Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Odd but perfect fantasy comic movie casting

random73random73 Posts: 2,318
John Barrowman from Dr. Who and Torchwood as Simon Williams: Wonder Man. I'd pay to see that.

Comments

• Options
    random73 said:

John Barrowman from Dr. Who and Torchwood as Simon Williams: Wonder Man. I'd pay to see that.

Remember he was touted as cap as well
  • Options
    Captain America? No. I think that would be terrible. But Wonder Man works for me. Square jawed handsome actor but flawed...I think that works.

I'm not looking for people to just shout out their favorite actors in ridiculous roles. Matt Smith (Doctor Who, again) would make a terrible Batman for example but he might be interesting as Ralph Dibney theElongated Man...huh? Anybody else see that working?

Anybody you think would be spot on for a character? I think the female characters are harder to peg. Jessica Alba, fine as she is, had no business playing Sue Storm in the Fantastic 4 nor did Eva Mendez work as Roxanne Simpson in Ghost Rider.

Janet Van Dyne the Wasp?
    Puck from Alpha Flight?

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    John Barrowman as Wonder Man? Yeah. I could get behind that bit of casting.
  • Options
    Steven Byrne as Ryan Choi The All New Atom
  • Options
    For puck we could do the lord of the rings casting & put John Rhys Davies.

Wasp it could be Michelle Ryan? Can't really think of enough details about Wasp to choose someone who could match her. I would say you would have to choose a model-type woman.

Hey, who could you cast as 'The Question'?
  • Options
    Which one? Vic or Renee?
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    For Vic I would cast Steve Buscemi,just cause he has the perfect voice for The Question.
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

For Vic I would cast Steve Buscemi,just cause he has the perfect voice for The Question.

Hmmm, Interesting. maybe an animated voiceover?

• Options
    random73 said:

dubbat138 said:

Hmmm, Interesting. maybe an animated voiceover?

Yeah, When I am reading the 80s/90s Question series I always hear Buscemi's voice in my head when The Question is talking.

• Options
    Don't forget the original voice actor from JLU, colmes.
    random73 said:

Which one? Vic or Renee?

I'm really thinking Vic because Renee really isn't the Question for me, like Dick Grayson isn' really Batman
  • Options

Don't forget the original voice actor from JLU, colmes.

random73 said:

Which one? Vic or Renee?

I'm really thinking Vic because Renee really isn't the Question for me, like Dick Grayson isn' really Batman

Jeffery Combs was great on the JLU cartoon. But before that was on the air I was always hearing Buscemi's voice whenever I read The Question's dialogue.

Gotta agree that to me Vic is the Question. Renee is a pretender.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Back in the day (as I approach 40, I'm generally referring to "the late 1980s" when I say this phrase) I had two people in mind that I thought would be perfect casting (at the time) to play Wolverine and Spider-Man (or at least Peter Parker)...

Fred Ward as Wolverine...go and watch "Tremors" and tell me he wouldn't have been pretty good as the Canuck mutant...

Wil Wheaton as Spider-Man...slap a pair of glasses on Wheaton at that age (circa 1987-88) and viola!...Peter Parker.
  • Options
    Also...I always used to say that if they ever did a live-action adaptation of "BATMAN: Year One"...Billy Zane (circa 1995/96) woulda made for an awesome Bruce Wayne.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Billy Zane does evil so well, I can't picture him being anything other than a villian.
  • Options
    Billy Zane was awesome as the devil in the Tales from the Crypt episode Demon Night. If you've not seen it, you should. It is among the Crypt Keepers best.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @random73 - that's what I'm talking about, Billy owned that role.
  • Options
    Robin Tunney as Janet Van Dyne (see: End of Days, The Craft, The Mentalist)
  • Options
    random73 said:

Robin Tunney as Janet Van Dyne (see: End of Days, The Craft, The Mentalist)

Good choice,but she is way too old now to play the Wasp. I say maybe Kat Dennings would make a decent Wasp.

• Options
    Too old!?!? Wow. Okay this brings up a point a buddy and I have been discussing for a while now. When Clint Eastwood was at his height as an action star he was well into his 40's. Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin all these tough guy actors were grown ass men. Now I read about Ryan Reynolds being cast as Connor McCloud of the Clan McCloud. Really? I have a hard time taking any of these Twilight kids seriously as leading actors. These are children not grizzled veterans.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Too old!?!? Wow. Okay this brings up a point a buddy and I have been discussing for a while now. When Clint Eastwood was at his height as an action star he was well into his 40's. Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin all these tough guy actors were grown ass men. Now I read about Ryan Reynolds being cast as Connor McCloud of the Clan McCloud. Really? I have a hard time taking any of these Twilight kids seriously as leading actors. These are children not grizzled veterans.

Isn't Robin Tunney now like early 40s? I always pictured Wasp as being late 20s/early 30s.

Just looked it up Ms Tunney turned 40 last month. And to my eyes she looks older than that now.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Highlander is awesome but can we just leave it alone. Damn, that franchise has suffered more than most.

As for Billy Zane as Batman, remember that Bruce Campbell was in the running for The Phantom
  • Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    I've always thought Neil Grayson (Fargo from Eureka) would be a good Ted Kord
  • Options

I've always thought Neil Grayson (Fargo from Eureka) would be a good Ted Kord

Great choice,he has the look and feel of Ted down. I am gonna miss Eureka when it ends soon.

• Options
    Wasp is one of the core Avengers. I figure she is at least as old as Tony Stark, right? And Robert Downey Jr. is well into his 40's.

What struck me was the haircut she was sporting in End of Days. I caught it on TV flopping channels yesterday. It was this short kind of spiky doo and the first thing I thought of was Wasp.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Wasp is one of the core Avengers. I figure she is at least as old as Tony Stark, right? And Robert Downey Jr. is well into his 40's.

What struck me was the haircut she was sporting in End of Days. I caught it on TV flopping channels yesterday. It was this short kind of spiky doo and the first thing I thought of was Wasp.

See I always thought that Wasp was younger than Tony. Plus Downey JR ,at least to my eyes,doesn't look 40. Tunney looks older than she is.
  • Options
    They are all contemporaries in my mind. Of course, I think Scarlet Johanssen, fine as she is, is way too young to be playing Black Widow. I always imagined Black Widow to be well into her 40's. I never felt like, even as a kid myself, that she could have amassed the espionage skills she has in her 20's. I just don't see it.
  • Options
    Plus. I'm getting older myself so...older women, I don't mind so much. :) I recently re-watched Blake's 7 and as a kid I never understood Servelan's mystique because she was so damn old but I'm older now than she was then and suddenly...I see the sexy there...
  • Options
    random73 said:

Plus. I'm getting older myself so...older women, I don't mind so much. :) I recently re-watched Blake's 7 and as a kid I never understood Servelan's mystique because she was so damn old but I'm older now than she was then and suddenly...I see the sexy there...

I am the same way. Years ago I thought that anyone over the age of 30 was old. But now that 40 isn't but a few years away for me ,well 30 isn't old to me anymore. I have also found I have more trouble connecting to people under the age of 30 now. My girlfriend is in her mid 20s. And there is plenty of times I will mention something that was huge when I was a kid and she has no idea what I am talking about. Like the other day she was saying I needed to get a decepticon sticker to put on the hood of my car. I made a joke about how I rather have the Go-bots symbol. And she had no idea what I was talking about. So I tried explaining Go-bots to her and she just kept looking at me like I was crazy.

• Options
    random73 said:

They are all contemporaries in my mind. Of course, I think Scarlet Johanssen, fine as she is, is way too young to be playing Black Widow. I always imagined Black Widow to be well into her 40's. I never felt like, even as a kid myself, that she could have amassed the espionage skills she has in her 20's. I just don't see it.

I never thought about it that way,but yeah Scarlet does look a little young to be Black Widow. I always assumed that BW was in her mid 30s. But then being Russian maybe the film version of Black Widow has been training since she was a young kid.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That is soooo funny! I actually found myself referencing the Gobots in a conversation with my GF too and just had to trail off...because she had no idea what I was talking about. My girl is 13 years younger than me, so mid-20's is right on. She turned 26 on June 5th in fact. I turn 39 this October. Don't judge me! My ex-wife was 7 years older than me so...apparently I just don't play well with people my own age.