Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel: "War" October 2012

I guess they are dropping the adjective and having the post AvX status quo (or event book, we'll see) simply be called War.

More teasers to come at SDCC, I'm sure.

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Aww somebody busted Mike's meow meow.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    "War" seems to be Marvel's go to word for their events: World War Hulk, Civil War, Chaos War, War of Kings, Secret War(s), Infinity War, Ultron War(rumored), etc.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    edited June 2012
    "War" seems to be Marvel's go to word for their events: World War Hulk, Civil War, Chaos War, War of Kings, Secret War(s), Infinity War, Ultron War(rumored), etc.
    There is going to be a sequel to Assistant Editor's month coming up soon called "Assistant Editor's War." That's what my super secret inside spy tells me. It will be followed up by World War War, War of the Secret Wars and then War War War.

EDIT - and they will all be written by Warren Ellis and drawn by J.K. Woodward.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Ooh, how soon after AvX will we get Ultron? That would be a prime time for him to emerge and we know he's making a return.
  • Options
    On a more serious note though, DC has had Our Worlds at War, War Games/Crimes, The Sinestro Corps War, War of the Green Lanterns, the Rann/Thanagar War, War of the Gods, etc. I think it's just a go to word for action based stories in general.
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    On a more serious note though, DC has had Our Worlds at War, War Games/Crimes, The Sinestro Corps War, War of the Green Lanterns, the Rann/Thanagar War, War of the Gods, etc. I think it's just a go to word for action based stories in general.
    Very true! I guess DC had used it quite a bit also.

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Coming in 2013 - War War!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited June 2012
    Sooo.... what is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing! Say it again!
    War! Good God, y'all!
  • Options
    Yawn.
    Yawn.
    *fart*
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Yawn.
    Yawn.
    *fart*
    Baked beans tonight?
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Ultron War? Reckoning War?

Of course, I still think it would be cool if they FINALLY had the Martians invade, which has been hinted at from time to time, fulfilling the Killraven storyline.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    So. The title seems a bit vague. Will there be a war in this upcoming event?
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I'm thinking all of Marvel's friends will be in a low-rider :D
  • Options
    I thought this years event was Ultron War. Is this is just under a new name?
  • Options
    It might be. I forget whether Ultron War has been announced or just teased. (And the fact that the recent Ultron .1 story was reprinted as the FCBD comic would suggest that it is coming sooner rather than later).

It might be that these first teasers are just calling it War, and when it gets a bigger announcement at SDCC it will be expanded to Ultron War. We'll see.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Yeah, Ultron is back on Earth, prepping for his war. In the Point One issue there was story with Wolverine, Spider-Man and I think Hawkeye fighting off Ultron drones.
  • Options
    I was hoping this would be more about the War book from the New Universe, but I am sadly disappointed...
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
    Ultron again?war again?.
    Has the house of ideas run out of new things to try?Used to love Marvel but now its just 'meh'.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Ultron again?war again?.
    Has the house of ideas run out of new things to try?Used to love Marvel but now its just 'meh'.
    So, in other words...War, what is it good for?
    ;)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    edited June 2012
    It might be. I forget whether Ultron War has been announced or just teased. (And the fact that the recent Ultron .1 story was reprinted as the FCBD comic would suggest that it is coming sooner rather than later).

It might be that these first teasers are just calling it War, and when it gets a bigger announcement at SDCC it will be expanded to Ultron War. We'll see.
    Ultron again?war again?.
    the Ultron War hasn't happened yet. It was brought up in the first arc of Avengers (2010), remember the chalk board?, then Avengers 12.1 aka FCBD Avengers (minus Spider-Woman's clothes) then finally a short story in Marvel Point One...

(come to think of it Bendis does like stripping the Avengers to their birthday suits...)

I think this is Bendis' final Avengers arc which is going to be drawn by Hitch.
  • Options
    @David_D
    Thanks. And also with the end of MoonKnight by Bendis it said on the last page "Will return in the pages of Ultron War" And that series ended just a few months back so I would imagine that with the info you gave and the that page this War is most likely Ultron War. Time will tell.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

Ultron again?war again?.
    the Ultron War hasn't happened yet. It was brought up in the first arc of Avengers (2010), remember the chalk board?, then Avengers 12.1 aka FCBD Avengers (minus Spider-Woman's clothes) then finally a short story in Marvel Point One...

(come to think of it Bendis does like stripping the Avengers to their birthday suits...)

I think this is Bendis' final Avengers arc which is going to be drawn by Hitch.
    Chalkboard? What the hell is Rip Hunter doing in the Avengers?

• Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Sooooo whatever happened to the crack in Cap's shield from "Fear Itself"
  • Options
    @webhead

The dwarves fixed it.

You know, that old chestnut. ;)