Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

So who's coming to Heroes Con?

Answers

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Haven't missed one since I started going back in 2000. I'll be in my usual spot.
    And that spot is?

In the TwoMorrows booth.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited June 2012
    Haven't missed one since I started going back in 2000. I'll be in my usual spot.
    And that spot is?

In the TwoMorrows booth.
    Cool!

I look forward to meeting you!
  • Options
  • Options
    RobAndersonRobAnderson Posts: 553
    Likewise!
    The TwoMorrows booth always has a ridiculous amount of awesome stuff...looking forward to checking it out yet again...

• Options
    So, me and DaFu Yu -- the writer and artist on REX, ZOMBIE KILLER -- will be hanging in the Big Dog Ink booth #420 at Heroes Con.

Please stop by and say "hi"! More info in the Rex, Zombie Killer thread here:
    http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/420/rex-zombie-killer-hits-shops-today

DaFu is also taking pre-show commissions and will be sketching there, too, I bet. His pre-show commission thread is here:
    http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/664/heroescon-2012-pre-show-commissions

Hope to see you guys there!
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    I will bring my copy of Rex, Zombie Killer to get signed. Awesome.
  • Options
    Great! Look forward to seeing you there!

• Options
    @RobAnderson, Looks like we’ll be neighbors! I’ll be in Booth 416-418.
  • Options
    @RobAnderson, Looks like we’ll be neighbors! I’ll be in Booth 416-418.
    Oh, that's awesome! Can't wait to check out your books (again).

And CGS folks can visit us in one easy location! ;-)

• Options
    I'm thinking about easing up to the convention for the day, in past years have the back issue bins been good? I just saw the guest list and it looked great, but didn't see too many retailers
  • Options
    There are always a lot of back issue dealers, no matter what you're looking for: Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, $1 boxes, etc. I don’t expect this year to be any different.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about easing up to the convention for the day, in past years have the back issue bins been good? I just saw the guest list and it looked great, but didn't see too many retailers
    I agree with @nweathington, and not just 'cause he'll be my neighbor at the show. ;-)

I used to do a lot of back issue bin diving, and was especially bad about buying lots of discounted trade paperbacks. Before I had a booth to man, I would make 2-3 trips to the car in a day. I *still* have a huge backlog from several years ago....

• Options
    Alright! Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Heading out shortly with my son. His first con. We'll see who wears out first.
    Sorry I'm gonna miss seeing you. Won't be there until tomorrow.

• Options
    Great! Look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks for again for signing my books and had a great time talking Doctor Who with you.

• Options
    Hey guys, just wanted to share my thoughts on the recent Heroescon for any who may be interested. This was my first con and had I not started listening to CGS I don't know if I would have ever had the motivation to go. I had a great time at the con. It was nice to support some friends of the show. I got to meet Eric at the Twomorrows booth and grab a couple of copies of Backissue. I picked up a copy of Rex: Zombie Killer and talked about the book and CGS with Rob at the Big Dog Ink booth.

Also a special thanks to JK Woodward. I had pre-ordered a commission from him. I went by the booth on Friday and even though the picture wasn't finished, he showed me his rough outline and gave me a detailed explanation of what he was doing with it. I got the final product from him the next day and it turned out fantastic (it being a black costume Spider-Man and Hobgoblin aerial battle. If I can figure out how to upload pics I will try to share it). If you are going to a con that JK will be at you really need to get a commission from him.

Some other highlights include meeting Stan Lee, the Scott Snyder/Francisco Francavilla panel on the Black Mirror and current Batman, picking up a load of old Amazing Spider-man issues, meeting Mark Bagley who has been my favorite Spidey artist since I was a kid. Also David Marquez, upon finding out it was my brother's first con, did a full page Ultimate Spider-Man head sketch for free. 

Sorry for being wordy but I had a blast and wanted to thank all the people I met who helped make this a great time and to encourage anyone else out there on the fence about going to a con to at least check out Heroescon. 
  • Options
    Glad you had a good time. It’s my favorite show of the year, so I'm glad you decided to give it a try.
  • Options
    Sorry for being wordy but I had a blast and wanted to thank all the people I met who helped make this a great time and to encourage anyone else out there on the fence about going to a con to at least check out Heroescon. 
    Never apologize for being wordy on the Forums!

Some of my best friends are wordy!
  • Options
    I always got a sketch from J.K. Woodward. He drew The 11th Doctor and the Silver Surfer. I am very happy how it turned out.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @Rod28 Thanks! I enjoyed chatting with you, too!

@Amazing_Bagman Thanks for stopping by! Happy we got to meet.

@nweathington Was great being "neighbors" even if we hardly saw each other. I'm LOVING the BACK ISSUE mag I picked up from you!

@WetRats Glad we got to say "hi", even if I hardly saw you! You should have gone to Phat Burrito with us that one night. ;-) Then again, I saw a lot of CGS folks who I wished I had gotten to talk with longer, so it's just the nature of cons, I guess...

Great Heroes Con!

• Options
    @WetRats Glad we got to say "hi", even if I hardly saw you! You should have gone to Phat Burrito with us that one night. ;-) Then again, I saw a lot of CGS folks who I wished I had gotten to talk with longer, so it's just the nature of cons, I guess...
    Went to FUJO with Jon Carroll & Buzz then skeedaddled. The heat and the crowd and the concrete had me plumb wore out.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Great seeing everyone.
  • Options
    Went to FUJO with Jon Carroll & Buzz then skeedaddled. The heat and the crowd and the concrete had me plumb wore out.
    @WetRats True, the heat was brutal this year! *Especially* when I broke down my stuff and loaded up on my way out. Anyway, glad we caught up for a bit!

• Options
    @WetRats True, the heat was brutal this year! *Especially* when I broke down my stuff and loaded up on my way out. Anyway, glad we caught up for a bit!
    Likewise!
  • Options
    @RobAnderson Yeah, I'm all about good fences make good neighbors, but those banners completely cut us off. Good to see you what little I did though.
  • Options
    So is this for next year? Because I am planning to come to either Heroes or Emerald City next year but I've got to figure how much flights will cost and accomodation as well. I don't live in the states. Any advice?
  • Options
    @JohnathanConstantine It depends on where you're coming from to some degree. If you're coming from Europe, Charlotte will save you a lot of travel time (about 12 hours round trip), and you may even be able to get a direct flight. Accommodation-wise, it will be about the same whichever you chose.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    @JohnathanConstantine It depends on where you're coming from to some degree. If you're coming from Europe, Charlotte will save you a lot of travel time (about 12 hours round trip), and you may even be able to get a direct flight. Accommodation-wise, it will be about the same whichever you chose.
    Thanks @nweathington, but I'm coming from Australia
  • Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    Emerald will be way faster then, unless you take a crazy route here. From what I understand, most flights to and from Aus land in LA then continue on to their destinations. I've never been to a real con myself, and Emerald and Heroes are the two I have the most interest in. Emerald because it's not too far (half a day driving, or so) and Heroes because Richard Case goes every year, Dorkin was there this year, and it generally has a lot of everything else. Emerald will probably be in the cards for next year.