of The Worlds of Twomorrows is in my hands and it looks fantastic

• Options
  • Options

@nweathington I saw an ad for the new god's compendium. That looks really interesting

• Options

Like The Wonder Years and Stuf’ Said, it’s basically a double-sized issue of the Kirby Collector. I’m not sure what all John is planning to do with it yet, but I may be doing some work for it while I’m stuck home. Depends on if John has time to get things organized enough while he’s having to do all my jobs in my absence. Wish I could tell you more but I’m a bit out of the loop at the moment.

• Options

You are no help ;)

• Options
    I misspoke earlier, and bought volumes 5 and 6 of Immortal Hulk. Five was fantastic with a bit of a weird ending. I'll probably start 6 tonight.
  • Options
    Just finished Tom King's Vision and New Frontier before that. I'm diving into the Planetary Omnibus now.
  • Options

Finished off the Latour/Rodriguez Spider-Gwen run last night. Good stuff.

• Options
    Currently reading Epic Collections of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu, and Iron Fist, the Claremont/Byrne run. Also, the DC One MIllion Omnibus.
  • Options

Just finished Tom King's Vision and New Frontier before that. I'm diving into the Planetary Omnibus now.

That Planetary Omnibus is one of the most enjoyable things I have ever read. And I had already read it, previiously. Great stuff.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Jut wrapped up the first two hard cover collections of Lazarus. I've said on numerous occasions how fond I am of that book. I think I liked it better on the second go - knowing where the story was going allowed for better appreciation of some of the setup.

The hardcovers are beautifully laid out and the combination of extra bits of back matter plus the way the world building pieces are consolidated is great. My only regret is that they did not include the little editorial pieces that Rucka did with in the letters column.
  • Options
    Finished Planetary. Now moving onto Dark Nights Metal. Then will dive into Morrison's Doom Patrol