Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Justice League movie possibility?

2»

Comments

• Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    I did like his Justice league movies. And you're probably right about Bruce Timm not getting all the say of what will be done. I know Superman and Batman sell but they haven't even given other heroes a chance really.
  • Options
    I REALLY don't think WB could make a Justice League movie that could work. If the Avengers had failed, maybe, but not now. Anything they do now will look like one of those SyFy original movies. Or like Green Lantern. Same thing. :)

But seriously... someone mentioned leaving Batman out... Really? He has earned over 2 billion gross sales in the movies since 1989. They're not leaving him out.
  • Options
    I liked the mention of magic world with science in it... I don't understand all the hate towards the GL movie, it was fine. I'd have liked it more OFF of Earth, but I can't complain too much.

The biggest problem to overcome is the same problem that seems to be showing up on this discussion: living up to the hype. There hasn't even been the mention of a JL movie and we're already expecting so much out of DC and WB. I think comic fans in general have too high of expectations for their movies.

When Ang Lee's Hulk came out, while it wasn't spectacular, it was a really well done Hulk movie (compared to other comic book movies Marvel has been involved with in the past). I think Incredible Hulk is far and away a better movie, but there isn't anything intrinsically wrong with Ang Lee's version... except for the origin.

Green Lantern suffers from something similar to Ang Lee's Hulk, in that it's had such high expectations that nothing could possibly come close to fulfilling them. GL had its issues (the Hot Wheels ramp, the back and forth between Oa and Earth, and jumping on the Parallax train waaay too early) but it isn't a bad movie. If Man of Steel works out, I'd completely support Cavill, Bale, and Reynolds in a JL movie (each starring their respective characters).

What I don't understand is why DC can't get live action right... except for Batman and Superman. Is telling Wonder Woman's ACTUAL ORIGIN that freaking terrible? When will movie executives stop thinking they know what to do and just look at the comics (i.e. Marvel) and say: oh, hey, we don't really have to change the source material. Duh.

Enough ranting. If Amanda Waller shows up in Man of Steel, we're working towards a JL movie. The character was in GL, and if she's in MoS, then all we need her to do is show up in the '15 Batman reboot and we've got ourselves movement towards a franchise. Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman (at the bare minimum) would have to be done in some fashion to tie up the loose ends... but I can see it. If the Wall is there, we've got JL on the horizon... somewhere.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    Enough ranting. If Amanda Waller shows up in Man of Steel, we're working towards a JL movie. The character was in GL, and if she's in MoS, then all we need her to do is show up in the '15 Batman reboot and we've got ourselves movement towards a franchise. Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman (at the bare minimum) would have to be done in some fashion to tie up the loose ends... but I can see it. If the Wall is there, we've got JL on the horizon... somewhere.
    i like that thinking... amanda waller in the same crossover type role as agent coulson for the avengers.
  • Options
    i like that thinking... amanda waller in the same crossover type role as agent coulson for the avengers.
    DC has got to do something different that have a 'security agent' crossing over through their movies. They know that or they will always be compared to Marvel, which will happen anyway, but in this case they will be classed as ripping Avengers off. I think if they do it then they will try to do something different.

Who knows, they might try simultaneous movie releases where the same event is seen on different sides. [NOTE TO DC: I'm copyrighting that idea right now but I'm willing to sell for the right price]
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I thought since SHIELD is the backbone connecting Marvel's movies, DC should use villains. Imagine Luthor or Vandal Savage (maybe Ra's al Ghul) appearing at the end of movies visiting or breaking the villains out of prison for the Legion of Doom.

M

BTW, I'd like to see an Avengers movie or JLA feature a heroes verses their assembled villains in the movie. I'd prefer to see Batman fight another person's villain and vice versa. That'll keep it different from a team movie where Flash fights his own villain.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Well here is some confirmation for a Justice League movie. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=61048
  • Options
    I am interested to see where WB and DC go with their now confirmed movie.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

BTW, I'd like to see an Avengers movie or JLA feature a heroes verses their assembled villains in the movie. I'd prefer to see Batman fight another person's villain and vice versa. That'll keep it different from a team movie where Flash fights his own villain.
    I love your ideas, @Matt.
  • Options
    I thought since SHIELD is the backbone connecting Marvel's movies, DC should use villains. Imagine Luthor or Vandal Savage (maybe Ra's al Ghul) appearing at the end of movies visiting or breaking the villains out of prison for the Legion of Doom.

M

That's a really cool idea. But I think that DC should do something different than do the end of the movie thing. Have them slip it into the movie as much as possible. For example, in Batman Begins when Arkham was broken open could have mentioned some specific villians at the time like Bane or Jervis Tetch or someone else.