Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel: "War" October 2012

13»

Comments

• Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    "War" seems to be Marvel's go to word for their events: World War Hulk, Civil War, Chaos War, War of Kings, Secret War(s), Infinity War, Ultron War(rumored), etc.
    No kidding. ENOUGH already!!
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    "War" seems to be Marvel's go to word for their events: World War Hulk, Civil War, Chaos War, War of Kings, Secret War(s), Infinity War, Ultron War(rumored), etc.
    No kidding. ENOUGH already!!
    Candy-ass hippie peacenik!

>:)
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
    edited July 2012
    And now (EDIT) is coming back again,this era of marvel is worse than it was in the 90,s nothing fresh and new.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited July 2012
    EDIT- (Link to rumor about dead character returning)

I have no problem with (EDIT) coming back.... (for the rest of that discussion, please see the thread Greg started about it)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited July 2012
    I know some are using this thread about the War teasers to have a whinge about Marvel in general, but could we not get into unrelated spoilers in a discussion like this?

If you want to talk about rumors or spoilers for other events there are discussions for that already going. But it is a bummer to get spoiled in an unrelated discussion like this.

Thanks.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm sorry but if your still reading Marvel after this,then you really are a 'zombie'.
    Ah, Busty. A laugh a minute.
    :P
  • Options
    looks cool to me.
  • Options
    bustybusty Posts: 104
  • Options
    So Im a zombie cause I like the promo art?
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    edited July 2012
    Punisher vs. The Avengers? Really?!?! geeez. The Punisher's whole point is that he kills people. And Marvel isn't going to take its marketable properties off the board. So we have a series whose entire "point" isn't going to happen. I guess the puzzle here is to idenitfy to one of two Avengers that are the equivalent of the Bill Foster Giant-man, who may actually be aced. Otherwise, if there was ever an "event" that held out the promise of ZERO status quo change - this one's it! I-)

e
    L nny
    In interviews, Rucka has said that for him to buy into The Punisher as part of the Marvel Universe, a confrontation with The Avengers was inevitable. Eventually he'd show up on their radar, and they'd have to take him down. Looks like he's not going down easy.

Although I've never liked the Punisher as "hero", I am intrigued with Rucka's take on the character, and interested to see where this goes.
    @WetRats See, that's exactly why I can't buy Punisher as part of the Marvel Universe. Give him his own universe - like the Max series - and he can kill to his heart content - and fulfill his core concept. But put him in Marvel, and when he goes up against a group of heroes and is unable to kill ANY of them (or 1 or 2 inconsequential ones), it just destroys any sense of reality for the character (IMHO).

That's why I think it they really want him to be part of the Marvel U they're better served to keep him as far away from front and center as they can. with the occasional teamup here and there - which entails less suspension of belief.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Yup, Punisher HAS to be a fringe character in 616 or things get out of hand.