Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

C2E2

I haven't seen a thread about this but I was wondering who would be going to C2E2. My table is located at P19 in podcast arena. Please come and visit.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I'm going to be there. Anybody on the forums that will have a booth or table please speak up and I'll make sure to stop by.
  • Options
    I'll be there! I'm trying to formulate my plan of attack now.
  • Options
    I will not, so maybe Photos can be uploaded for those who wished to live vicariously through those who are?
  • Options
    I will not, so maybe Photos can be uploaded for those who wished to live vicariously through those who are?
    Definitely.

• Options
    LanceLance Posts: 5
    I'll be there. Can't wait. It may be my only comic con event this year.
  • Options
    FeedbackFeedback Posts: 31
    Does anyone know of any parties going on then?
    Is Pants still going to be there?
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    I think by definition, it's not a party if I'm there. ;)

I am planning on going to C2E2 however...
  • Options
    nhartznhartz Posts: 12
    I will be there on Sunday only.
  • Options
    MarioMario Posts: 9
    I'll be there...but I'll prob be more floating around the city than at the actual con.
  • Options
    Eight days away! What are you looking for for? Who are you hunting down?

First stop for us is always artist alley, Art & Franco are usually first on the list. My daughter is super excited to meet Katie Cook, she loves Gronk and has some fan art to give to Katie. Then we are off to find Mike Norton, JK Woodward, Steve Bryant and others.

Hoping to meet Marc Silvestri again. Get an issue or two of Sgt Rock signed by Joe Kubert. Then hopefully run into Dan Slott.

Back issues I'm hunting: My biggest gaps are in Marvel Two-In-One, Rom, Spider-Woman. Single issue gaps I have are in Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, FF, Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Defenders, and X-Men and should finaly be filled.

Looking to add some Essentials and Masterworks to my library, catch up on Red Sonja and Queen Sonja trades and pick up some GI Joe books.

My son is hunting down G1 Transformers toys and trades of the Marvel issues.

I only get to one or two cons a year so I'm getting antsy and excited.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    The finally added Geoff Johns, Jeph Loeb, and JMS, so the bigger names are finally being added. I'm wondering when Neal Adams will be signing? I'm guessing he'll only be signing like once ar twice a day like a lot of the bigger names. I'd love to meet him, but don't want to stand in line for 5 hours and miss the rest of the con.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    @Nick - I know what mean about the lines. I would like to get in line, meet some of these creators and get a book or two signed but not at the cost of missing out on the rest of the show. But will probably be the case for Joe K., Johns and some others.
  • Options
    Neal Adams has a booth in the exhibitor area. I'm planning on getting to see him either during the professional hours on Friday or on Sunday. Saturday will be too insane.
  • Options
    Got the stuff for the booth all packed. We'll have t-shirts, copies of 'Comics Now!' and a limited supply of 'Supportin Norton' buttons for sale.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    how much are t-shirts? i have a friend going, wanting to know how much to give him for one please?
  • Options
    We'll have 7 or 8 different t-shirts and they'll range in price from $7 to $15. I'll try to post pictures & prices later today.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    It's almost here, everyone broken their piggybanks open and taken out that second mortgage? I like carrying it all in ones and put a 5 on the outside like Kramer (Cosmo, not Darth!)
  • Options
    It's been a while since I've been back to the Forums... I just want to extend an offer for 2 free sketches to the C2E2 attendees. Below is the details from my site:
    Howdy, Folks! Although I won't be attending C2E2 this year, I am offering 2 different ways for those attending the show to win a Free 8.5"x11" Inked Sketch by me (check out this page for the specifications). To clarify, 2 participating peeps will win a Free Sketch of his/her choice, drawn by me. I will include the shipping also.

HOW TO ENTER: Stop by Steve Bryant's C2E2 Artist Alley Table, located at Artist Alley E13. Once there, I'd encourage each of you to interact with this awesome, super-nice-guy independent creator, check out his wares and maybe even purchase something. At this point there are two different ways you could become the winner of one of the free sketches:

Method 1: Become the Premier Patron of Steve Bryant's C2E2 2012 Con Appearance. Steve will be keeping tally of purchases made with him during the show. Whoever is the biggest financial spender at Steve's table (pre-orders included) for this C2E2 show will be automatically selected for one of the free sketches.

Method 2: Become a Friend of Steve Bryant and his creative endeavors. When you do stop by, talk to Steve and get to know about different properties he is working on, including Athena Voltaire and Ursula Wilde. And then, most importantly, take a photo of you and Steve (hugs & kisses are optional ;-). Then you have 1 week after the show to contact me in one of the many published means of contact (e-mail me, use my contact form, tweet me, message me via Facebook, etc.). The more creative the photo, the more fun it would be for me but will not increase your chance for winning. One random person will be selected to win and receive the free sketch.

That's pretty much it! Have fun at the show folks, and thanks for stopping by Steve's table and showing some much-deserved love for my friend.
  • Options
    Dang it @JunBobKim! I sooooooo wish you did this last year. Missing C2E2 just hurt a little more...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I was trying to get to the show myself but couldn't make it work. Figured I'd at least help a buddy out.
  • Options
    nheskettnheskett Posts: 13
    @ Greg...

Neal Adams is signing on Friday at 2 - 3 for VIP - one item.

I have a VIP but no interest to meet Neal Adams (prime shopping time)....if you want to meet at the CGS both to borrow the pass to meet Neal (and if I am allowed to do so) it let me know.

I'm excited about c2e2 but the VIP pass isn't going to get its money worth...
  • Options
    @nheskett - I appreciate the offer, we're only going to be there on Saturday. Thank you for asking though, that would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I was trying to get to the show myself but couldn't make it work. Figured I'd at least help a buddy out.
    No worries. Just jealous! Got a commish (my first) from Steve last year, its a beauty.
  • Options
    We'll have 7 or 8 different t-shirts and they'll range in price from $7 to $15. I'll try to post pictures & prices later today.
    These are the $15 shirts:

We'll have a few of our older T-shirts that'll be between $7 and $10. Those are our 2008 and 2011 tour shirts, episode 300 shirts, and a few CGS logo shirts. Stop by early and often for best selection.
  • Options
    Our booth location us P14 at the end of Artist's Alley. Stop by and say hi!
  • Options
    Can't wait, can't wait!
  • Options
    We are at P19 stop by as well and say hi
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Forgot to say I was going and now I'm here. :-)
  • Options
    Does anyone know of any get togethers tonight at c2e2?
  • Options
    I'm not there, but my co-owners and friends of Comic Related are. They're at the very end of Artist Alley (with the podcasts). Swing by and say hi. Tell them Brant sent you.