Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafort take over Superman!

2»

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Zhurrie, you like what you like man you don't have to defend it, it's purely aesthetic.
  • Options
    MurrayMurray Posts: 29

Re: Red Hood & The Outlaws - I picked up #1 last night and read it. I have to say, it was just as embarrassingly sleazy as everyone said, but otherwise pretty good. Does the sleaze factor continue in following issues, or did they drop that approach?.
    I didn't find the first issue all that sleazy. I found it fun. And kinda sexy. And the rest of the issues have remained in that same vein. Quippy. Action and adventure. And yeah, some gratuitous nudity and sexy stuff.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Scott Lobdell has been terrible in Superboy and Teen Titans. He doesn't even have Superboy's powers consistent between the 2 books. The Superboy title drags on and the culling was pretty weak. I wish they would have gave Jurgens more time to see what direction he was going to bring the book.
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    I'll agree with you that The Culling was truly awful, bust most of Lobdell's Superboy run has been pretty good, especially the most recent issue, but that was helped in a big way by Sebastian Fiumara's art, IMO.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I'll agree with you that The Culling was truly awful, bust most of Lobdell's Superboy run has been pretty good, especially the most recent issue, but that was helped in a big way by Sebastian Fiumara's art, IMO.
    Has it gotten better? I read the first three issues, and it was a spectacular example of nothing happening that made much sense. Maybe the artist couldn't tell the story, but I gave up on it, especially since the lead was unlikable.

• Options
    Has it gotten better? I read the first three issues, and it was a spectacular example of nothing happening that made much sense. Maybe the artist couldn't tell the story, but I gave up on it, especially since the lead was unlikable.

The art in the last issue was great due to the guest artist and the story much better now that the culling is done and over. It seemed liked it was all to much set up without any real story early on. I keep buying Superboy because Im a sucker and I am hoping for it to get better or for them to change up the creative teams. Instead I see the same writer get another one of the titles Im reading.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    The only issue I've read of Lobdell's Superboy run was the Supergirl guest appearance. It was alright, mostly because it was a chance for Kara to interact with someone else who could actually understand what she was saying, but it certainly didn't inspire me to go out and read the rest of the run,
  • Options
    The one thing I remember most about that issue is how horrid the art was. Go back and look at it. He has medium body shots of kara with no backgrounds and it looks like he put no effort into the figure. All his female faces look the same.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    the outfit looks very biomech
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I see that pimple still hasn't cleared up.

Maybe Clearasil with trace amounts of kryptonite?
  • Options
    I like it. His style still strikes me as retro, like this is a costume concept drawing from the 1978 Donner film. But it'll get me back to try the title again.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Damn you for making me want to buy Superman again!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I don't dislike it. I actually think it's kind of cool.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Credit where it's due: Rocafort's take on the new Superman costume is the best looking yet by far.

You can only shine up a turd so much, though. It's still fugly as hell. But de-emphasizing all those excess Lee Lines is a huge step in the right direction. Keep it up, Kenneth, you might be the one to actually make that thing work!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I really like the coloring to the cover. The boots look a bit weird but overall not too shabby. I'm very curious to see what the interior art is going to look like.
  • Options
    VKMarionVKMarion Posts: 37
    That look sick!