Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    bats00 said:

CGS theater presents: a few good podcast hosts

Murd:  "Deemer, did you order the Code Red on Gallagher?"
    Jamie D: "You don't have to answer that question!"
    Deemer: " I'll answer the question!"
    Deemer: Murd, You want answers?
    Murd: "I think I'm entitled to."
    Deemer: "You want answers?"
    Murd: "I want the truth!"
    Deemer: "You can't handle the truth!"
    [pauses]

Deemer: Murd, we live in a world that has podcasts, and those podcasts have to be hosted by geeks with comics. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Pants? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Gallagher, and you curse CGS. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Gallagher's firing, while tragic, probably increased sponsorships. And my appearances, while infrequent and rare to you, increases downloads. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on the forum, you want me on this podcast, you need me on this podcast. We use words like floppy, trade paperback, Hardcover. We use these words as the backbone of a podcast spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very podcast that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a microphone, and start your own podcast. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Murd: "Did you order the Code Red?"
    Deemer: I did the job I...
    Deemer: "You're GD right I did!"

I'm thinking pretty much every Tom Cruise movie would be improved if Murd was put in place of Tom.
    not just his movies, but probably his marriages, too.
  • Options
    Wasn't there a story about Deemer trying to get a job at Marvel?
  • Options
    Matt said:

The number of Facebook friends has been increasing. I also received three comics job offers today.
    There has been so much love and positivity.
    The haters aren't hating like usual. Must be off partying.

Maybe Deemer could kick me off again when I get these books done?

In HR matters, the terminated employee gets to know the reasons they were terminated.
    One can view their employee file as well.
    Terminating a friend? Not so much.

I've never heard of terminated employees getting to review their personnel files. Interesting. I have always been told employees have no rights with regard to their own personnel files. I get complete access to employee personnel files (except anything medical) when I am conducting an investigation because they are the property of the company, not the employee. That's why I do not need the employee's permission to review and get copies of it.

Some of the things I have found in files would not be good for an employee to see.

M.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/employee-rights-book/chapter5-2.html
  • Options
    random73 said:

Really disappointed to see Mike go. I really enjoyed his unique and very knowledgeable viewpoint along his great personality he brought to the show. I thought he was also pretty committed to the show too, submitting his top 5s and pick of the month for previews even while not being able to make a show and being the most active host on the forum.

Good luck to you Mike and your projects in the comic world. I hope to hear you on some of the other podcasts I listen to and I'll be on the lookout for comics you work on!

agreed. Mike is/was BY FAR the most active host on the forums. Made me feel a bit like he was one of us.

Gabba! Gabba! We accept you! We accept you! One of us!
    I'm not exiting the van until they force it! It was my intention to be accessible.
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    Pants said:

I would have chimed in earlier too, but was prepping for tonight's episodes as well as recording them.

I saw Mike this evening and he was very upbeat about the many comic projects he's currently working on and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

I love you mister pants!!!!
  • Options

He applied for this job like everyone else. It was not a, "I'm a podcaster, give me the job!" moment at all. Although I'm sure it was on his résumé, because it is relevant experience.
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Everything comes back to 2000AD
  • Options

He applied for this job like everyone else. It was not a, "I'm a podcaster, give me the job!" moment at all. Although I'm sure it was on his résumé, because it is relevant experience.
    Actually I was invited, no application necessary.
  • Options

He meant Bryan applying to Marvel just like anyone else.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Just being glad that as a listener I can't get kicked off the show #:-S

:-j
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    bats00 said:

[pauses]

Deemer: Murd, we live in a world that has podcasts, and those podcasts have to be hosted by geeks with comics. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Pants? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Gallagher, and you curse CGS. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Gallagher's firing, while tragic, probably increased sponsorships. And my appearances, while infrequent and rare to you, increases downloads. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on the forum, you want me on this podcast, you need me on this podcast. We use words like floppy, trade paperback, Hardcover. We use these words as the backbone of a podcast spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very podcast that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a microphone, and start your own podcast. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

I'm thinking pretty much every Tom Cruise movie would be improved if Murd was put in place of Tom.
    So...what I'm hearing is...@bats00 wants to see Murd sliding around in his socks and underwear wearing dark sunglasses...anybody else hearing that?
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Matt said:

The number of Facebook friends has been increasing. I also received three comics job offers today.

In HR matters, the terminated employee gets to know the reasons they were terminated.

I've never heard of terminated employees getting to review their personnel files. Interesting. I have always been told employees have no rights with regard to their own personnel files. I get complete access to employee personnel files (except anything medical) when I am conducting an investigation because they are the property of the company, not the employee. That's why I do not need the employee's permission to review and get copies of it.

Some of the things I have found in files would not be good for an employee to see.

M.

In my experience in management an employee could view their file anytime they wanted but it could not leave the building because it is company property.
  • Options
    KyleMoyer said:

He meant Bryan applying to Marvel just like anyone else.
    You are correct. I need to learn to read at 8am. Holy crap!
    4 hours sleep ain't healthy for the elderly.
  • Options
    I meant lanterncast. I apologize to the members of lanterncast, their families, their pets, and to all humanity for the mistake.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    KyleMoyer said:

Matt said:

M.

A quick google search tells me that it varies by state and in Pennsylvania, Mike is indeed correct.

Pennsylvania

43 Pa. Cons. Stat. Ann. §§ 1321 to 1324

Employers affected: All.

Employee access to records: Employer must allow employee to inspect personnel record at reasonable times. (Employee’s agent, or employee who is laid off with reemployment rights or on leave of absence, must also be given access.) Unless there is reasonable cause, employer may limit review to once a year by employee and once a year by employee’s agent.

Written request required: At employer’s discretion. Employer may require the use of a form as well as a written indication of the parts of the record employee wants to inspect or the purpose of the inspection. For employee’s agent: Employee must provide signed authorization designating agent; must be for a specific date and indicate the reason for the inspection or the parts of the record the agent is authorized to inspect.

Conditions for viewing records: Employee may view records during regular business hours at the office where records are maintained, when there is enough time for employee to complete the review. Employer may require that employee or agent view records on their own time and may also require that inspection take place on the premises and in the presence of employer’s designated official.

Copying records: Employer not obligated to permit copying. Employee may take notes.

Employee’s right to insert rebuttal: The Bureau of Labor Standards, after a petition and hearing, may allow employee to place a counterstatement in the personnel file, if employee claims that the file contains an error.
    (THIS IS A BLANKET RESPONSE TO ALL OF THE POSTS IN RESPONSE TO MY POST)

Interesting. I've worked for a few companies in my life and (not surprisingly) no one has ever mentioned this to me. Good to know...and knowing is half, well you know!

M.
  • Options
    Pants said:

random73 said:

agreed. Mike is/was BY FAR the most active host on the forums. Made me feel a bit like he was one of us.

Gabba! Gabba! We accept you! We accept you! One of us!

I'm not exiting the van until they force it! It was my intention to be accessible.
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Mike - When you asked me Monday if you would be allowed on the forums I said to you "Why wouldn't you be?"

You fall under the same rules as any other forum member. No one is going to force you off the forums.

B.
    Thanks. That's nice to know. I appreciate it Pants!!!
  • Options

So I got fired from a business?

It doesn't seem like you did. But it's hard for us people out here, that are not in-the-know, to know whether or not CGS is thought of as a business or not. Good point to make.

Glad to see that you are still welcome on the forums.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    random73 said:

bats00 said:

[pauses]

So...what I'm hearing is...@bats00 wants to see Murd sliding around in his socks and underwear wearing dark sunglasses...anybody else hearing that?
    Hey! I resemble that remark!!
  • Options
    bats00 said:

random73 said:

bats00 said:

[pauses]

"Resemble"?!

M

• Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Matt said:

bats00 said:

random73 said:

bats00 said:

[pauses]

"Resemble"?!

M

Resemble...Resent...Regret...Something with an R
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I am under the impression that any money that comes to CGS goes right back into the show. If a few of the guys make a few bucks fine by me.
    Are you guys trying to tell me that there are HR files kept on the geeks? I highly doubt it.
    CGS is a business in a sense. They have advertisers, partner with other entities (i.e. Super London Show or whatever its called), but let's not pretend that CGS is something its not (a multinational corporate enterprise making billions of dollars).
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    JDick said:

I am under the impression that any money that comes to CGS goes right back into the show. If a few of the guys make a few bucks fine by me.
    Are you guys trying to tell me that there are HR files kept on the geeks? I highly doubt it.
    CGS is a business in a sense. They have advertisers, partner with other entities (i.e. Super London Show or whatever its called), but let's not pretend that CGS is something its not (a multinational corporate enterprise making billions of dollars).

Sponsors keep the lights on & studio rented. No paychecks. There's no HR, Accounting, Loss Prevention, Janitorial, etc departments. There's no applications, handbooks, or contracts, so no need for HR files.

M

• Options
    Matt said:

Sponsors keep the lights on & studio rented. No paychecks. There's no HR, Accounting, Loss Prevention, Janitorial, etc departments or files.

M

You lie! Pants is totally the janitor!

:O)
  • Options
    What an interesting thing to see post NYCC.
  • Options

Matt said:

Sponsors keep the lights on & studio rented. No paychecks. There's no HR, Accounting, Loss Prevention, Janitorial, etc departments or files.

M

You lie! Pants is totally the janitor!

:O)
    Well, he is flinging "whipped up porridge" all over the place! :)

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Matt said:

Sponsors keep the lights on & studio rented. No paychecks. There's no HR, Accounting, Loss Prevention, Janitorial, etc departments. There's no applications, handbooks, or contracts, so no need for HR files.

M

but you get all the chicks ~:>
  • Options
    bats00 said:

random73 said:

bats00 said:

[pauses]

I would like to see pants doing the Tom cruise thing sliding across the floor
  • Options
    Matt said:

KyleMoyer said:

Matt said:

M.

A quick google search tells me that it varies by state and in Pennsylvania, Mike is indeed correct.

Pennsylvania

Employee access to records: Employer must allow employee to inspect personnel record at reasonable times. (Employee’s agent, or employee who is laid off with reemployment rights or on leave of absence, must also be given access.) Unless there is reasonable cause, employer may limit review to once a year by employee and once a year by employee’s agent.

Written request required: At employer’s discretion. Employer may require the use of a form as well as a written indication of the parts of the record employee wants to inspect or the purpose of the inspection. For employee’s agent: Employee must provide signed authorization designating agent; must be for a specific date and indicate the reason for the inspection or the parts of the record the agent is authorized to inspect.

Conditions for viewing records: Employee may view records during regular business hours at the office where records are maintained, when there is enough time for employee to complete the review. Employer may require that employee or agent view records on their own time and may also require that inspection take place on the premises and in the presence of employer’s designated official.

Copying records: Employer not obligated to permit copying. Employee may take notes.

Employee’s right to insert rebuttal: The Bureau of Labor Standards, after a petition and hearing, may allow employee to place a counterstatement in the personnel file, if employee claims that the file contains an error.

Interesting. I've worked for a few companies in my life and (not surprisingly) no one has ever mentioned this to me. Good to know...and knowing is half, well you know!

M.
    It's usually a safe bet that most people have no idea what their rights are so if you want to do something that would get you in trouble if they exercised those rights, you're usually fine. Heck, until I looked that up because I was curious, I had no idea that I had that legal right, but I've also never really felt the need to exercise it.
  • Options
    KyleMoyer said:

Matt said:

KyleMoyer said:

Matt said:

M.

Pennsylvania

M.
    It's usually a safe bet that most people have no idea what their rights are so if you want to do something that would get you in trouble if they exercised those rights, you're usually fine. Heck, until I looked that up because I was curious, I had no idea that I had that legal right, but I've also never really felt the need to exercise it.
    I know enough law to have been a defender of Carmike in employment cases several times.