Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Diggle Gone! Faster Than A Speeding Bullet!

2»

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Torchsong said:

Nah, he's gonna show up in the Teen Titans book as Brother Blood.

Get it...Brother Blood? Y'know, because that's how they talk...right? I learned that from reading Power Man books as a kid. :)

How about Brother Blood's rival Captain Crip?
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Torchsong said:

Nah, he's gonna show up in the Teen Titans book as Brother Blood.

Get it...Brother Blood? Y'know, because that's how they talk...right? I learned that from reading Power Man books as a kid. :)

Oh sweet christmas....
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    That's the ongoing joke we have in my book Thugs. We have an African-American character who totally speaks in Power Man speech. We constantly remind the reader that the writer of the book (me) was raised on a steady diet of old white Jewish men trying to write ethnic speech.

http://www.thugsonline.com/archive/Page038.html
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    This has devolved rather quickly. Black Spectre, Brother Blood yeessh.
    At least we know one thing, Stewart will be in DC's top 1% of competent bad guys. he's already destroyed one planet with a bomb.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    WetRats said:

You are correct. And Mal only predated Stewart by a year or two.

I always considered Mal to be an ancestor of Tyroc. Both were token black characters with ill-defined sonic-based powers who nobody had a clue how to use.
    Initially, Mal didn't have any powers at all. He was simply the ... ah -- diverse member. With street smarts. He acquired Gabriel's Horn later, during the first attempt at a Titans revival in the mid-70's.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Initially, Mal didn't have any powers at all. He was simply the ... ah -- diverse member. With street smarts. He acquired Gabriel's Horn later, during the first attempt at a Titans revival in the mid-70's.

Ah.

My memories of those stories make more sense now.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Remember a year or so ago when I said that DC had become Marvel in the 90's where the editors would change stories after they were turned in?

Remember that there were a few people who told me I was crazy for saying that?

I wish that I had been wrong as well.

DC's 52 is plagued with creative changes, cancellations and horrible publicity. The thing is, if the book were GREAT, no one would pay attention to that stuff. I wonder how long before DC has to bring in Bill Jemas and Joe Quesada to fix everything...
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    mwhitt80 said:

This has devolved rather quickly. Black Spectre, Brother Blood yeessh.
    At least we know one thing, Stewart will be in DC's top 1% of competent bad guys. he's already destroyed one planet with a bomb.

And he killed another planet, with ring power.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

Mental note to self do not ask John Stewart to protect me. Stewart needs to re-evaluate his career choice. I think switching sides would work much better for him; maybe he could intern with the Black Racer.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited March 2013
    & I get my wish... Tony Daniel soon to be off Action Comics also.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/tony-daniel-off-action-comic-too.html

Cue the happy happy joy joy dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNajFYPljQ

Matthew

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Looks like John Stewart is going to live after all.

Now the question is are they just backpedaling now in the "Um, uh, n-n-no, we were NEVER going to really do that, no really for reals you guys. Really. Heh." sense or did bad information get out there?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    mwhitt80 said:

Mental note to self do not ask John Stewart to protect me. Stewart needs to re-evaluate his career choice. I think switching sides would work much better for him; maybe he could intern with the Black Racer.
    That's cold.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445

Looks like John Stewart is going to live after all.

Now the question is are they just backpedaling now in the "Um, uh, n-n-no, we were NEVER going to really do that, no really for reals you guys. Really. Heh." sense or did bad information get out there?

DC has gotten REALLY bad with info that leaks. They will let people go, who can't wait to run to the fan press to badmouth them. Usually that mean they are unhappy with their jobs or have information that people simply can't quite believe. So many stories have come out of editors dictating plots, changing pre-written dialogue, firing people via e-mail or simply not telling them and they found in Previews, creators giving "I'll never work there again" and so on that you have to conclude that where there is smoke, there is fire.

When you listen to interviews with writers who worked with these editors back in the 90's, they tell the same stories of the same business practices, so it's easy for me to believe that at DC, stories are from the top down for most folks, The X-Men office in the 90's was notorious for this...Scott Lobdell woudl say he had no idea what was coming up in his issues of the X-Men because the editors hadn't told him what to write, Jeph Loeb has told stories of how he didn't recognize his plots when they were published and Mark Waid...welll...Mark Waid doesn't have a problem speaking his mind.

It sounds like a mess at DC and unless it's a big name writer, the stories show it.