Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comixology Sale - Legion of SuperHeroes

I was excited to see the LOSH 99¢ at Comixology

http://www.comixology.com/Legion-101-Sale/comics-collection/292

But after looking, I think I have read ALL the comics starting with the Great Darkness Saga, and I'm not that interested in the classic stuff.

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    If you liked Great Darkness, I suggest giving Levitz's first Legion epic along those lines, Earthwar (Superboy & the LSH #s 241-245), a shot. I actually like that one a little better than Great Darkness, truth be told.

VERY tempted to pick up those three Widening Rifts issues that lead into Legion Lost. Those are usually even harder to find than Legion Lost, and haven't been reprinted.
  • Options
    Legion Lost and Great Darkness Saga for under 10 smackaroos.

[choke!]
  • Options
    If I didn't already own all of these issues in some physical format I would've probably bought everything listed.
  • Options
    I caved on the Widening Rifts issues, my first digital purchase. I don't own a tablet, just an iPhone, but I got tired of not being able to find physical copies.
  • Options
    Yeah, those books are tough to find for a decent price.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Hmm... I might have to try the Widening Rift. Maybe Earth War, too. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    BadDeaconBadDeacon Posts: 120
    I picked up the Great Darkness Saga.

Is that Widening Rift and Legion Lost stuff good? I've never read much Legion.
  • Options
    I'm finding I'm picking up far more spur of the moment purchases in digital, it's too damn convenient, last night was the whole run of the Children's Crusade.

Damn you Comixology, you are my kryptonite.

Must not look at the .99c comics, must not loo...oh look what's on my iPad.
  • Options

I personally think that Legion Lost is one of the best Legion stories ever. Plus it has some beautiful Olivier Coipel art, so you can't go wrong with that. I don't necessarily think that Widening Rifts is an incredibly story, but it sets up Legion Lost and helps to establish the world that would be seen in Legion Worlds and the Legion. Those issues are just incredibly hard to find physical copies of.
  • Options
    BadDeaconBadDeacon Posts: 120
    I personally think that Legion Lost is one of the best Legion stories ever. Plus it has some beautiful Olivier Coipel art, so you can't go wrong with that. I don't necessarily think that Widening Rifts is an incredibly story, but it sets up Legion Lost and helps to establish the world that would be seen in Legion Worlds and the Legion. Those issues are just incredibly hard to find physical copies of.
    Right on. For 99 cents, the price seems right to try it out.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I picked up the Annual and the Anniversary issue...still dipping my foot in the pool on this whole digita-hammana-whatchicallit iPad thingy. :)
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I have never used Comixology, is it compatible with Nook?
  • Options

Agreed. Legion Lost is great, and it explains enough of what happened previously that you don't really need to read Widening Rifts, which really only serves to bridge the gap between the 4 part Legion of the Damned story (also good, and reprinted last year in that thick DC Comics Presents format) and Legion Lost.

You know, it took me years to scrape together a full run of Legion Lost, and in the year since I did, you can get it as both a hardcover and in digital. You're welcome!
  • Options
    I picked up the Annual and the Anniversary issue...still dipping my foot in the pool on this whole digita-hammana-whatchicallit iPad thingy. :)
    Is that the annual with Computo? That's a really good story.
  • Options
    I have never used Comixology, is it compatible with Nook?
    They have iPhone/iPad/Android/Kindle Fire apps, as well as reading on the web. Perhaps you could try the web version on a free comic? Or you could root your nook and install the Android app. :>
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Is that the annual with Computo? That's a really good story.
    Yes, it's the Computo story. I only got about halfway through it before having to stop to do other stuff, but have been enjoying it. I miss those extra thick anniversary issues DC used to do. Always had some great stories in them.
  • Options
    OK, I bought

Superboy & the LOSH #s 241-245
    LOSH (2010-2011) #s 11-16 (I thought I had read them, but had only read 1-10)
    Legion of Super-Villains #1
    Superboy #195 (for old times sake -- I had that issue as a kid!!)

Keep those 99¢ comics coming, Comixology!
  • Options
    OK, I bought

Had to look up that last one. The first appearance of Wildfire, my favorite Legionnaire? I may have to pick up that one, too!
  • Options
    OK, I bought

Had to look up that last one. The first appearance of Wildfire, my favorite Legionnaire? I may have to pick up that one, too!
    My favorite character, too. Probably from nostalgia for this issue. So I've always preferred the name ERG-1 to Wildfire.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    So I've always preferred the name ERG-1 to Wildfire.
    Me, too. Although the panel in which he announced his new name was truly badass.
  • Options
    So I've always preferred the name ERG-1 to Wildfire.
    Me, too. Although the panel in which he announced his new name was truly badass.
    Is that the one where he blows up his containment suit?

:-j
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Dig those dramatic poses!
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80

Dig those dramatic poses!
    Now I'm reading a panel where everyone says what they're reading!
  • Options
    why is Wolverine in the Legion? ;)

Saturn Girl should go back to this outfit, most practical. :D
  • Options
    And I did, in fact, cave on that Superboy issue. Damn, this Legion sale actually got me to dip my toe in the paying-for-digital pool (usually I just stuck with the freebies). I still doubt I'll be going all-digital anytime soon, but I do now know that there are ways they can get my attention, especially with the 99 cent price point.
  • Options
    why is Wolverine in the Legion? ;)
    I've always wondered why Timber Wolf was in the X-Men.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    I went a bit nuts with this sale:

Adventure Comics# 304, 306

Legion (80's baxter)# 32-35

Superboy# 195, 200

Superboy and the Legion# 237, 241-45

Can't wait to start reading!
  • Options
    Shameless promotion time: If you like what you're reading, check out the Legion of Substitute Podcasters (http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com).

From this sale I picked up the Legends of the DCU #2. I didn't know this issue existed and I own almost every Legion issue from Adventure #346 to current.
  • Options
    Just (re-)read Superboy #195.

I had forgotten about the multitude of powers ERG originally had.

"WHAT'S THAT SOUND?-- "
    "LOOK! IT'S ERG!"
    VAKA-BOOM!
  • Options
    Just (re-)read Superboy #195.

I had forgotten about the multitude of powers ERG originally had.

"WHAT'S THAT SOUND?-- "
    "LOOK! IT'S ERG!"
    VAKA-BOOM!
    Take a Drink!