Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC Comics' New EIC is Marie Javins

As per Variety's reporting today.
DC Comics has promoted Marie Javins to editor-in-chief following a restructuring at the company in August that put her as co-editor-in-chief alongside Michele R. Wells.

The move was announced Monday by Daniel Cherry III, senior vice president and general manager of DC Comics, to whom Javins will report . . . Prior to her promotion, Javins served as DC’s executive editor of global publishing and digital strategy, where she edited such acclaimed titles as “Justice League,” “DC Super Hero Girls,” “Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles,” “Superman Smashes the Klan,” “Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass” and “Dark Nights: Death Metal.” She joined DC in 2014 in a temporary position to help the company transfer its businesses from New York to Burbank, Calif., and then relocated to join the staff.

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited November 2020

I find it interesting that DC skipped over Jim Lee. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing.

What did she do before DC?

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited November 2020
    mwhitt80 said:

I find it interesting that DC skipped over Jim Lee. I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing.

What did she do before DC?

She worked at Marvel for a little over 10 years—pretty much the entire ’90s—before going freelance. Started out as an intern, then was Mark Gruenwald's assistant for a while before becoming a full editor. I know her name mainly as a colorist, though, mostly for Marvel. I think she stopped coloring when she joined DC.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

Thanks @nweathington I really didn't know anything about her