Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Walking Dead in Playboy......did anyone else buy this? (Possible spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I still find it interesting that this would be in Playboy but from what I understand, Hugh Hefner is a comic fan so I guess there's that. Also, I tend to look at the table of contents just to see what page the origin story was in and they do have kind of interesting articles. I know it's a universal joke to say, "I read it for the articles", but I was genuinely interested in a few of the articles.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited March 2012
    Playboy is a gentleman's magazine of the 1950s-60s & yes it has women that are nude that are supposedly "tastely done" with articles. While the era of Mad Men has long since passed the nation by, Playboy is serving some audience that likes the material that it produces of a segment for 49% of the American population. As for me, I had to hide Sports Illustrated swimsuit special during my teens. With a mom, sister & grandmother in the house having a Playboy was too taboo in the mid 1990s in Alabama.

Matthew
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    To me, this isn't that surprising to see this in Playboy.

Playboy's run several non-naked people things before.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I seem to recall they ran a Hellboy something or other back in the 90s, and have always had a place for cartooning and even the occasional sequential work (Kurtzman's Little Annie Fannie, for instance), so there's certainly a precedent.
  • Options
    Ha! Great question! I haven't bought an issue in decades.

Sure Steve, sure...

:)