Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

I don't know about you guys but I miss Pants

I can't quite put my finger on it but the show seems to be lacking something since Pants left. I don't feel the overarching enthusiasm that used to be there, the guys are running through the motions and it doesn't seem as fun as it once was. Not that I don't like the rest of the crew, I do, but it feels like a part of the whole is missing. Any chance we can get him back? :)

Comments

• Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I think it's been pretty good. Sure, Pants was great, they need someone who can bring that energy, I think they'll find someone to fit that role eventually. But I'm still enjoying the show like always, discussions are still top notch.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Especially in this weather. #freezingmyballsoff
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    fxmatt said:

I can't quite put my finger on it but the show seems to be lacking something since Pants left. I don't feel the overarching enthusiasm that used to be there, the guys are running through the motions and it doesn't seem as fun as it once was. Not that I don't like the rest of the crew, I do, but it feels like a part of the whole is missing. Any chance we can get him back? :)

Weird, because we're having wicked fun.

M
  • Options
    mphil said:

I think it's been pretty good. Sure, Pants was great, they need someone who can bring that energy, I think they'll find someone to fit that role eventually. But I'm still enjoying the show like always, discussions are still top notch.

We do have another energetic fellow, though there's a thread already complaining of his enthusiasm.

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited November 2013
    It's funny because threads like this popped up when Peter left the show. People were saying it wasn't the same, the chemistry had changed, etc

Of course we all know the show went on and was as great as always. Pants did a faaaaantastic job and we should expect no less from Jamie and the other Geeks.

I for one appreciate @JamieD for being willing to step up and take on the producer roll. I like the intentional, and sometimes unintentional, pulling back of the curtain..and the edit free, laid back feel..like the old episodes once had.

It's also interesting because Pants would often step back, be the producer, and just let the other guys talk. What you got a lot of the times was Shane, Jamie, Matt, and Murd having a discussion with Pants stepping in only to move things along..not a hell of a lot different then what we are getting now.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Mr_Cosmic said:

It's funny because threads like this popped up when Peter left the show. People were saying it wasn't the same, the chemistry had changed, etc

Unlike the Thank Jeebus Deemer is Gone threads. Those got out of hand with the celebrating and bottle popping. ;)

We're glad you are showing up more Bryan; we missed you too.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Yeah. The show is different. It's about change. It happens. Same thing happened when Peter left. Same thing happened when Deemer left for a time. The same could be said that things changed a bit when Mike was on and then left. The show is still good. It's just different depending on who is on the show. I don't think the quality has dipped though and I still enjoy the show so that's got to be how you judge the show.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I miss one of my socks. Again.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Well, at least you have the other one. Right?
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm loving show as much ever. Just today I was thinking how good a job @JaimeD is doing in the hot seat. I think show was always going to drop in production quality a little, but Mr The D is still learning the ropes when it comes to that side of thing, and every show is improving. The talk remains as ever at the highest of quality though. I for one still think this is the best comic podcast out there.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited November 2013
    Still digging it.

I mean, it's free entertainment that people go out of their way to provide for me, so even if I did have a complaint I'd probably keep it to myself, but still, I'm digging it.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    For me, CGS has always provided a tasty mix of informal friendly chit-chat, and informative factoids about the wonderful world of Geekdom. Even If I'm not that familiar with the subject matter, I'll usually tune in just to hear the Geeks have at it. It's been that way since the beginning, and seems to be continuing under Jaimie's reign. It's a great show, long may it continue.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm way behind, but I remember catching up when Peter left. I couldn't tell the difference in the continuity of the show. It was still the same podcast I enjoyed.

I imagine this will be the same as well.
  • Options
    coming up next : The Peter Pants Show
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Not sure why this hasn't been mentioned here, but you can hear the latest from @Pants in the most recent episode on Doctor Who. He's not entirely gone... and Episode 1441 is here.
  • Options
    JamieD said:

Hey all, I have hemmed and hawwed about even posting this but it did kinda hurt that some of you would feel like this. I have learned long ago you need a thck skin in the podcasting game and when you disagree with an opinon that is cool, when you put up posts like this is can be a bit hurtful but again thick skin helps. Here is my question to you the audience, would you rather lose Pants and then lose the podcast all together or lose Pants as a regular but keep the podcast going? To be honest if I hadnt picked up the gauntlet, even with all I do have on my plate health wise, and kept us going on, no one else would have and the show would have faded away. But I wouldnt let that happen and I will continue to do my best to make sure you have the some of the best shows available online. I dont plan on going anywhere and I hope you all have fun as you listen to us knuckleheads talk about funny books

So, without you picking up the baton, once Pants left the show, it would've gone NewCGS or CGS HERE! with younger versions of us with slightly different back stories (except for Adam) or reshuffling the host line up with a dozen CGS spinoffs (ex. Hidden CGS, Youth CGS, CGS Coliseum)? Thanks for continuing the laps, buddy.

M
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    JamieD said:

Hey all, I have hemmed and hawwed about even posting this but it did kinda hurt that some of you would feel like this. I have learned long ago you need a thck skin in the podcasting game and when you disagree with an opinon that is cool, when you put up posts like this is can be a bit hurtful but again thick skin helps. Here is my question to you the audience, would you rather lose Pants and then lose the podcast all together or lose Pants as a regular but keep the podcast going? To be honest if I hadnt picked up the gauntlet, even with all I do have on my plate health wise, and kept us going on, no one else would have and the show would have faded away. But I wouldnt let that happen and I will continue to do my best to make sure you have the some of the best shows available online. I dont plan on going anywhere and I hope you all have fun as you listen to us knuckleheads talk about funny books

Keep up the great work, good fellow. You're doing an awesome job!
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    I miss Pants but I'm very happy that the show has continued, and I've liked the more recent shows that I've listened to. I'm very appreciative of the fact that Jamie has picked up the baton and soldiered on. I've only listened to about half of the shows since Pants left, but I definitely enjoyed the discussions I've heard. It sounded like you guys were continuing to have fun.
    Matt said:

So, without you picking up the baton, once Pants left the show, it would've gone NewCGS or CGS HERE! with younger versions of us with slightly different back stories (except for Adam) or reshuffling the host line up with a dozen CGS spinoffs (ex. Hidden CGS, Youth CGS, CGS Coliseum)?

Hah! Just as long as we never get CGS Babies or CGS Kidz.
  • Options
    JamieD said:

To be honest if I hadnt picked up the gauntlet, even with all I do have on my plate health wise, and kept us going on, no one else would have and the show would have faded away. But I wouldnt let that happen and I will continue to do my best to make sure you have the some of the best shows available online. I dont plan on going anywhere and I hope you all have fun as you listen to us knuckleheads talk about funny books

:x

Thanks for all you've done and still do.
    And keep up the fight. You show the big C.
  • Options
    Matt said:

JamieD said:

So, without you picking up the baton, once Pants left the show, it would've gone NewCGS or CGS HERE! with younger versions of us with slightly different back stories (except for Adam) or reshuffling the host line up with a dozen CGS spinoffs (ex. Hidden CGS, Youth CGS, CGS Coliseum)? Thanks for continuing the laps, buddy.

M
    I really want to hear CGS Coliseum...
  • Options
    The show is different without Pants, but it's still great. I like the change-ups. Keeps things fresh.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited December 2013
    JamieD said:

I wish we would all stop commenting on this thread (yes, I see the irony) because every time I see the title in my feed, it makes me feel as though it's a slap in the face to everyone left. Sure, Pants brought a special energy to the show, but times change and in a year no one will think twice about the team. I'm one that despises change, but I recognize it happens. And when it happens, it's uncomfortable for a little while. Three weeks into the Pants-less CGS is too soon to make threads like this IMO. JeremyD keep fighting the good fight. There's gonna be hiccups, but most people will be forgiving. If they're not, they'll find someplace else to spend their hard earned money ;)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    JamieD said:

You're doing a great job so far, @JamieD. Unsurprising that the show would keep its pimp hand strong with you at the wheel. :D
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Elsiebub said:

I miss Pants but I'm very happy that the show has continued, and I've liked the more recent shows that I've listened to. I'm very appreciative of the fact that Jamie has picked up the baton and soldiered on. I've only listened to about half of the shows since Pants left, but I definitely enjoyed the discussions I've heard. It sounded like you guys were continuing to have fun.

Matt said:

So, without you picking up the baton, once Pants left the show, it would've gone NewCGS or CGS HERE! with younger versions of us with slightly different back stories (except for Adam) or reshuffling the host line up with a dozen CGS spinoffs (ex. Hidden CGS, Youth CGS, CGS Coliseum)?

Hah! Just as long as we never get CGS Babies or CGS Kidz.
    I was thinking it would be CGS: The Next Generation. What will kill the podcast though would be CGS: Voyager.
  • Options
    Jamie D, you're doing a great job. I like the audio clips and love the BoTM is coming back. (I really would like Tiny CGS, though. Drawn by Art and Franco, of course. No CGS:Voyager.)
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited December 2013
    I dunno I'm looking forward to CGS 90210

You're doing a fine job Pimp.
  • Options
    I miss Cousin Oliver. :(
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

I miss Cousin Oliver. :(

You and Tiger.