Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Young Justice

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Three episodes in, and the time jump has been handled very well. Lots of good stuff in this season. They're slowly filling in the last 5 years while telling the present day story. Episode 2 gives us a little info about what happened to Conner and Megan's relationship, why Beast Boy is with the Team and hints that one character is traveling down a bad road.

Episode 3 provides a shocker, adds a new player and ends with a change in the status quo amongst the heroes.

Good stuff.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Good to hear @Tazmaniak.

Your synopsis and approval is encouraging. I look forward to catching up.

• Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    It was good to see Peter Rios in this weeks DC nation short
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    The first episode threw me the first time I watched it but by the third, I enjoyed it. I have to say though that with each episode, I've been loving this season more and more. I loved finding out about what's happened in the past 5 years. I like the current status quo with Wally and Artemis. I think Roy's current situation is pretty awesome as well. Overall, I'm excited about this season because I know with each new episode, we're going to discover something new and awesome.

The Vibe cartoon for the DC Nation was quite awesome.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Still digging it. The episode before last wasnt that great IMO but the last was good.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    I really like what they are doing with the characters this season. They are developing and learning from there mistakes or they let the mistakes take them over. Look forward to this show every week.
  • Options
    Look who shows up in tomorrow's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg981zg-g-k

"Bloodlines" - An intruder mysteriously appears inside Mount Justice, claiming to be a tourist from the future. But who is he really? And what is his true agenda?
  • Options
    Friggin' awesome.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I love this show. I got a kick out of Robin having some language/grammar joke in like the first ten episodes. oh I laughted every time. Like the big cast, like Captain Marvels moment to shine and shift between both "realities" in that two parter. Yeah I'm on board for this. Every Saturday morning I'm watching DC Nation with my bowl of Captain Crunch!
  • Options
    Watching the new Young Justice with Impulse. I'm loving this!
  • Options
    I love that Central City has an Arch like St. Louis.
  • Options
    That was awesome. The animation was especially georgeous in this Ep. I totally want a Flash family series now lol.
  • Options
    Right! This is why I love the Flash and I just havn't been getting it in the comics the last few years. Don't get me wrong I like what Manapul is doing but...and I hesitate to say this because I'm a Barry Allen guy. I miss Wally.
  • Options
    It was cool seeing all four Flashes on he screen at the same time. :-bd
  • Options
    SonofthorSonofthor Posts: 73
    Now we have seen the Bat-family and the Flash-family. I am loving the second season, I wasnt sure about the time just and losing some of the main characters but so far in my opinion at least this season is going above and beyond what I could ask for.
  • Options
    Here's the description for next week's episode.
    "Depths" - Artemis rejoins the team to defend a critical satellite launch. But will her first mission back also be her last?
    Young Justice will go on summer break after Depths airs and will likely return in the fall.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    It looks like we will be getting an Apache Chief episode.

Did anyone else remember Neutron? I always thought DC should have done more with this 1980s Superman foe.
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50
    Yes! All caught up! I can finally read this thread again!

Great character development, cool uniforms, superb animation, and jaw-dropping moments!!! Can't remember the last time I actually bought a DVD/Blu-ray, but I will be getting the complete seasons for this show!!

Hello, Megan!
  • Options
    Apache Chief! Are you kidding? That would be awesome. Childhood me just did the snoopy dance!
  • Options
    Apache Chief! Are you kidding? That would be awesome. Childhood me just did the snoopy dance!
    Not only Apache Chief, but possibly a few other Super Friends. Now, this is just wild speculation, but I think it's possible. We already know that Jaime's friend, Tye Longshadow, is their version of Apache Chief. So he's there. At the end of "Beneath", we see an unconscious Tye and 3 other teens. One of them is black, one looks to be latin/hispanic and the other one looks Asian.

Any fan of the Super Friends knows they introduced a group of "ethnically diverse" characters later on in the series. There was Apache Chief (Native American), Black Vulcan (African American), El Dorado (Mexican) and Samurai (Japanese). They match the ethnicities of those 4 kids we saw.

Like I said, we already know Tye Longshadow is, or will be, Apache Chief. A few months ago, Phil Bourassa, the lead character designer, gave an interview were he said he'd be designing a new character for the show that would bring his animation career full circle. Anyone familiar with Bourassa knows his first animation gig was Static Shock. Designing Static for Young Justice would be bringing his animation career full circle. I think Virgil is the black kid, subbing in for Black Vulcan.

Then there's the hispanic kid. Remember the Mexican scientist we see working with Adam Strange at STAR Labs? His name is Eduardo Dorado Sr. Because he's a Sr, there's obviously a Jr out there somewhere. Eduardo Dorado/ El Dorado. I betcha that kid was Eduardo Dorado Jr. Makes sense. Assuming the Dorados live in Taos, New Mexico, which is where that Star Labs facility is located, then he wouldn't live that far from Tye, who lives in El Paso. That's about a 6 hour drive. Queen Bee's men could have easily snatched up 2 boys in such close proximity.

In the most recent episode Nightwing says the Kroloteans were kidnapping people and experimenting on them to find the metagene. That's probably what Queen Bee was gathering those kids for. That's probably how they're going to get their powers.

Again, just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came true.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    This thread made me get the series by "alternative means" (over here it's not shown on TV yet) - catching up.
  • Options
    This thread made me get the series by "alternative means" (over here it's not shown on TV yet) - catching up.
    I'm in the same boat. Sadly DC don't seem to want our money! DC are shockingly poor to release DVDs of their animation in the EU. I don't like to download something if there's a legitimate means, and I really hope DC start getting their act together on this.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm waiting for them to collect the whole first season instead of buying the 4-6 episode arcs they do.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Can i just say that I'm loving this show? I can still get my pre-DCNU 52 fix with these original stories. Bat Family, Flash Family, we just need the Super Family.

I hope there is a season 3.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    Yeah I'm waiting for them to collect the whole first season instead of buying the 4-6 episode arcs they do.
    Unfortunately, WB seems to want to gamble that there are enough suckers who will buy the 4-episode DVDs instead of putting out full season boxed sets that fans like us would buy in a heartbeat. I have all the Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The Batman, Teen TItans and Justice League/ Unlimted sets. However, I have not bought any of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, nor will I buy Green Lantern: The Animated Series or Young Justice unless they release full season sets. Someone needs to bring this up at the Comic-Con panel and tell them to get on the ball because, otherwise, they will not make money on them.
  • Options
    That second one is hilarious.
  • Options
    I don't get why he is all pissed at superboy for calling him a rookie. He did take his girl so it shouldn't matter to him lol.