Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Online vendors?

Ok, what are some good online vendors?
I know about In Stock Trade,DCBS and Fearless Readers but I can not recall all the others that were said on the old forums.

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    here are 3 other ones I use and that are reputable
    mycomicshop.com
    milehighcomics.com
    newkadia.com

Mycomicshop probably has the best reputation of any online comics retailer.
    Milehigh has the largest selection of any online comics retailer.
    Newkadia has been around for a long time has the lowest shipping costs and some of the lowest prices.
    I would recommend for anyone using online retailers (especially MHC and MCS) to sign up for thier newsletter.
  • Options
    I'm checking out newkadia right now and seems like a good place. Thanks for those.

I know there were more and I hope people will continue to post them.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/Default.aspx was mentioned on the old forums just before the crash. I haven't bought anything there so I can't comment on that, but it looks really good and I'm glad I saved the location lol.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I'm checking out newkadia right now and seems like a good place. Thanks for those.

I know there were more and I hope people will continue to post them.
    New Kadia can be a little hit or miss on thier inventory, but one thing they do is discount comics that sit in thier inventory. I've used them at least 20/25 times over they years and never had a problem with them.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    newkadia is good but the selection is somewhat limited. milehigh always jacks up the prices but if you have the monthly promo code then you get it for less than cover price. this has always irked me. Other than that, ebay and comic collector are good places. also, if it is somewhat recent, you may be able to get it through dcbs. I'm working on getting all the back issues form dark horse presents in the current volume.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I get 99% of my books from Amazon (Germany). Living in Switzerland I get a special deal by not having to pay delivery and no taxes. There are some awesome deals. Sometimes they still have books available that are out of print in the rest of the world. I love you Amazon.de :x
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    I was the one who mentioned comiccollectorlive.com before the crash. I've placed closed to 25 orders with several of the stores and have been pleased. A lot of stores will give you free shipping if you purchase a certain amount and they are constantly running sales. I also use their software to catalog my collection and keep track of my wantlist.
  • Options
    How about "Things from Another World" or known as tfaw.com? Anyone use them?
  • Options
    I've ordered from them once. I highly recommend their "nicks and dents" section because you can get some great deals on stuff that... well, let me put it this way. The one time I bought from them was their Black Friday sale where everything was a great price so I got a mix of some stuff from the regular listing and some from the nicks and dents section. Since I didn't remember what was what, I decided to experiment (since I had heard that most of their "nicks and dents" were minor). I opened up the box and tried to figure out which ones were nicks and dents. I missed a few and the ones that I did get were only because I knew there had to be some nicks and dents somewhere so I was actively looking for them. If you're ultra OCD, you might find them easier than me, but there was one (don't remember which one to be honest) where even after checking the invoice, I still couldn't find what the supposed damage was.
  • Options
    I've bought from them as well. Got to back KyleMoyer's assessment. But my stuff shipped from England (I don't know if they are only an English store) but the shipping was great.
  • Options
    they seem to get a lot of the exclusive indie comics that they sell online, such as the sam humphries series sacrifice. if dcbs or my LCS doesn't have it in stock, I will try tfaw or midtown if I'm missing an issue or 2.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    I've ordered from them once. I highly recommend their "nicks and dents" section because you can get some great deals on stuff that... well, let me put it this way. The one time I bought from them was their Black Friday sale where everything was a great price so I got a mix of some stuff from the regular listing and some from the nicks and dents section. Since I didn't remember what was what, I decided to experiment (since I had heard that most of their "nicks and dents" were minor). I opened up the box and tried to figure out which ones were nicks and dents. I missed a few and the ones that I did get were only because I knew there had to be some nicks and dents somewhere so I was actively looking for them. If you're ultra OCD, you might find them easier than me, but there was one (don't remember which one to be honest) where even after checking the invoice, I still couldn't find what the supposed damage was.
    They do some amazing sales 2-3 times a year where you can get books and trades 75% off or better. I always do a big order of trades during those sales, but that's pretty much the only time I buy from them. Been super happy with them every time, though.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited March 2012
    When I was still buying back issues regularly, I used to use MyComicShop.com.

They had pretty good prices.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    If you sign-up with MyComicShop.com they will send you an email every week with a discount code.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Huh... maybe I have to back with them.
  • Options
    they seem to get a lot of the exclusive indie comics that they sell online, such as the sam humphries series sacrifice. if dcbs or my LCS doesn't have it in stock, I will try tfaw or midtown if I'm missing an issue or 2.
    I'm not 100% certain but I think they're owned by Dark Horse. And I think they also used to (or they still do, I'm just saying used to because I haven't been there in a long time) have a store on the Universal Citywalk in Hollywood that was a great place to browse, but I don't think I bought much there.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    OK, I verified it - http://www.citywalkhollywood.com/shopping/things_another_world.html - I was correct on the Citywalk store, and I was partially correct on the Dark Horse thing. It's owned by Mike Richardson, who was the founder and current President of Dark Horse, so they're not really the same company, but the same owner/president.
  • Options
    that makes sense why they are generally easy to work with :) There have been a few times that I've had to cancel a preorder and they have never had an issue with it. tfaw has great service and I really like their notification system too, helps me keep up on those smaller print comics that I like.
  • Options
    jt3fanjt3fan Posts: 9
    Big fan of comiccollectorlive.com here. I've bought dozens of books through various vendors there. One even gave me free shipping on my next order as he sent me a $1 back issue with a different cover than what I ordered...that's great customer service in my mind.
  • Options
    Stay away from mile high if you want accurate grading.