Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

<del>Teenage Mutant </del>Ninja Turtles?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Any similarities with Daredevil aside, I would not mind that crossover one bit if it was done right. Hand and Foot ninja, Kingpin, Krang, Shredder, Stockman, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary .... the possibilities...

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Any similarities with Daredevil aside, I would not mind that crossover one bit if it was done right. Hand and Foot ninja, Kingpin, Krang, Shredder, Stockman, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary .... the possibilities...
    I would like this if it were done in the Milller-influenced art style of the original TMNT series.

Even more if the turtles were turtle-sized.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623

I would like this if it were done in the Milller-influenced art style of the original TMNT series.

box or sea?

• Options

box or sea?

Terrarium.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946

box or sea?

Snapping
  • Options
    Michael Bay is the end of anything with good taste.
    I dunno. The "Got Milk" Aaron Burr commercial was pretty great. :)
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    :) I truly hate Michael Bay, in the real sense of the word. Not just because of this but I don't respect either of them professionally or personally and their comments as of late have made me manage to dislike them even more. I wouldn't shed a tear.
  • Options
    @Zhurrie, were I a religious man, I'd pray for you.

As it is, I will simply hope you find something to make you as happy as this silly movie makes you unhappy.

If the soul exists, that kind of hatred can't be good for it.

The heart definitely exists, and I guarantee you that kind of anger isn't good for it.
  • Options

box or sea?

Snapping
    technically it won't matter anyway as you won't be able to tell where one turtle ends and the next one begins

just a roundhouse kick of green and slime for every action scene
  • Options
    I'm one of those scary atheists so it's OK on the prayers. I don't care for the people on it, I don't care for the concept, and I don't like their attitudes towards the fans and people speaking out. There are tons of bad movies for things I love, they in and of themselves don't make me unhappy, the greedy people behind the general uncaring and passionless flogging of the franchises and the people that take such little pride in their craft that they then sign on to these things are what make me unhappy. I don't respect that in anyone. He may have millions in the bank but he doesn't have any integrity in my eyes and without that I truly don't care about him in any way. I'm a passionate guy and I can see how it seems harsh though.
  • Options
    I'm one of those scary atheists so it's OK on the prayers. I don't care for the people on it, I don't care for the concept, and I don't like their attitudes towards the fans and people speaking out. There are tons of bad movies for things I love, they in and of themselves don't make me unhappy, the greedy people behind the general uncaring and passionless flogging of the franchises and the people that take such little pride in their craft that they then sign on to these things are what make me unhappy. I don't respect that in anyone. He may have millions in the bank but he doesn't have any integrity in my eyes and without that I truly don't care about him in any way. I'm a passionate guy and I can see how it seems harsh though.
    Unsolicited advice from kindly old Uncle Wetrats:

Try to find a positive focus for your passionate nature. I hate sounding like a hippie, but carrying around a bunch of anger is just bad for you. Concentrate on the things you can actually do something about. Focus on the things that make you happy and let the other shit slide off.

End of sermon.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Cool.

After all these years, I can hardly blame either of them for cashing out. As much of a freak success the whole property has been, each subsequent resurrection seems that much more unlikely.

And yet it keeps coming back. Amazing.
    The endurance, and continuing passion of the fan base, is pretty amazing.

Especially given that the whole thing started as a goof, and a parody of other 80s comics.

Has to be one of the most lucrative gags I can think of. But, hey, I guess successful ideas can start all sorts of ways.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    . And Dr. Doom, the original TF film wasn't bad because of the general premise, but the execution. The fact that the action was so blurred and fast that you couldn't enjoy it, the convoluted and unnecessary side plots, and the Bay-ness made it bad.
    I agree with you on the execution.

I only brought it up because this departure from the regular TMNT origin is a bit weird, as he was relatively faithful to the Transformers' origin/lore.
  • Options

Try to find a positive focus for your passionate nature. I hate sounding like a hippie, but carrying around a bunch of anger is just bad for you. Concentrate on the things you can actually do something about. Focus on the things that make you happy and let the other shit slide off.

End of sermon.
    Thanks, but I'm quite well-adjusted. I've focused my passion (tea and art) into three charities that I've created and fund in three countries that are nothing but positive. That doesn't mean I can't strongly dislike or even hate. I'm very happy with the concept of yin and yang and keeping a balance. I know all that comes off smugly in text, but I honestly mean it. We can end the personal conversation if you are OK with it and get back to this awesome alien turtle movie!

• Options

End of sermon.
    Thanks, but I'm quite well-adjusted. I've focused my passion (tea and art) into three charities that I've created and fund in three countries that are nothing but positive. That doesn't mean I can't strongly dislike or even hate. I'm very happy with the concept of yin and yang and keeping a balance. I know all that comes off smugly in text, but I honestly mean it. We can end the personal conversation if you are OK with it and get back to this awesome alien turtle movie!

OK. Happy hating!
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    As a Batman fan, let me help by sharing how I coped with the travesty that is Batman and Robin.

1. I didn't see the movie (until years later when it was on TV)
    2. I reminded myself that this is a comic book about a man who dresses up as a bat to beat up a homicidal clown, a man dressed like a scarecrow, a man with a freeze gun and other assorted types.
    3. I didn't see the movie (until years later when it was on TV)
    4. I reminded myself that there are more important things to get worked up over.
    5. I didn't see the movie (until years later when it was on TV)

1,3 and 5 were easily the most effective as far as bringing about a Batman movie series later that I very much enjoy.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I'm going to make a bold prediction about this movie right now. I predict that April O'Neill will be played by someone who is really hot, but a poor actress. There will be (clothed unfortunately) butt shots.
  • Options
    that's a theory i can get behind :@)
  • Options
    that's a theory i can get behind :@)
    Can't we all?

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    As long as Eastman & Laird are still getting their cut, I say milk it until it's dry.

Bu then again, I'm only really fond of the original B&W iteration, so to me everything since is kind of weird & silly.

End of sermon.
    I gotta agree. I held in massive amounts of anger towards someone for over 10 years. And all it did was end up causing me lots of problems. Once I let that anger go I not only felt lots better but it seemed like I enjoyed stuff more.
  • Options
    So the George Costanza method is wrong? Curses!

"They told me to bottle it up. It makes me so MAD!"
  • Options
    Anyone reading it at the moment?

I've had the idea of getting the TMNT Classic Vol 1 (April Previews p166) but I already have the Ultimate Editions and don't know if this will repeat anything because I know that Michael Dooney was doing that other turtles series for a while for another publisher, Tales of the TMNT or something (something that I wanted to read because of his art). The volume seems pricey at $17.99 for 104 pages, regardless of being coloured or the like.