Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Guardians of the Galaxy (Complete Movie Thread-- Now With Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Well I like GoG, but I am worried about this announcement for the CGS crew. If I remember correctly Deemer promised to blow the Sony execs and Jaime said he'd pull his pork in the movie theater if GoG made it into a movie. :-O
    Wait -- is this a Sony movie or a Marvel movie? I'm assuming Disney is now the distributor of Marvel Studios movies and Sony still just has Spider-Man (and FF??).

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @Trev - Correct, GoG will be a Marvel/Disney movie.
  • Options
    Well then Sony execs make out well. They didn't even have to make the movie to earn their reward from Deemer!

Or maybe it conveys to Disney? ;)
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Well then Sony execs make out well. They didn't even have to make the movie to earn their reward from Deemer!

Or maybe it conveys to Disney? ;)
    Ok we'll go with whatever execs made the movie lol. I remember thinking when I listened to that episode that it would be hilarious if it actually happened, now they'll have to pay the piper (assuming the movie actually does get made).

• Options
    Yeah they foreshadowed the hell out of the Ten Rings in the first Iron Man and then just seemed to drop it. Still, that threat is there if they ever choose to pick it up.
    From IMDB:

"According to Jon Favreau, the Asian man who hands Vanko false papers in order to get to Monaco is a member of the Ten Rings, the terrorist organization Stark encountered in the first film. This organization is reportedly headed by Iron Man's nemesis, the Mandarin."

Yeah, I think I remember that. He was wearing a ring, wasn't he? I guess I was looking for a more pronounced appearance, but it will play well into any Ten Rings related flashback. BTW, the Black Widow 3-issue mini that just was had a reference to the Ten Rings in it.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Yeah they foreshadowed the hell out of the Ten Rings in the first Iron Man and then just seemed to drop it. Still, that threat is there if they ever choose to pick it up.
    From IMDB:

"According to Jon Favreau, the Asian man who hands Vanko false papers in order to get to Monaco is a member of the Ten Rings, the terrorist organization Stark encountered in the first film. This organization is reportedly headed by Iron Man's nemesis, the Mandarin."

Okay, fair enough. How about...they scaled waaaaay back on the foreshadowing?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    From IMDB:

Okay, fair enough. How about...they scaled waaaaay back on the foreshadowing?
    Indeed.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    I think it'd be better and kinda interesting if they made GoG a CG movie that still ties to their overall cinematic universe... The cosmic stuff lends itself better to a CG treatment.

As to which team of GoG I'd like? Gimme the DnA team, with Starlord and crew! ;)
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I think it'd be better and kinda interesting if they made GoG a CG movie that still ties to their overall cinematic universe... The cosmic stuff lends itself better to a CG treatment.

As to which team of GoG I'd like? Gimme the DnA team, with Starlord and crew! ;)
    I would think this would be the version the movie would shoot for, especially since they are throwing Rocket Raccoon into the Avengers now to give him some more popularity (I guess he already is popular though isn't he?)
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited July 2012
    Marvel officially announces the movie.

Crave

Official title card

Concept Art
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Marvel officially announces the movie.

Crave

Official title card

Concept Art
    I must be going camping because I just "pitched a tent."
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Are you so excited about the movie, or @Mr_Cosmic's tent?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Are you so excited about the movie, or @Mr_Cosmic's tent?
    ...Can't it be both?
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I thought the movie was playing in the tent!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    don't act like geeks.....ooops... :\">
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    That's so cool. I'm hoping we see some Nova, Warlock, & Gamora.
  • Options
    electric_mayhemelectric_mayhem Posts: 641
    edited July 2012
    i like to see Nova..
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I wonder if they might be saving Warlock in case a certain purple-skinned titan shows up in Avengers 2? I mean, they are pretty much each others' nemesis.

I'm still holding out hope for a couple more Betties on the team - Phyla-Vell or Mantis. Still, Groot and Rockett are enough to get me there opening weekend.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Torchsong said:

I wonder if they might be saving Warlock in case a certain purple-skinned titan shows up in Avengers 2? I mean, they are pretty much each others' nemesis.

I'm still holding out hope for a couple more Betties on the team - Phyla-Vell or Mantis. Still, Groot and Rockett are enough to get me there opening weekend.

I like Phyla, and I really liked Genis, but I'd prefer a Captain Mar-Vell before we get any of his offspring. I realize that he was never in GotG but no reason they couldn't factor him into the movie.

Gamora is great but I feel like they need to bring Warlock in somewhere if they are going to have her.

Mantis would be cool..especially because she played a pretty important role in their missions.

Drax sure is a no brainer. I mean, the guy's whole purpose is to kill Thanos.

But, seriously, where is Cosmo??? Gotta have the telepathic Russian dog!

Will they be based out of a Celestial's head that happens to be floating..well..Nowhere?

• Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    awesome!! hope DnA are involved in some way and get a crack at developing the story.
  • Options
    demonbear said:

awesome!! hope DnA are involved in some way and get a crack at developing the story.

I'm not sure. I talked to them at San Diego about the movie and though they were excited, they gave no indication that they are involved in any way other than having written the comic that it could be potentially based on.

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    From the concept art it looks like we are getting at the least; Starlord, Drax, Rocket, Groot and Gamora.
    No sign of Bug or Cosmo, but I will keep my fingers crossed.
    There is a release date on the "official" title card, so it looks like this is actually going to happen. Never would have guessed this in a million years. Can't wait! This is the most exciting Marvel movie yet! Anticipation of the first trailer is killing me already.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Here I was hoping for a Man-Thing sequel. ;)
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

a Giant-sized Man-Thing?
    <:-P
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    James Gunn in talks to direct?

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Concept Art

I sure hope that they use a different model for Rocket, though -- preferably the Mike Mignola version, though even either the Giffen or the Sal Buscema versions would be preferable. Something with a proper head proportion.

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Hex said:

From the concept art it looks like we are getting at the least; Starlord, Drax, Rocket, Groot and Gamora.

Have they announced the Gamora as a character? The concept art looks more like Phyla.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

dubbat138 said:

a Giant-sized Man-Thing?
    <:-P </p>
    Sure a Man-Thing movie in IMAX would be great. ;)
  • Options
    James Gunn officially confirms he's rewriting and directing the film.

Collider