Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

C2E2

2»

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Somebody congratulate Steve Bryant for me
  • Options
    FeedbackFeedback Posts: 31
    IS there anything going on tonight??
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2012
    I didn't conquer the con as well as I had hoped but had a pretty good time despite one real downer. Pictures will be posted later.

I found thirty of the back issues I was looking for but none of trades. Got my Doc Savage issue of Marvel Two-In-One. On our way to artist alley we spotted a booth that had Marvel Essentials for $5 and softcover Masterworks for $10-$15 but for the life of me I could not find it after we left artist alley.

First we took my daughter Mia to meet Katie Cook. Mia LOVES Gronk,is a huge fan of Katie's art and she did some fan art and gave it to Katie, who's going to post it on the Gronk site. Mia got a bit overwhelmed and had to go find mom before Katie was done talking to her. I got part of it on video

We hit up Art and Franco, stopped by to say hi to Mike Norton and JK Woodward. Picked my awesome Mary Jane Watson commission from Steve Bryant, then checked the rest of the alley. I was walking next to and chatting with Jamal Igle for almost ten minutes before I realized who it was. @steve_bryant - my apologies for not making back it over to see you, the rugrats got tuckered out pretty quick.

We stopped by and talked to Pants for awhile, and yes @Pants I found my ipod.

All in all it was good day. Until this happened - We were making our way to the food court to have a seat until time to catch the South Shore home. Some guy lightly bumped into my son, Jason, who didn't even notice and kept walking. The guy got inbetween us and apologized but Jason didn't hear him and he didn't even know he had gotten bumped into n the first place so Jason just kept walking. So, instead of turning and walking away, this guy spits a wad of gum at the back of Jason's head right in front of me and several other people. I have a pretty quick temper and I'm highly over-protective. I was about to go nuclear on this dude and before I could get a word out three others guys swept in and beat me to it. Which was cool because they handled it much more peacefully than I would have.

• Options
    At those three guys did what you didn't have to do. Sorry to hear that.

CONGRATS TO STEVE BRYANT! Awesome news.
  • Options
    C2E2 this year was an excellent show. It improved head and shoulders above last year, which I thought was a terribly show. There was some awesome news for Tim Seeley and Steve Bryant, got some awesome artwork, and got to spend some time with friends that I don't get to see as frequently as I'd like. I call that a successful show.