Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1827 Talkback: October 2021 Previews

For the second month in a row it's just Ian and Murd, doing what they do best: finding the best bits in the monthly Previews catalog and getting you, our faithful listeners, to spend more money on comics! The catalogs in question this time around are Diamond Previews #397, DC Connect #17, and Marvel Previews #1 (Volume 6), with books mostly scheduled for release in December 2021. There's Christmas cheer to be found in these solicitations, plus books set in the world of existing (and upcoming) media, and plenty of kaiju to boot! (2:39:38)

Listen here or watch us on YouTube:

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

I just finished the Spencer run. Before I go further in review I need to explain why I read as much as I did. When I found out about sinister war I got excited so I went and purchased a few storylines in back issues that would get me caught up so I could enjoy Sinister War to it's fullest. My mistake.

It was bad. The 25+ issues I read were bad enough that I will probably never read anything by Nick Spencer again.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited October 2021

Pass on the Godzilla: Monsters and Protectors book — unless All Monsters Attack/Godzilla’s Revenge happens to be your favorite Godzilla movie. Yeah, it's that bland. The Godzilla Rivals one-shots, however, have been very good.