Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

WandaVision - Series Discussion.

2»

Comments

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Matt said:

I’ve seen theories the book in Agatha’s basement is the Darkhold. Senor Scratch is a nod to her son “Nicholas Scratch” (I think DC had a character of the same name).

You guys under the impression Monica has an issue with Danvers?

Yes, she's upset that Carol was being a space cop during the Infinity War time period and didn't visit her sick mother.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Or did Danvers powers cause Maria’s sickness?!

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Or maybe she thinks Carol could have saved her mom, but never came around?

I think we'll find out Carol did see her during that 5 year window. Also I've seen people theorize the reason her hair is short is because she is paying tribute to Maria?
  • Options
    edited February 2021

There we go, now those are great theories. Maybe that’s why Danvers said she wouldn’t be seen in a while. Fury gone, Maria gone, she has no tether to Earth.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    So the Nexus stuff, this is honestly the first time I've heard about it. So they are beings that exist in all possible realities? Or something like that?

Maybe this is how they'll connect Magneto as her father? Maybe they'll do something like she's actually from another reality? And maybe Peter is actually her brother and is why he got pulled in?

Because I kinda don't think Quicksilver is a Villain or some other person, I think he was pulled here from a different reality, and is being controlled by Agatha, but he'll actually help out in the end.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    EVERY theory I've read online over the past 7 weeks has been screaming Mephisto, Mephisto, MEPHISTO!!! I can't wait until this season ends and there is no Mephisto in sight (purely just to stick it to the smug know-it-alls online). I just can't see the MCU trying to incorporate "The Devil" as the big bad, especially this early in the new phase. I'm hoping that it is "just" Agatha, but if we need someone higher up the chain, Nightmare makes way more sense to me, especially leading onto the upcoming Doctor Strange flick.

Also... my hunch is Hayward will end up as Grim Reaper (somehow), and he has been trying to use Vision to bring back his dead brother Simon Williams.
  • Options
    I think there will be one more reveal that sets up Doctor Strange 2. I really don't care if it's Nightmare or Mephisto. Or something else. Like I've seen people be like, "Well maybe that dungeon is from Latveria? And Dr Doom is magical" lol. And if it was actually Doom? I'd flip the F out. But I doubt it.

I don't think Agatha is doing all of this for some mustache twirling reason. I think it's curious whenever the kids aged up, she was there. I think she needed those kids, and they needed to be a certain age.

Because I keep seeing where people think the kids aren't real. When they've literally said in the show that everything inside the bubble is real, specifically talking about the kids.

I do believe Mephisto makes a lot of sense just because of his connection to the kids in the comics. And the MCU can make the story be like Agatha is trying revive him through these kids. And it would be interesting, because this would be something the MCU hasn't done, the actual Devil as a character.

But I still stand by it being Nightmare, just because he makes the most sense with this directly leading into Doctor Strange.
  • Options

Well Hex you got what you wanted lol. All the theories are dead. Really liked this episode. I still think the setup some cool stuff. Like Wanda was definitely a Mutant right? And the scene where the Mind Stone awakened her powers was cool.

If I remember correctly in the comics certain Stones could be used by certain people? I feel like that was the case here? Like the Mind Stone completely resonated with Wanda, and I don't think she would die if she held it in her hand?

And the ending was pretty cool, Chaos Magic, Scarlet Witch. And now I'm thinking that maybe Vision will come out of this alive? Maybe Wanda's Vision will be able to merge with the body?

• Options

Yup, I’m having doubts some else is behind Agatha at this point. I liked how Wanda’s vision with the mind stone/gem was the silhouette of the Scarlet Witch.

Also, that the footage Hayward showed was presented to fit a certain terroristic narrative (Insert smirk here). So, she didn’t take the body? Figures since the video footage presented didn’t actually show anything to that effect.

The original body is now the “colorless” version from the comics. Could make more solid the theory of Wonder Man entering the MCU.

Nice ending on “Scarlet Witch,” could “more mutants” end the series?

• Options

Small Spoilers, basically the cast have said some things, so if you don't want to have no idea? Then don't read.

They have basically said there is one more huge cameo that will "change everything." And also the actress who plays Monica said that we still haven't met her engineer friend. So that's either the same person? Or there's 2 more people that we will meet.

• Options

Especially after this week, I'm leaning towards the theory that there's a 10th episode of WandaVision they're going to keep hidden until after next week's episode drops.

• Options
    edited March 2021

The Finale episode was fine, I don't think it was as good as the rest of the series. This just felt like the back half of a normal MCU movie. I think that's the risk you take when you present something very different then anything you've shown before and it ends virtually how all your other stuff ends.

It was cool seeing Wanda become the Scarlet Witch, I like her costume. White Vision is still out there and has all of the memories, so at least some form of Vision still exists.

I don't really understand what the ending meant? Is the Scarlet Witch now it's own individual being and Wanda is separate? And being controlled? Why we're the kids screaming for help?

We never found out what the rabbit was? And I have no idea who Paul Bettany was talking about? Or Elizabeth Olsen either? Because there was definitely no Luke Skywalker level person that cameo.

This episode needed one more big thing and I think it would have been perfect. But the fights were cool. All I can think of is maybe through the Darkhold Wanda will come to understand that she is a Nexus being? And that's the setup for Doctor Strange 2?

• Options

As soon as I heard the director (or showrunner, I forget) that some fans were going to be disappointed, I had a feeling Agatha was going to be the Big Bad.

I agree, there were great moments, but it felt mostly anti-climatic. I was thinking the ending was some type of astral projection studying the Darkhold. Maybe the voices of her kids were from a multiverse (side bar: I’m not a fan of multiverses).

so, we should expect Monica in Secret Invasion.

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

The last two episodes felt like they lost confidence in the comic book weirdness of the rest of the show and resorted to dull motivations and flat looking action scenes.

The highlight of the finale is the Visions resolving their conflict non-violently.

@Mihawk the post credit ending is Wanda learning magic in her astral form similar to a scene in the first Dr. Strange movie. I had to have it explained to me too.

• Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784

Sidebar: I am a fan of multiverses. And so is @Adam_Murdough, if you didn't catch on by now. :D