Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Wow. There is a lot to take in there. I'm excited! I'm getting that funny feeling I got when I saw the first avengers trailer again. Can't wait for this!!!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I am at a loss for words. I thought the wait for Avengers and Guardians was bad. I should find a support group now.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    @Greg, I think we'll all wind up in the same support group.

It's going to be a loooooonnnnnnggggg time to wait for this one.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    It looks great, and very different in tone from the previous film. I'm fine if future trailers don't show us much more than this, perhaps just a little dialogue. I'd prefer to be surprised, and I think what they have here should be more than enough to sell anybody.

I'm a little torn, because I'd like to see the Avengers palling around for a film or two before things get dark, but obviously contracts and actor availability necessitate speeding things along. You gotta have a reason why certain characters aren't around in future films.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    i was underwhelmed..... it seemed very by-the-books... maybe it's just a sign of superhero movie burn out for me?

i really REALLY liked the GOTG trailer
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    and i'm really not digging the quicksilver and scarlett witch casting... im not digging their costumes either
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    That trailer was just amazing. I cannot wait for this to come out.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    bamfbamf said:

and i'm really not digging the quicksilver and scarlett witch casting... im not digging their costumes either

What "costumes" are you seeing?
  • Options
    I'm just glad you guys love the trailer. EVERYONE I know in the "real world" is all "I'm not really excited". I keep having to remind people that this is a "teaser trailer"! Everyone and their mother expects far too much from the first trailer they see of a movie they can't wait for.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Looks pretty as always. Not really a fan of how its basically all starks fault. I don't like it when the heroes are the cause of the problem they are fighting against. Makes the story seem like a wash. Anyway, looks good, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980

bamfbamf said:

What "costumes" are you seeing?
  • Options
    I don't think those are supposed to be actual costumes in the same way that Captain America or Black Widow have costumes. I think that's what they wear when they first meet the Avengers. If they get costumes, it won't be until the end or at least the last act of the movie.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited October 2014
    I certainly prefer the overall appearance of this Quicksilver to the one portrayed in X-Men:DOFP

Here's a 'swell' article to share with those underwhelmed, non-comic geeks not quite sure about this trailer: http://www.vox.com/2014/10/23/7047745/avengers-age-of-ultron-trailer-explained
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Is it just me or can you see Spader in the way Ultron moves when he's saying "There are no strings on me?"
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Is it just me or can you see Spader in the way Ultron moves when he's saying "There are no strings on me?"

Yeah I'm pretty sure he did the live capture stuff himself. And that whole speech of his is what made the trailer for me. The first time I watched it it gave me chills lol and I knew immediately what they where referring to with Pinocchio which is really cool and totally a Joss Whedon thing to do.
  • Options
    Yeah. The teaser trailer did exactly what it was supposed to and I'm very excited for this. I can't wait for it.
  • Options
    A bit curious about not seeing the Vision or Falcon. I suppose this being labelled a "teaser" is just that. There will be so much more...

I'm really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

A bit curious about not seeing the Vision or Falcon. I suppose this being labelled a "teaser" is just that. There will be so much more...

No surprise for a lack of Vision. I would've been very surprise if I saw Falcon. I didn't read anywhere he was to be in the movie.

M
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Matt said:

No surprise for a lack of Vision. I would've been very surprise if I saw Falcon. I didn't read anywhere he was to be in the movie.

M
    I'll be sad if he's not. Falcon was, surprisingly, one of my favorite parts of Cap II. Vision I don't expect to until the 3rd act.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Matt said:

M
    I'll be sad if he's not. Falcon was, surprisingly, one of my favorite parts of Cap II. Vision I don't expect to until the 3rd act.
    With Cap and Falcon taking off at the end of Winter Soldier, presumably to work together / go on adventures together, I'd be very surprised if we don't see him in this installment. We already know we're going to see Rhodey / War Machine. He appeared int he trailer.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised to not to see Falcon considering they were going on a mission to find Bucky at the end unless Falcon is doing something else when this movies is going down and it's explained.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    edited October 2014
    Any news rumors about wasp making an appearance in this one?
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited October 2014
    Oh yeah!? Any Antman action in this one or does his movie not fall till after Avengers 2?
  • Options
    random73 said:

Oh yeah!? Any Antman action in this one or does his movie not fall till after Avengers 2?

Antman is out after Avengers 2; beginning phase 3.

M
  • Options
    AxelBrass said:

Any news rumors about wasp making an appearance in this one?

I've heard nothing yet, possibly some mid or post-credit scene. I'm not even 100% she'll be suiting up in Antman.

M
  • Options

random73 said:

Matt said:

M
    With Cap and Falcon taking off at the end of Winter Soldier, presumably to work together / go on adventures together, I'd be very surprised if we don't see him in this installment. We already know we're going to see Rhodey / War Machine. He appeared int he trailer.
    I'm actually hoping he isn't. Not because I didn't think he kicked ass, but because I don't want this to fall into one of my numerous concerns for BvS:DoJ; too many characters. I'd gladly sacrifice a quick Falcon cameo or scene for an extra couple moments for Black Panther.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M
    I'm actually hoping he isn't. Not because I didn't think he kicked ass, but because I don't want this to fall into one of my numerous concerns for BvS:DoJ; too many characters. I'd gladly sacrifice a quick Falcon cameo or scene for an extra couple moments for Black Panther.

M
    I think a Falcon cameo makes much more sense than introducing a new character like T'Challa. A mention of Wakanda is enough for this installment. From what I've heard, Marvel is looking at Cap 3 as sort of an Avengers 2.5. In other words, another ensemble picture, and it may feature Cap's new team of Avengers from the end of Age of Ultron - Falcon, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and probably The Vision.

I've also heard that the Russo Brothers are in talks to direct Avengers 3 and possibly 4, tying it all together so that at the end of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, Tony Stark retires from The Avengers and possibly even from being Iron Man, feeling responsible for what happened with Ultron - his brainchild. I'm guessing that Stark presumes that these Marvels in the Age of Miracles are too unregulated. And with SHIELD compromised, there's no one to keep tabs on these superhumans. This attitude puts him in direct conflict with Cap. Those negotiations RDJ recently referred to could presumably be his major appearance in Cap 3, setting up the Civil War storyline.

All supposition, theory, and hypothesis...

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    I think a Falcon cameo makes much more sense than introducing a new character like T'Challa. A mention of Wakanda is enough for this installment. From what I've heard, Marvel is looking at Cap 3 as sort of an Avengers 2.5. In other words, another ensemble picture, and it may feature Cap's new team of Avengers from the end of Age of Ultron - Falcon, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and probably The Vision.

I've also heard that the Russo Brothers are in talks to direct Avengers 3 and possibly 4, tying it all together so that at the end of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, Tony Stark retires from The Avengers and possibly even from being Iron Man, feeling responsible for what happened with Ultron - his brainchild. I'm guessing that Stark presumes that these Marvels in the Age of Miracles are too unregulated. And with SHIELD compromised, there's no one to keep tabs on these superhumans. This attitude puts him in direct conflict with Cap. Those negotiations RDJ recently referred to could presumably be his major appearance in Cap 3, setting up the Civil War storyline.

I hope that Russo Brothers thing comes true. I thought Winter Solider was excellent, and even felt like an ensemble film. I would be happy to see what they do with Avengers.
  • Options

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M

I disagree; you've got a broken vibranium shield, you've got Ulysses Klaw...it's practically written to include him.

M