Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    While I can live with it. I'm disappointed that Pym isn't a part of A2. With Joss Whedon in control it would have been perfect casting to bring Fillion & Baccarin back together to play Hand and Janet.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    rebis said:

While I can live with it. I'm disappointed that Pym isn't a part of A2. With Joss Whedon in control it would have been perfect casting to bring Fillion & Baccarin back together to play Hand and Janet.

For some reason, I see Fillion as Wonder Man. I think it's the showmanship. As for Wasp, I like Jewel Staite more for the character. Baccarin has more of an exotic look...maybe Wonder Woman?!

M
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Matt said:

rebis said:

For some reason, I see Fillion as Wonder Man. I think it's the showmanship. As for Wasp, I like Jewel Staite more for the character. Baccarin has more of an exotic look...maybe Wonder Woman?!

M
    In the Ultimate version (which arguments over if the movies are based on the ultimate versions or not) Janet is Asian or of Asian descent. Originally she's apparently from New Jersey though. So could go either way on an exotic look I guess.

Wasn't Olivia Munn suppose to be Janet in Iron Man 2? or was rumored to be her anyway before ending up having a smaller roll
  • Options
    Krescan said:

Matt said:

rebis said:

M
    In the Ultimate version (which arguments over if the movies are based on the ultimate versions or not) Janet is Asian or of Asian descent. Originally she's apparently from New Jersey though. So could go either way on an exotic look I guess.

Wasn't Olivia Munn suppose to be Janet in Iron Man 2? or was rumored to be her anyway before ending up having a smaller roll
    Interesting. I've avoided the Ultimate books since they first came out.

I didn't hear that rumor, but glad. I can't stand Munn. I think she's a huge faker with her public persona.

M
  • Options
    I cannot wait until ANGELA shows up at the end of the movie. AWKWARD!
  • Options

Interesting. I've avoided the Ultimate books since they first came out.

I didn't hear that rumor, but glad. I can't stand Munn. I think she's a huge faker with her public persona.

M

The Munn is horrible so everything she has ever done for further confirmation of this. Cough *PERFECT COUPLES* Cough
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Newsroom is suppose to be good, but I haven't seen it yet

and Iron Man 2 wasn't too bad was it?

she's hot if she wants to pretend she's a geek girl I can live with it

so anyway avengers 2, he is on the Nerdist podcast today and he said he had the idea for Avengers 2 before he was done with the first one

that's reassuring right?
  • Options
    Krescan said:

Newsroom is suppose to be good, but I haven't seen it yet

and Iron Man 2 wasn't too bad was it?

she's hot if she wants to pretend she's a geek girl I can live with it

so anyway avengers 2, he is on the Nerdist podcast today and he said he had the idea for Avengers 2 before he was done with the first one

that's reassuring right?

Newsroom is kind of a mess, everyone on that show acts like the Newsroom is the most important thing anybody has ever touched in the history of existence. The first season was a real guilty pleasure for me, but Olivia Munn did not add anything to that show. Glad Whedon said that though.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

Newsroom is kind of a mess, everyone on that show acts like the Newsroom is the most important thing anybody has ever touched in the history of existence.

So it's pretty much like every other Aaron Sorkin show.

My only experience with Olivia Munn is when she was briefly on The Daily Show. She tried to turn the criticism over that into being an issue about critics unwilling to accept an attractive woman as being funny, but the simple fact is that she really wasn't funny. I don't recall any other cast member seeming so stiff and awkward on camera. I can't imagine her handling page after page of Sorkin dialogue.
  • Options
    Matt said:

rebis said:

M
    I can see Fillion as Wonder Man. Well, I could see a young Fillion as Wonder Man. He's a bit soft now.
  • Options
    I really like this bit of casting. That smarmy voice coming out of Ultron will be very cool.
  • Options
    rebis said:

I really like this bit of casting. That smarmy voice coming out of Ultron will be very cool.

I was going to disagree and say that Ultron's voice should be more neutral and electronic -- but then I realized how wrong that was, and that you're right: Ultron would sound kind of smarmy at that.
  • Options

rebis said:

I was going to disagree and say that Ultron's voice should be more neutral and electronic -- but then I realized how wrong that was, and that you're right: Ultron would sound kind of smarmy at that.
    Is it going to be hard to make him threatening?
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868

rebis said:

Is it going to be hard to make him threatening?
    Smarmy and creepy and super-powerful is pretty scary. Threats make it look like they are taking you seriously, mocking you means they are so assured in their power they don't consider you a threat. (Gatchaman Crowds' iteration of Berg Katze is doing great example of this at the moment).
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Well now if they can find roles for Jami Gertz and Andrew McCarthy you'd have a Less than Zero reunion
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, I always thought of Ultron as being condescending and Spader can pull that off perfectly.
  • Options
    DAR said:

Well now if they can find roles for Jami Gertz and Andrew McCarthy you'd have a Less than Zero reunion

I can find all kinds of rolls for Jami Gertz. "rimshot"
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    I love James Spader more than most family members. I am off the wall happy
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited September 2013
    I'm not sure how long this teaser will stay up (I was told it's the Comic Con teaser, but I have not confirmed this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMU4R_e2xk
  • Options
    SPOILERS for Iron Man 3:

It makes perfect sense for Tony to create Ultron in the movie. With the shrapnel & chest piece removed, Tony could build either a straight-forward android to take his place on the team or a suit similar to the Mark 42 that has a better AI then Jarvis. The suit could upgrade itself to look more like Ultron's comic body.

This would motivate Tony to don a new Iron Man armor and rejoin the team.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

It makes perfect sense for Tony to create Ultron in the movie.

Yep.

As soon as the title was announced, I theorized that would be the case.

It's really quite nicely set up.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited September 2013
    Eric_C said:

I love James Spader more than most family members. I am off the wall happy

I'm with you on this. I had an audiobook narrated by Spader that just absolutely made my skin crawl (in the best possible way). His voice is fantastic.

Kind of excited about The Black List too come to think about it.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Paul Bettany as the vision? I guess if Tony built Ultron this makes perfect sence.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/36198
  • Options
    random73 said:

Paul Bettany as the vision? I guess if Tony built Ultron this makes perfect sence.

Whoa. I was unaware they were casting for the Vision. If they're able to pull his character off properly, this could be amazing.

• Options
    random73 said:

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/36198

Happy Dance!

One of my favorite actors.

• Options
    There's gonna be a TON of characters in this film!

Cap
    Iron Man
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Nick Fury (unless he dies in Cap2 -- Fat chance!)
    Maria Hill
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Vision
    Iron Patriot/War Machine
    Falcon?
  • Options

random73 said:

Whoa. I was unaware they were casting for the Vision. If they're able to pull his character off properly, this could be amazing.

I'm not sure if they were even casting for the part. It makes sense to use Bettany, especially if the Iron Man movies are done. I picture the origin along the lines of:

With Tony no longer Iron Man, he creates Ultron to fill his place (which will probably look a lot like an Iron a Man suit.) Either Ultron will create Vision using Jarvis (since he's tied into Stark's infrastructure) or Tony will create Vision using a reliable AI, Jarvis, to combat Ultron.

Hopefully, Tony constructs the Silver Centurian suit.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

With Tony no longer Iron Man, he creates Ultron to fill his place (which will probably look a lot like an Iron a Man suit.) Either Ultron will create Vision using Jarvis (since he's tied into Stark's infrastructure) or Tony will create Vision using a reliable AI, Jarvis, to combat Ultron.

I don't think you're too far off.

It flows very nicely from IM3
  • Options
    So the only characters they need really give backstory on is Vision and Ultron but they are connected and the same for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I hope they dump Iron Patriot for War Machine. Maybe Rhodey goes to work with Tony. Falcon might just be in the Cap films which would be cool.

Make it a 3 hour movie that doesn't feel like a 3 hour movie. Marvel really doesn't cause that much negative discussion over their casting. Seems be to be universally accepted along with Evangeline Lilly and we don't even know if she is actually going to be Janet.