Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel: "War" October 2012

Comments

• Options
    Like the Beyonder fixed it in Secret Wars
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    @webhead

The dwarves fixed it.

You know, that old chestnut. ;)
    Everybody knew that the crack in his shield would be forgotten, I just love point things like that out. :P
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Ultron War? Reckoning War?

Of course, I still think it would be cool if they FINALLY had the Martians invade, which has been hinted at from time to time, fulfilling the Killraven storyline.
    I think it was Secreit Invasion wasn't it? Or is Martians a specific type of alien?
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    Maybe all the weapons become sentient and wage war on their respective heroes/villains!!
    WEAPON WAR!!!
    What's next spideys web shooters!
    Klaws Klaw!
    Return of the living dead spideymobile!!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Of course, I still think it would be cool if they FINALLY had the Martians invade, which has been hinted at from time to time, fulfilling the Killraven storyline.
    I think it was Secreit Invasion wasn't it? Or is Martians a specific type of alien?
    I think Cory means the actual, H.G. Welles inspired tripod Martians, as seen in the Killraven books. And during Captain America's period of being lost in time after being "killed" there was a glimpse at the future that showed what I thought to be the tripods invading. But now I wonder if they were actually the Nazi mech from Fear Itself rampaging through New York. So what Cap saw in the future may have already happened.
  • Options
    As for "War". If it turns out to be Ultron War then I am intrigued because- unless Ultron starts possessing heroes- we can finally get back to heroes vs. a big bad. After so many events that had different flavors of heroes vs. heroes, I am ready for them to Bring Back the Bad Guys.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    As for "War". If it turns out to be Ultron War then I am intrigued because- unless Ultron starts possessing heroes- we can finally get back to heroes vs. a big bad. After so many events that had different flavors of heroes vs. heroes, I am ready for them to Bring Back the Bad Guys.
    Amen to that!

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Was checking Facebook, Marvel just posted - "Can the Punisher defeat the Avengers? This is War."

No image with the post.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    And here we get some jiuce to the story.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39458

Punsher War Zone returns in October and he's gunning for the Avengers....wha..
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Was checking Facebook, Marvel just posted - "Can the Punisher defeat the Avengers? This is War."

No image with the post.
    There is an associated image now, and is a compilation of these "war" images that Marvel has been releasing over the past week.

Well... that is disappointing.

• Options
    UrbalcloudUrbalcloud Posts: 42
    So, it's not some huge crossover?

That's..... actually quite surprising. I'm a little uncertain how to respond...
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2012
  • Options

Wow.

I... did not see that one coming.
  • Options
    So they stopped making What If? A series just to turn the MU status quo into bad what ifs.
    You can see some corporate flunky standing around looking at the DC wiki and saying, "well if they have a Crisis, we'll have a War!"
    Those teaser images piss me off as none of that will happen.
    Maybe they will introduce Darci the Destroyer!!!!
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Punisher vs the avengers huh? Well, for that to even begin to be a contest frank would have to have murdered them all on a subtle way before they even knew there was a threat in some sort of batman über competent meticulously planned scenario because once they turned their attention to him...it's over. There could be no guns blazing here it would to quiet and patient and entirely un-punisher-like, to even pretend to be plausible. Rucka has it right in keeping Franks eye wound bandaged for so long in his run because there is no healing factor for Castle. Wounds are real deadly threats and need time to heal.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    So I guess nothing earth shattering happens to the Avengers in AvX so they are still around for Frank to kill? At which point during the middle of that event they will preview the next event letting you know they will survive being hunted by the Pumisher.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Punisher vs. The Avengers? Really?!?! geeez. The Punisher's whole point is that he kills people. And Marvel isn't going to take its marketable properties off the board. So we have a series whose entire "point" isn't going to happen. I guess the puzzle here is to idenitfy to one of two Avengers that are the equivalent of the Bill Foster Giant-man, who may actually be aced. Otherwise, if there was ever an "event" that held out the promise of ZERO status quo change - this one's it! I-)

e
    L nny
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited July 2012

Wow.

I... did not see that one coming.
    Neither did I.

I'm somewhat... interested in how this came to be.
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
    I'm sorry but if your still reading Marvel after this,then you really are a 'zombie'.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

That would be great. But wasn't it said in the Killraven series that the Martians invaded in 1999? Been 2 years since I read Killraven,so my memory might be faulty.

• Options
    So @David_D does that mean you aren't going to watch any more Marvel movies since DareDevil pretty much sucked?
  • Options
    Right now the only marvel books I pick up are Defenders, Captain Marvel and Daredevil. I may get sucked into Hawkeye, though. Apparently, I have a thing for Mark Waid and the Fraction Family...that's the new FF, apparently.
  • Options
    So @David_D does that mean you aren't going to watch any more Marvel movies since DareDevil pretty much sucked?
    Absolutely. Actually, I will watch no more movies of any kind.
  • Options
    bcool.bz/OZ0IuP

Somebody please tell me this is a joke.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Marvel will not do a relaunch like the New 52. Hickman is on FF duties through the fall so that right there nips this one in the bud...I hope. And if Fraction takes over FF when Hickman is gone, I'm dropping that title like a dirty diaper.

Those could just be the planned upcoming changes. it was already announced that Bendis would be taking over X-Men, Remender on Cap and Gillen on Iron Man.

I had planned on dropping Avengers after Bendis' run was over but if Hickman is picking it up I may just keep it on my pull list.
  • Options
    bcool.bz/OZ0IuP

Somebody please tell me this is a joke.
    If the rumors being reported being there are true, what would be so bad about it? We all know that some talent shake-ups are coming, with Bendis leaving Avengers books, Hickman leaving Fantastic Four sooner rather than later, Fraction winding down Iron Man.

As even the usually-alarmist BleedingCool note's, what is being rumored is not a reboot.

And if what is planned is a shake-up and a refresh, well, I think a lot of Marvel titles could use that right now. Sales-wise if not creatively.
  • Options
    Absolutely. Actually, I will watch no more movies of any kind.
    I just inhaled a gnat. I've decided to stop breathing.
  • Options
    Punisher vs. The Avengers? Really?!?! geeez. The Punisher's whole point is that he kills people. And Marvel isn't going to take its marketable properties off the board. So we have a series whose entire "point" isn't going to happen. I guess the puzzle here is to idenitfy to one of two Avengers that are the equivalent of the Bill Foster Giant-man, who may actually be aced. Otherwise, if there was ever an "event" that held out the promise of ZERO status quo change - this one's it! I-)

e
    L nny
    In interviews, Rucka has said that for him to buy into The Punisher as part of the Marvel Universe, a confrontation with The Avengers was inevitable. Eventually he'd show up on their radar, and they'd have to take him down. Looks like he's not going down easy.

Although I've never liked the Punisher as "hero", I am intrigued with Rucka's take on the character, and interested to see where this goes.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    What @WetRats said. Frank can't keep operating like he does without some kind of confrontation with the big boys happening. It's long overdue. With the covert ops titles we've seen over the last few years, why not utilize Frank in that way. Put him on a team where he can still fight crime within the "confines" of the law and without putting innocent bystanders in the crossfire. I know that takes away a big part of what/who Frank is, but even in the Marvel U, he can't keep doing what he does. Eventually he has to be reigned in or deal with the likes of Cap and company.