Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Binding Maps on Comic Binding

CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
edited March 2012 in Comic Book Binding
I'd just like to let everyone know that ComicBinding.Com has a host of maps posted and the site is fully indexed so searching is a breeze.

It sucks that CGS probably won't be able to recover any of our previous posts...I think I may have lost a few maps. But I think I have the issues stacked in order.

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited March 2012
    Corwin,
    The loss of the binding forum was the first thing that hit me. I was dang we just lost all of it. I'll have to go back and look at my ghost riders to recreate those maps. At least I can streamline the thread.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I'm crushed, too. There were 1.2 million posts on the old forum. Lots of good stuff in there.

I look forward to seeing all the new stuff everyone starts posting.

Bry
    @brydeemer

bryan I know you guys busted your tails for years building up and maintaining the old boards. So I guess the loss probably hits you hardest of all. Thanks for restarting these so quickly man; I appreciate everything you've done to get the CGS forums working. So are you back with CGS fulltime again or can I keep blaming Mike for everything?
  • bryciebrycie Posts: 10
    Do we get to know what happened? I am pretty new and was just getting into it (5 bound books and dropping off 7 more). I was going back to look again & everything was gone :(

Is this where everything will be picking back up?
    edited March 2012
    Brycie
    Consider the old forum as lost. It's a little disheartening when you think about everything (across all thecomicforums.com) that was lost, but we get a fresh start. However unlike the old binding thread, we have a better understanding of what we are doing (from the get go), and most of us still have a lot of our old maps. So if we look at it in that light; we all have the benefit of getting a fresh canvas to place our binding maps, without a lot of the hammering out process that we worked on for the last few years. If this experience has taught me anything it's to stop being lazy and put my completed maps up at the binding site that Corwin was a part of.

We're going to do our best to replace what we lost and continue creating new maps for our friends in this community.
  • I'm new to binding and was using the old forums as a map the way i'm looking at this new forums as a way to maybe get some new ideas or options and i'm kind of excited for it
    edited April 2012
    If you guys have any requests for a map from the old forum post them up here. Some one will probably be able to find it easily. I'm actually going back through my stuff trying to get maps to post.
  • Corwin, I think you've seen already, but I've finally gotten around to adding my maps to ComicBinding.com I've only added 3 so far, but I plan on adding a bunch more.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Yes I did! Thanks! I'll roll them out slowly over the next few days.
  • FoneBoneFoneBone Posts: 52
    I'm doing a Checkmate bind (the newest series) and was wondering if anyone had a map for all the Outsider crossovers.
    I've lent my volume out...but I'll see if I can dig up the map.
    I'm doing a Checkmate bind (the newest series) and was wondering if anyone had a map for all the Outsider crossovers.
    @fonebone
    I'll post one up by tomorrow night (tax deadline is over the 17th). I can also give you one for the 1988(?) series
  • FoneBoneFoneBone Posts: 52
    Thanks! I dont need one for the 1988 series, I already bound that. I did it straight 1-33ish. Since I already bound Suicide Squad which had the other Janus crossovers.
    awesome because when I was going through my stuff I couldn't find my map for the original map. I did find the new checkmate. I'll post it up tonite.
    edited April 2012
    A few posters have really beefed up Comic Binding.com's old school maps.

So I just wanted to put it out there that we can take requests. If you also have something rare mapped go a head and post!

Or you can send it to me and I'll post it.
  • bustybusty Posts: 104
    Does anyone have just a Morrison batman map?from father and son to present?I'm a little stuck as to where final crisis should go,plus the running order of robw between bat/Rob,any help would make this girlgeek smile.x
    edited May 2012
    Does anyone have just a Morrison batman map?from father and son to present?I'm a little stuck as to where final crisis should go,plus the running order of robw between bat/Rob,any help would make this girlgeek smile.x
    Batman the Morrison Era Vol 1 there are links to the rest of the volumes. You will have to skip some of the non-Morrison stuff but I think you'll be able to figure it out without too many problems.

Oh and it stops at volume 5. I still haven't figured out how to proceed with Batman INC yet, especially with Vol 2 starting up. I'll find my notes and post what I've got later.