Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

And now, something you don't see foiling your evil plan everyday

Greetings.

Today I'm going to discuss....well, more like, post, an obscure superhero....well, superheroine, to be exact. She isn't a princess from a woman-only island or a far away Middle Eastern kingdom, not a super-agent with fiery red mane or a penchant of being underdressed in a dangerous mission, not an accountant turned animal or a tan girl turned green. She's actually.....an animal.

She's Man Eating Cow. A, um, superheroine from a parody superhero frenchise called The Tick. She's basically a normal cow trained to eat people by a certain chair headed supervillain. She was the only one left alive from her brood after they all eaten by alligators that were being kept with them. She now roams the world, eating every criminals she deems unworthy. She often left her victim's shoe and foot.

Her she is

Comments

• Options
    BryanBryan Posts: 208
    Is the tick really obscure among the type of person likely to frequent this forum? Certainly obscure for the general population though.

That being said, love the Man Eating Cow! Probably my favorite action figure in my collection.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited February 2019
    Man-Eating Cow #1, along with Paul the Samurai #1 (the ongoing series, not the two-issue miniseries), debuted the same month in the summer of 1992, and were the first Tick-related comics not written by creator Ben Edlund. Both were written by Clay Griffith, who I was already friends with at the time because he was a customer at the comic shop I was working at. I can still remember him coming into the shop to pick up his bag, and telling us he got the gig. He mostly writes novels with his wife now, but that was his first professional comics writing work, and he still sets up at cons (he always does Dragon Con in Atlanta, and he sets up at Heroes Con most years).
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

Man Eating Cow, chainsaw vigilante, and Paul the samurai are really fun characters.

I love the tick.

• Options
    Anyone else ever play The Tick for SNES or Sega? I had/still have the SNES version, but I’ve never finished the damned thing. It’s super-long with very few save opportunities. I think I only made it about halfway through before giving up on it.
  • Options
    The Tick: Hip Deep in Evil boardgame is a little better though. Not quite as good a game as I was hoping, but fun enough.

• Options
    edited February 2019

The answer is yes on the Sega. It reminded me of the Ninja turtles arcade game and had some fun moments. I may have to track down a copy.

Never finished it though

• Options

I need to get out my Omnibus Bus poster and put that up in my comics closet.

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

The Tick: Hip Deep in Evil boardgame is a little better though. Not quite as good a game as I was hoping, but fun enough.

Oh man. I have had this sitting on my shelf since 1996. Which is probably the last time it was played.

If this is better than the videogame, I shudder to think how bad that was.
  • Options
    Brack said:

Oh man. I have had this sitting on my shelf since 1996. Which is probably the last time it was played.

If this is better than the videogame, I shudder to think how bad that was.
    That’s probably around the last time I played the boardgame too. The video game had some laughs, but it was very repetitive and very frustrating because of how long you had to go in between saves.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Arg I am going to have to get a new phone